collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140750 times)

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #600 on: January 20, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »
Mind you if firefly etc do not come to the uk I will rage.  I will still buy the retros. But I will rage. :P

Oh, feel free to! It's justified! Just make sure it's 100% confirmed they won't come to the UK first. ;)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #601 on: January 20, 2018, 08:35:32 AM »
Mind you if firefly etc do not come to the uk I will rage.  I will still buy the retros. But I will rage. :P

Oh, feel free to! It's justified! Just make sure it's 100% confirmed they won't come to the UK first. ;)

Promise. It is a wound of over thirty years making and thus the rage must be just and terrifying o.o

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 20, 2018, 08:55:57 AM »

Promise. It is a wound of over thirty years making and thus the rage must be just and terrifying o.o

Note to self: Take cover and send Taffeta Fireflys if such an unfortunate occurence occurs.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:07:25 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 20, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »

Note to self: Take cover and send Taffeta Fireflys if such an unfortunate occhrence occurs.

Believe me, even the Rainbow of Light would not be able to quell the wrath O.O.
...Although honestly it's Glory and Medley I want. You can have Firefly ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 20, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »
Squeeeeee!  Y'all remember I sent Basic Fun a message about LM's idea of releasing mystery pony with an uncut DVD of the original special, right?

I got a reply!

That's a GREAT idea Robyn, thank you for sharing with us and we will pass this along to our team, thanks again for you feedback 😀 Have a great day 🙂

Of course, there are never any guarantees but I am just so stoked right now!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 20, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »
Squeeeeee!  Y'all remember I sent Basic Fun a message about LM's idea of releasing mystery pony with an uncut DVD of the original special, right?

I got a reply!

That's a GREAT idea Robyn, thank you for sharing with us and we will pass this along to our team, thanks again for you feedback 😀 Have a great day 🙂

Which is why it's important we communicate with them. If they don't want to talk to us then they'll stop replying ;) But if we don't say anything, we can;t complain about the decisions they make...

That would also be a great pony for global release.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #606 on: January 20, 2018, 11:09:21 AM »

I got a reply!

Which is why it's important we communicate with them. If they don't want to talk to us then they'll stop replying ;) But if we don't say anything, we can;t complain about the decisions they make...

That would also be a great pony for global release.

Amen!!

Pleeeease, everyone, don't just sit around being sad because "oh, the Rainbow ponies are Europe exclusives" or "what if they don't release them in my country"--CONTACT THEM and TELL THEM that you want the Rainbow ponies, the Collector ponies, tell them you would buy them.  They are not mind-readers and they are not Evil Meanies who are denying you of ponies to make you cry, they are a small company that wants to sell retro ponies where they are wanted.  So TELL THEM they are wanted.  It is easy, they are super responsive on Facebook!

Speaking of, I emailed and asked them point blank if the Pretty Parlor came with Peachy and got this reply:

I thanked them, then added "actually she is just Peachy, not Peachy Pie", lol.  (I wonder if they were thinking of actual G3 Peachy Pie or if they just got confused with the 'P' name and were thinking of Pinkie Pie.)  They replied again apologizing for the mistake . . . Honestly, their customer service people are so responsive and nice.

I mean, it is their job to be nice, sure, but we are getting sooo much more information out of them than we would out of Hasbro IMO. I remember pony fairs during the G3 Core 7 where people would ask for more unicorns in the line (since it was literally JUST Sweetie Belle) and they would just repeat over and over that their cast of ponies was very diverse because there was a pegasus and a unicorn in the line.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 20, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »
I checked two Targets today. The first one had no retro ponies or Care Bears at all but the 2nd one had 4 out of the 6. I think it's still the first set they got because Minty (the one I bought when I first found them) and Blossom were missing.

I got Butterscotch today.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm happy that most of us will all get a chance to get a retro pony whether we find them in the US or in Europe. I think there's still a good chance that the US will also get the Rainbow poines because I think Basic Fun/Bridge direct might be doing these two sets as a test market for both the US and Europe.   

I just sent Basic Fun a message telling them how much I'd love to see Rainbow Ponies in the US.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 20, 2018, 02:25:46 PM »
I’m concerned about how I may have come across in previous posts so I wanted to try and clarify my position. I fear I may have expressed my concerns too negatively.

I am happy Bridge Direct is making these ponies and I’m not upset with the company. I understand why exclusives can happen. I just don’t like it. However, like I and many others have said, it’s important to let Basic Fun/Bridge Direct know we’d like to see the other releases/ponies in our countries. As, with enough interest, they could move around. I’ve messaged them and expressed how I’d like to be able to buy the rainbow ponies and future releases in Canada. But I also told them how happy I am they are making retro ponies and that I hope they continue. I do think these ponies are great. I just really want to be able to get them. And if the Rainbow Ponies don’t come to Canada, I won’t be able to afford to get them. With currency conversions it would cost me about $28 for one pony, around $15 shipping, and $35 in customs and duty fees so $78 for one pony. I just couldn’t do it. IF the collector ponies come to Canada, and not Europe, I might be able to trade a couple and avoid the duty/taxes. I know there are many other wonderful collectors on here who are great to try and help. Canada’s lower dollar and strict customs fees are the real kicker here. So we’ll see what happens. There’s been so many items released in the US that I want which don’t make it north to the Canadian market.

So in summary, I really want the rainbow ponies but fear they will be massively out of my price range if only sold on another continent. But, I am very happy that these ponies exist. I think the most important thing we can do is thank Bridge Direct and let them know we’d like to purchase other sets in the countries we live in. They just need to know that they could make a profit on them. So let them know if you’d buy them and where you’re located :)

The same thing happens to me. I would not mind paying a little more for the pony, but the shipping costs are around 20 euros + the price of the pony + customs.
You lose the desire to buy, hey.
I hope that here in Europe they are distributed well by all the countries. Do not worry that there will always be someone who will buy the pony and send them to you.I know  people from the USA who have done it with European collectors.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:30:16 PM by ladygodiva »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2018, 02:57:53 PM »
I checked two Targets today. The first one had no retro ponies or Care Bears at all but the 2nd one had 4 out of the 6. I think it's still the first set they got because Minty (the one I bought when I first found them) and Blossom were missing.

I got Butterscotch today.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm happy that most of us will all get a chance to get a retro pony whether we find them in the US or in Europe. I think there's still a good chance that the US will also get the Rainbow poines because I think Basic Fun/Bridge direct might be doing these two sets as a test market for both the US and Europe.   

I just sent Basic Fun a message telling them how much I'd love to see Rainbow Ponies in the US.

Ponyfan

Congrats!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2018, 03:57:12 PM »
Thank you Leave a Whisper. :) Butterscoth was my 2nd top pony that i wanted to get from the 35th anniversary ponies (Minty was first)

I got a reply back from Basic Fun that the US might see the Rainbow ponies at Target and Toys R Us.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:03:42 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
What I need to know is, are they worth it?
I was burned on the 25th set when I bought it, are these actually close to the originals or are they still second class reproductions?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 20, 2018, 04:58:16 PM »
Thank you Leave a Whisper. :) Butterscoth was my 2nd top pony that i wanted to get from the 35th anniversary ponies (Minty was first)

I got a reply back from Basic Fun that the US might see the Rainbow ponies at Target and Toys R Us.

Ponyfan

They also told me both that the collector ponies were definitely coming out in the UK and then that the regional exclusives would be regional for a while but may eventually come out in different places.

I think we need to be careful as we're getting inconsistent reports. Let's see how it pans out. If we're lucky, everything will end up everywhere - but till we have them showing up in stores, let's not assume.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #613 on: January 20, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
What I need to know is, are they worth it?
I was burned on the 25th set when I bought it, are these actually close to the originals or are they still second class reproductions?

These are much better than the 25th anniversary ponies IMO. The colors are more accurate (Cotton Candy doesn't have that awful hot pink hair!) and they aren't hard as a rock. They don't have the balance issues the 25th anni ponies had either. Their bodies aren't as squishy as real G1 ponies, but they're a tad squishy.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #614 on: January 20, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »
Here you go Zargata, here was a previous post comparing the original + 25th + 35th:

After 3 different Target runs I finally found my set today! They were on an endcap near the other MLP, so if you don't see them right away, be sure to check the whole toy section, they might be hiding! I told myself I wouldn'y buy the whole set, but then i just couldn't bear to split them up, I have no self control! :P I think someone asked for comparison pics of them with the 2008 re release, and I don't think I saw any pics like that? Hope these will help someone out a little! Minty was the easiest to get to on my shelf, and my fav so she's my model ;)

All 3 from the front, original release is on the left, 2008 release is in the middle (I couldn't make her stand, so she's going to have to sit like that) and the newest release is on the right

eye comparison, original is on the bottom, newest is in the middle, 2008 is on top.

Original on left, 2008 on right

Original on left, newest release on right

Overall these guys are MUCH better in quality than the old re release. The plastic is a little squishier (not as much as the originals though!) and they're still pretty bright, but not as bad as the 2008 releases. They also stand by themselves!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:58:42 PM by Bebopgroove »

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal