collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 139269 times)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #645 on: January 21, 2018, 05:34:09 PM »
I was successful in my Target quest today!!  After multiple visits and lots of searching, I was able to get the three I wanted the most!  I got Minty, Blue Belle, and Blossom!  I almost didn't get Blossom because I originally had planned on choosing 2, but my mom convinced me to splurge and get Blossom too as I'd probably regret leaving her behind  :P  I'm so glad that I FINALLY got my hands on them!   :biggrin:

I'm really impressed with how nice they are, the hair is beautiful and I think the plastic has a nice feel as well.  I look forward to seeing what ponies Bridge Direct rolls out in the future!  I'm sooo excited that these weren't just a one off and that there are plans for more.  I'd love to see them do rare ponies like Mountain Boys or even brand new ponies, like that rainbow one from Rescue at Midnight Castle or the Galaxy ponies.  I'll gladly join in the people messaging Bridge Direct and asking for those.  I'd also LOVE it if they did the TAF ponies.  I wouldn't complain about an affordable Night Glider!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 21, 2018, 07:34:15 PM »
Here is the link to Basic Fun's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/basicfuntoys/

Also, the pictures on the Basic Fun website show Sunlight the correct color but Moonstone is misnamed Cotton Candy.  :lol:

Ponyfan

With the parlour label, there's some subliminal cotton candying going on.
She's pink. I blame Pinkie Pie. Cotton Candy has to be her ancestor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

I didn't realize the stickers have new artwork on them.  I'd like to see a pic of Baby Lemon Drop's sticker. :)  I love that they included the rainbow sticker on the Rainbow ponies' brushes.

I got confused with all the different company names.  :redface: Thank you for the direct link, Ponyfan!
Sunlight's symbol still kills me, but I'll be sure to ask if the rainbow ponies will ever be coming here.

I'm glad I could help. :) I tried going the Bridge Direct Facebook page first and it said that they had merged with Basic Fun.

So in love with those Rainbow ponies!  I hope that Sunlight's markings are just prototype.  But I'll be happy to have her even if they aren't.

I did find Butterscotch today!  She was tossed in the back of the end cap behind other toys.  She's very pretty.  I'd like to find Blossom as all of mine have faded to gray.

Congrats. :) I got Butterscotch this weekend too.

I was successful in my Target quest today!!  After multiple visits and lots of searching, I was able to get the three I wanted the most!  I got Minty, Blue Belle, and Blossom!  I almost didn't get Blossom because I originally had planned on choosing 2, but my mom convinced me to splurge and get Blossom too as I'd probably regret leaving her behind  :P  I'm so glad that I FINALLY got my hands on them!   :biggrin:

I'm really impressed with how nice they are, the hair is beautiful and I think the plastic has a nice feel as well.  I look forward to seeing what ponies Bridge Direct rolls out in the future!  I'm sooo excited that these weren't just a one off and that there are plans for more.  I'd love to see them do rare ponies like Mountain Boys or even brand new ponies, like that rainbow one from Rescue at Midnight Castle or the Galaxy ponies.  I'll gladly join in the people messaging Bridge Direct and asking for those.  I'd also LOVE it if they did the TAF ponies.  I wouldn't complain about an affordable Night Glider!

Congrats HelloGoodbye. :) I love the 35th anniversary Minty. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 21, 2018, 08:05:23 PM »
I'm still weirded out by Sunlight's color and awful symbol. I will  just buy her original. But damn I want Starshine! I'll apply the glitter myself. Here's hoping she won't tan in 20-years.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 22, 2018, 03:57:30 AM »
The green symbol could be a prototype or test thing. Why would they make golden glitter on two ponies into neon colors if the rest of the set have accurate glitter symbols? I'll wait for in-hand pics.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #649 on: January 22, 2018, 04:08:38 AM »
The green symbol could be a prototype or test thing. Why would they make golden glitter on two ponies into neon colors if the rest of the set have accurate glitter symbols? I'll wait for in-hand pics.

Me too. I am hoping they'll get a wide store distribution but at least for the next few months I'm in London and at home, and sister is in Oxford, so hopefully somewhere will see them. I intend to get Windy for sure, but the others will depend on the in person impression...

I have to admit that if I found the collector ponies, the ones that appeal to me most are Snuzzle and Minty. So if we don't get them here, those are probably ones I might trade for. I haven't decided yet though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 22, 2018, 08:09:07 AM »

The hair colors seem a bit dark too. I think they added purple to their tails.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 22, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »
But damn I want Starshine! I'll apply the glitter myself. Here's hoping she won't tan in 20-years.

Hehe, yep I think I may do the same!  :lol:
New, squeaky-clean, WHITE (not cream!) ponies!  :biggrin:

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 22, 2018, 02:30:18 PM »
The official site for the ponies has been updated. It now says “available now” under the Rainbow Ponies. Nothing about Europe, so fingers crossed for further releases! It also lists two retailers for the Rainbow ponies. One in Denmark and one in New Zealand.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:35:28 PM by StrawberryScoops »

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #653 on: January 22, 2018, 02:44:44 PM »
The official site for the ponies has been updated. It now says “available now” under the Rainbow Ponies. Nothing about Europe, so fingers crossed for further releases! It also lists two retailers for the Rainbow ponies. One in Denmark and one in New Zealand.

This is cool and not cool! What about the rest!? Argh!! This slow drop of information is driving me crazy! I want to know it all right now!! XD

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 22, 2018, 02:48:15 PM »
This is cool and not cool! What about the rest!? Argh!! This slow drop of information is driving me crazy! I want to know it all right now!! XD
I hear you, I hear you!!!!  :freak: :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #655 on: January 22, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »
I sent a message to Basic Fun on FB a few days ago and they said that the Rainbow ponies are only available in Europe right now but that they could make their way to other areas of the world too.  They said that they cannot guarantee when but keep an eye on their social media pages.  They also have a 3 year plan for MLP and when asked about baby ponies they just say that there are many things in the works that we'll be really excited for but they cannot say what just yet.  Someone else said that they had mentioned big brother ponies even though they had not specifically been asked about them by the author, so who knows what we'll see coming up.

I have still not been able to find the CP ponies locally and it is starting to annoy me.  They have not yet restocked my local Target at all and the day that they were supposed to get in, someone else cleared them all out.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 22, 2018, 03:16:53 PM »
NEW ZEALAND NEW ZEALAND NEW ZEALAND  :freak:  OMG OMG OMG .............WHAT?
im going to stalk them now  :P they say trade only customers  :cry: but they show all the squishy pop and fush'ems which i think are done by basic fun

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 22, 2018, 04:55:58 PM »
Its great to hear that other places will get these as well.  :iconclap:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 22, 2018, 07:56:05 PM »
Hmmm.. can't wait to find the rainbow ponies when they come out. Hopefully they make it to the USA. I hope that there isn't going to be back and forth between what series are where.  :P

It seems on their page they are using images of the original 80s ponies instead of the actual prototypes of the reproductions for them. I guess they are still tweaking the colors or don't have accurate images yet.
~Foxtale~

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 22, 2018, 11:16:13 PM »
NEW ZEALAND NEW ZEALAND NEW ZEALAND  :freak:  OMG OMG OMG .............WHAT?
im going to stalk them now  :P they say trade only customers  :cry: but they show all the squishy pop and fush'ems which i think are done by basic fun

Yay for the NZ collectors!  :ohyeah:
Now, make friends with an independent toy shop owner + get them to order a few!  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal