collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140796 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #585 on: January 19, 2018, 08:36:49 PM »
Not sure why people think the Pretty Parlor doesn't come with Peachy?  I haven't seen any news to that effect?  In the one picture we've seen, Peachy is in the picture.

I'm wondering the same.  Though to be fair,  I feel certain that pic of the Parlor is the original vintage and the rerelease may not look exactly like that.  But still, I've also failed to see were its posted that it will definitly not be coming with Peachy.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 19, 2018, 10:53:34 PM »
I'm happy that Europe will get the Rainbow ponies although I'd love for the US to get them as well. :) I'm hoping that the US might see them if they sold well in Europe. I'm sure our European collectors will be willing to help out those of us in the US that are seeking Rainbow ponies. Why does the website say the Rainbow ponies are scented?

Regarding Mystery Pony, when I first joined the collecting community I heard she was an animated version of First Born but white ponies with rainbow hair is pretty common as  LadyMoondancer said so it's probably  just conicdence that Mystery Pony and First Born are so much alike.

It's also interesting that she carries Twinkles. I don't think we see any other animals  living with the ponies and there had to be reason that Twinkles was included

To add more in to the Mystery Pony dicussion there's also this footage of animated Rainbow ponies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRzsENtVjRM

at the end of some VHS copies of Rescue at Midnight Castle. I think the "next adventure" the audio refers to is acutally Escape from Catrina before everything was finalized and they just used part of the Rainbow Ponies commerical. 

I'd love to Mystery pony become a real pony and the Fairy Bright/Celestial ponies.

I also haven't seen anything about the retro Pretty Parlor not coming with Peachy.

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 20, 2018, 01:27:28 AM »
To summarise what we know so far that will be released:

• Collector pose G1s - already released
  • Rainbow ponies - advertised as coming very soon (hurry up, wanna get some for my kid's birthday!!) 
  • Pretty Parlour set - assuming we have Peachy (& Twinkles the cat?)

... other releases to be confirmed...

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 20, 2018, 02:31:17 AM »
It's also interesting that she carries Twinkles. I don't think we see any other animals  living with the ponies and there had to be reason that Twinkles was included
Twinkles could be there to advertise the Pretty Parlor. That was the only playset that didn't appear in the special in any form (although I guess whether we saw the water fall is debatable). I'm not sure many kids would feel the urge to get the parlor just for the cat though. Especially when they were just a background character in the special.

I also haven't seen anything about the retro Pretty Parlor not coming with Peachy.

What led me to this suspicion was that the Pretty Parlor set seemed very cheap compared to the rainbow ponies ($22 each for the ponies, $31 for the parlor). But it could just be the Swedish retail prices that are inconsistent.

It hasn't been confirmed either way if the parlor comes with a pony or not. We should get more information as the set draws closer to release. The fact that Peachy is in the picture is at least a good sign (although they put the name "Cotton Candy" below her for some reason).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:41:18 AM by SpikeTheDragon »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #589 on: January 20, 2018, 03:45:14 AM »
I asked specifically about the parlour and Peachy and didn't get any comment on it at all. All they said to me was that there were other ponies planned for the autumn but that they couldn't release what that was. They haven't mentioned the Parlour at all to me in terms of the UK and Europe so it might be that the Swedish site is getting ahead of itself in announcing something that the company aren't ready to announce yet. I guess we'll see. I would have thought it would be easy to release Peachy as well, but we should never assume anything until we are told it.

The original retail price for the Parlour was really cheap. I think in the UK it was about £2.50 for a regular adult pony and £8ish for the Parlour. Hang on....yeah. In 1983 it appeared in the catalogue for Argos at £7.95 although that's the one with the odd image featuring Butterscotch. It probably wasn't a lot more expensive in subsequent years which is why it's so popular. I don't personally see a big issue with the pricing scale given that, but...as I said before, they aren't talking about Peachy (at least not to me).

And I'm going to reiterate this. They haven't ruled out ponies crossing borders. It's much better to tell the company you want Rainbows than complain about not getting them. We need to support the early rounds of this to get more stuff in the future, and to make it clear this is a global market and a global community.

I find some of the comments a bit upsetting, to be honest. It's like folk have forgotten that we don't have to have any of these ponies. If not for this company, this would not be happening, and a lot of the people complaining already have retro ponies, whereas most of us are still waiting and who knows what could happen between now and release.

Instead of complaining because you don't have everything on your doorstep, isn't it a better idea to support the project and to contact them with your ideas? Plus it's really insensitive to people in places where no ponies are confirmed, to have the first six and be complaining about not getting the next six. Seriously. Perspective O.O.

(And I will trade Rainbows to people if I can, or sell at cost across the sea if I can. I don't mind. I'm not scared of international postage, or international trade partners ;)

Besides, I understand the logic behind this. They told me that they were rereleasing the ponies from the 25th anniversary. They told me that. It makes more sense for the original 6 to hit the States, because it was a bigger, more conscious release there. Those ponies form a big part of the original US line, from 1982 and continuous through mail order till about what, 87?  They're main characters in the US story. But, as Lady Pinwheel pointed out, Rainbow Ponies are much better known in Europe. They were one of the earliest sets in the UK, too. If those are the two sets they're going to release to begin this, it makes sense to do it that way around. I would like them all to be sold here, too, and have told them so, because I feel that's more productive - but if we only get the Rainbows this time, then we do.

I'd rather this project continued than it didn't. Bottom line, I'll take what we get and support it so they know that people in the UK want more ponies.

Back to Mystery Pony. I think I'll always think of her as First Born, though Sunbow also makes sense. I'm still thinking Rainbow of Light, though. I think she should be added to the petition campaign for the Celestials. In a sense, I think she's more important somehow, because she's a pony we've been talking about for decades.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 20, 2018, 05:29:21 AM »
Taffeta: :iconclap:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Seriously, calm down, people. We don't know a lot about what will/won't happen. Maybe the Collector Ponies will be released outside of the US eventually, maybe they won't. Maybe the Rainbow ponies wil be released outside of the UK, maybe not. It's still early days and if they do end up being regional exclusives? It's not the end of the world. We've got the internet and there'll always be a way to get them online. Sure it's less convenient and often more expensive than buying them in person, but it IS an option.

Yeah, it sucks when stuff isn't released in your country (which, I reiterate, may not even be the case eventually) but you know, it happens sometimes. I'm just happy they exist at ALL.

A lot of stuff right now is unknown. Just stop jumping to conclusions and either ask Bridge Direct yourself about X/Y/Z or wait until more info is known.

I'm so disgusted.

I am torn.  I want the rainbow ponies but I don't want to give stupid Bridge Direct or Basic fun or who ever the heck it is any of my money.

Why not? o.O

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 20, 2018, 06:48:28 AM »
I asked specifically about the parlour and Peachy and didn't get any comment on it at all. All they said to me was that there were other ponies planned for the autumn but that they couldn't release what that was. They haven't mentioned the Parlour at all to me in terms of the UK and Europe so it might be that the Swedish site is getting ahead of itself in announcing something that the company aren't ready to announce yet. I guess we'll see. I would have thought it would be easy to release Peachy as well, but we should never assume anything until we are told it.

The original retail price for the Parlour was really cheap. I think in the UK it was about £2.50 for a regular adult pony and £8ish for the Parlour. Hang on....yeah. In 1983 it appeared in the catalogue for Argos at £7.95 although that's the one with the odd image featuring Butterscotch. It probably wasn't a lot more expensive in subsequent years which is why it's so popular. I don't personally see a big issue with the pricing scale given that, but...as I said before, they aren't talking about Peachy (at least not to me).

For what it's worth, according to the Swedish site where they can be pre-ordered, the Pretty Parlor is to be released at the same time as the Rainbow Ponies, in April. If this holds true, they're still a few months away.

You make a good point about the parlor being cheap even back in the 80s. We'll see. One reason for not including Peachy (NOTE: this is speculation!)  could be to keep the price down, and they might still release her on her own later along with other playset ponies (because, as much as I would like it, I doubt they're going to be reproducing the bigger playsets, like Dream Castle or the Nursery. PE is out of the question, but please prove me wrong :biggrin:). But yeah, at this point we don't know for sure either way, and I wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions as if it's set in stone.

I also think it's very unneccessary to rage over items that haven't even been released yet. For all we know the Rainbows in the pictures could be early prototypes. If you're going to rage over something, at least wait until it's out and we know for sure what it looks like. And even then, please keep in mind that we are very lucky to get this kind of release to begin with.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 20, 2018, 07:07:13 AM »
I'm so disgusted.

I am torn.  I want the rainbow ponies but I don't want to give stupid Bridge Direct or Basic fun or who ever the heck it is any of my money.

I guess I'll eventually give in and ask a kind person in Europe to trade with me, if they want the collector ponies.

BD/BF also does all new collector ponies so you would have to give them money to trade for the Rainbows as well. Am I missing something? Are they known for unsound business practices?

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 20, 2018, 07:28:38 AM »
I’m concerned about how I may have come across in previous posts so I wanted to try and clarify my position. I fear I may have expressed my concerns too negatively.

I am happy Bridge Direct is making these ponies and I’m not upset with the company. I understand why exclusives can happen. I just don’t like it. However, like I and many others have said, it’s important to let Basic Fun/Bridge Direct know we’d like to see the other releases/ponies in our countries. As, with enough interest, they could move around. I’ve messaged them and expressed how I’d like to be able to buy the rainbow ponies and future releases in Canada. But I also told them how happy I am they are making retro ponies and that I hope they continue. I do think these ponies are great. I just really want to be able to get them. And if the Rainbow Ponies don’t come to Canada, I won’t be able to afford to get them. With currency conversions it would cost me about $28 for one pony, around $15 shipping, and $35 in customs and duty fees so $78 for one pony. I just couldn’t do it. IF the collector ponies come to Canada, and not Europe, I might be able to trade a couple and avoid the duty/taxes. I know there are many other wonderful collectors on here who are great to try and help. Canada’s lower dollar and strict customs fees are the real kicker here. So we’ll see what happens. There’s been so many items released in the US that I want which don’t make it north to the Canadian market.

So in summary, I really want the rainbow ponies but fear they will be massively out of my price range if only sold on another continent. But, I am very happy that these ponies exist. I think the most important thing we can do is thank Bridge Direct and let them know we’d like to purchase other sets in the countries we live in. They just need to know that they could make a profit on them. So let them know if you’d buy them and where you’re located :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:30:16 AM by StrawberryScoops »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 20, 2018, 07:42:10 AM »
I love the idea of a set of Playset ponies. As Paradise appears with PE in the Hasbro UK catalogue, maybe we could convince them to include her in that release ;) Globally of course.

In a way I would rather they did it that way because playsets take space.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 20, 2018, 07:44:02 AM »
Not sure why people think the Pretty Parlor doesn't come with Peachy?  I haven't seen any news to that effect?  In the one picture we've seen, Peachy is in the picture.

I presumed so, because it said Cotton Candy. I'm unfamiliar with the Pretty Parlor (with g1 playsets period) and hadn't known till one of you guys told me that it came with name stickers.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 20, 2018, 07:46:07 AM »
Aww... I'm really bummed about the Rainbow Ponies being regional exclusives...  Honestly, I would think they would sell better among kids than the collector ponies--there's just more variety.  As expensive as molds are to make, it is really surprising Bridge/BasicFun would create three for such a limited release... Hopefully all sets will make their way around the rest of the world eventually.

Otherwise, I'm not looking forward to importing... I tried to send a small package overseas a few weeks ago.  Post office quoted $40 bucks.  I told em to forget it...

I believe they would as well. They were popular when we were kids. They would be popular with kids now for the same reasons.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 20, 2018, 07:54:41 AM »
In fairness, there are kids in Europe too. And Cotton Candy and Blossom are extremely iconic here too.

It made me realise if not for the net we wouldn't know all the things we do. I mean in the eighties we had no idea of ponies in other places unless we visited. It is like someone said earlier...

Mind you if firefly etc do not come to the uk I will rage.  I will still buy the retros. But I will rage. :P
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 20, 2018, 07:58:38 AM »
In fairness, there are kids in Europe too. And Cotton Candy and Blossom are extremely iconic here too.

It made me realise if not for the net we wouldn't know all the things we do. I mean in the eighties we had no idea of ponies in other places unless we visited. It is like someone said earlier...

Mind you if firefly etc do not come to the uk I will rage.  I will still buy the retros. But I will rage. :P

I just meant kids period.  But especially alien-kids from the planet gorgonzolia. That's Hasbro's secret biggest market. ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 20, 2018, 08:03:15 AM »
I was having images of the Childcatcher from chitty chitty bang bang...

My sister has just said she would want a Cotton Candy and would be willing to try and get a rainbow to trade for her via my help...so I guess that shows my point about Cotton Candy here! My sister has an army of her...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal