collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140953 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #660 on: January 22, 2018, 11:34:09 PM »
Well this is exciting! Just imagine getting Starshine with no symbol rust? Wow!
Here is the link to Basic Fun's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/basicfuntoys/

Also, the pictures on the Basic Fun website show Sunlight the correct color but Moonstone is misnamed Cotton Candy.  :lol:

Ponyfan

With the parlour label, there's some subliminal cotton candying going on.
She's pink. I blame Pinkie Pie. Cotton Candy has to be her ancestor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

I didn't realize the stickers have new artwork on them.  I'd like to see a pic of Baby Lemon Drop's sticker. :)  I love that they included the rainbow sticker on the Rainbow ponies' brushes.

I got confused with all the different company names.  :redface: Thank you for the direct link, Ponyfan!
Sunlight's symbol still kills me, but I'll be sure to ask if the rainbow ponies will ever be coming here.

I'm glad I could help. :) I tried going the Bridge Direct Facebook page first and it said that they had merged with Basic Fun.

So in love with those Rainbow ponies!  I hope that Sunlight's markings are just prototype.  But I'll be happy to have her even if they aren't.

I did find Butterscotch today!  She was tossed in the back of the end cap behind other toys.  She's very pretty.  I'd like to find Blossom as all of mine have faded to gray.

Congrats. :) I got Butterscotch this weekend too.

I was successful in my Target quest today!!  After multiple visits and lots of searching, I was able to get the three I wanted the most!  I got Minty, Blue Belle, and Blossom!  I almost didn't get Blossom because I originally had planned on choosing 2, but my mom convinced me to splurge and get Blossom too as I'd probably regret leaving her behind  :P  I'm so glad that I FINALLY got my hands on them!   :biggrin:

I'm really impressed with how nice they are, the hair is beautiful and I think the plastic has a nice feel as well.  I look forward to seeing what ponies Bridge Direct rolls out in the future!  I'm sooo excited that these weren't just a one off and that there are plans for more.  I'd love to see them do rare ponies like Mountain Boys or even brand new ponies, like that rainbow one from Rescue at Midnight Castle or the Galaxy ponies.  I'll gladly join in the people messaging Bridge Direct and asking for those.  I'd also LOVE it if they did the TAF ponies.  I wouldn't complain about an affordable Night Glider!

Congrats HelloGoodbye. :) I love the 35th anniversary Minty. 

Ponyfan

I wouldn't mind another Nightglider at ALL either! And I am sure you are right re: Pinkie and Cotton Candy. Kappa does call her Cotton Candy in the movie after all so perhaps there is a connection.

And please Mr. Basic Fun, don't forget us here in SA. We are very friendly and promise to buy lots of ponies. Just send them here, ok?

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 23, 2018, 01:51:58 AM »
Well this is exciting! Just imagine getting Starshine with no symbol rust? Wow!
Here is the link to Basic Fun's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/basicfuntoys/

Also, the pictures on the Basic Fun website show Sunlight the correct color but Moonstone is misnamed Cotton Candy.  :lol:

Ponyfan

With the parlour label, there's some subliminal cotton candying going on.
She's pink. I blame Pinkie Pie. Cotton Candy has to be her ancestor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

I didn't realize the stickers have new artwork on them.  I'd like to see a pic of Baby Lemon Drop's sticker. :)  I love that they included the rainbow sticker on the Rainbow ponies' brushes.

I got confused with all the different company names.  :redface: Thank you for the direct link, Ponyfan!
Sunlight's symbol still kills me, but I'll be sure to ask if the rainbow ponies will ever be coming here.

I'm glad I could help. :) I tried going the Bridge Direct Facebook page first and it said that they had merged with Basic Fun.

So in love with those Rainbow ponies!  I hope that Sunlight's markings are just prototype.  But I'll be happy to have her even if they aren't.

I did find Butterscotch today!  She was tossed in the back of the end cap behind other toys.  She's very pretty.  I'd like to find Blossom as all of mine have faded to gray.

Congrats. :) I got Butterscotch this weekend too.

I was successful in my Target quest today!!  After multiple visits and lots of searching, I was able to get the three I wanted the most!  I got Minty, Blue Belle, and Blossom!  I almost didn't get Blossom because I originally had planned on choosing 2, but my mom convinced me to splurge and get Blossom too as I'd probably regret leaving her behind  :P  I'm so glad that I FINALLY got my hands on them!   :biggrin:

I'm really impressed with how nice they are, the hair is beautiful and I think the plastic has a nice feel as well.  I look forward to seeing what ponies Bridge Direct rolls out in the future!  I'm sooo excited that these weren't just a one off and that there are plans for more.  I'd love to see them do rare ponies like Mountain Boys or even brand new ponies, like that rainbow one from Rescue at Midnight Castle or the Galaxy ponies.  I'll gladly join in the people messaging Bridge Direct and asking for those.  I'd also LOVE it if they did the TAF ponies.  I wouldn't complain about an affordable Night Glider!

Ponyfan

I wouldn't mind another Nightglider at ALL either! And I am sure you are right re: Pinkie and Cotton Candy. Kappa does call her Cotton Candy in the movie after all so perhaps there is a connection.

And please Mr. Basic Fun, don't forget us here in SA. We are very friendly and promise to buy lots of ponies. Just send them here, ok?

Sorry for the long quote. But as l said in early posts it would be just amazing they put out some HTF ponies, like TAF ones or the rare TE... l would go crazy if Mimic did appear, as for Nightglider of others like them. I wouldn’t mind if they skip flutters and wingers.... and what about Adult Sea Ponies?

The drop by drop info is killing all of us, but l am really happy that this has gone way wider than just US vs Europe. I hope more stores will show up in other places of the world. Maybe South America. Their market was pretty powerful back then.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #662 on: January 23, 2018, 03:21:01 AM »
I didn't realise New Zealand was in Europe ;)

It's interesting that they've changed the site information. I remember the original release projection was said to be February...but...then the Swedish site said April? And they refused to confirm any date with me other than Spring, which it isn't yet.

I guess we need to keep on our toes, but fingers crossed that the NZ thing isn't a red herring.

You have to wonder if they're doing it this way to build collector hype...

Have you guys noticed there are in box photos of these guys on that Swedish site now?? example...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I also figured out what the scented thing might mean. The stickers were meant to be scented, right? Do you think they got the wrong end of the stick where that was concerned?

Those boxes definitely look geared up for Europe, but wouldn't be out of place in Canada either...? Makes me wonder if there are other boxes designed for Germany, Spain etc with those languages as Scandinavia tends to get English language release stuff for MLP?

Most importantly:

I see no pea soup. That symbol looks quite nice O.o
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:31:00 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #663 on: January 23, 2018, 04:45:54 AM »
Love how they look with their packaging!!  :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: And especially Sunlight's proper symbol colors! We can all rest easy now  :lol:

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 23, 2018, 04:52:33 AM »
Starshine also looks a lot better in the box:

I'm especially glad they got Sunlight right at last, because technically she's probably the originator for Rainbow Dash. I always thought in g3 that Rainbow Dash looked a lot like a nod to Sunlight, ponywise, and then obviously G4 gave her wings but originally that wasn't the case. I think it would be a shame if she wasn't properly displayed.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:55:02 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 23, 2018, 05:02:20 AM »
Wow! They look great and Starshine's symbol is gold glitter. :) :) not the painted yellow sun. And I'm happy to see Sunlight's symbol is more accurate also.  I also like how the stickers are placed in the box.  Is that French on the box along with English?

I think you're right Taffeta. :) Maybe Bridge Direct misread scented stickers as scented ponies. *sniffs ponies* I wonder what they smell like?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 23, 2018, 05:06:39 AM »
Wow! They look great and Starshine's symbol is gold glitter. :) :) not the painted yellow sun. And I'm happy to see Sunlight's symbol is more accurate also.  I also like how the stickers are placed in the box.  Is that French on the box along with English?

I think you're right Taffeta. :) Maybe Bridge Direct misread scented stickers as scented ponies. *sniffs ponies* I wonder what they smell like?

Ponyfan

Yep, it's French and English. I'm actually surprised not to see more languages there unless they are going to do language releases in pairs...or forget that most of Europe don't have English or French as a first language. Either is possible.

Since stuff seems to be on the move, with the website and the swedish site having these images. I'm going to start keeping a closer eye on store shelves around here I think. I reckon it's too early to see them in the UK yet, but it doesn't hurt to be alert.

The two companies listed on the website are distributors, not stores as such as far as I can gather. The one probably will deal with Scandinavia. New Zealand is a new curveball but may also deal with Australia and perhaps even other places nearby? We're still waiting for the rest of mainland Europe and the UK, though. I'm not worried, as they've been confirmed multiple times. Just impatient ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #667 on: January 23, 2018, 05:33:12 AM »
At last we have package photos!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 23, 2018, 05:45:29 AM »
The gift set is missing Sunlight.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #669 on: January 23, 2018, 05:54:52 AM »
The gift set is missing Sunlight.

I know!! They are SO MEAN!!!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 23, 2018, 06:33:46 AM »

Ponyfan

Thanks Ponyfan!  I think the Minty was the one that I was most hoping to find!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 23, 2018, 06:45:26 AM »
Since TBD does not sell their products in my country I reaallllyyy hope the Rainbow ponies make it to the US also as I do not know anyone in Europe or NZ who I can ask for help.

I just wish the gift set included Sunlight instead of Windy and Parasol both who I already own. I wouldn't mind having a more purple Windy but that Parasol isn't that much different to the original.

I guess I have no choice but to buy the ones I don't have yet individually, whether it's the retro re-release or the original.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #672 on: January 23, 2018, 06:47:27 AM »
wow o.o they look amazing!!!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 23, 2018, 06:55:15 AM »
They do look really great!  And I also love how the sticker is displayed nicely.

Here's hoping these make it to Slovakia so that maybe my sister can pick one up for me. 

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 23, 2018, 07:28:43 AM »
I love them! I am going to see if I can find someone that would be willing to pick up a set for me! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal