collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 139274 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #540 on: January 19, 2018, 03:07:42 AM »
I found Minty! Squeee. But upon deboxing, I noticed an oddity. Her back legs have some thin streaks of what looks like dark green marker. A factory defect, no doubt, and it's not super upsetting to me, but I do raise an eyebrow. Did anyone else who deboxed discover something similar?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #541 on: January 19, 2018, 03:46:31 AM »
Toy companies distribute to markets, not every single country on a continent. "European market" changes from company to company. Monster High products would often show up in Spain and England but not in Germany even though they were "European exclusive" that's why I joked about these two countries.

At least France has a similar price point to Germany, so I'll wait and see how expensive they're going to get...

I don't really understand what MH has to do with anything, as we're talking about Hasbro :P Traditionally Germany has a pretty priveleged position in European releases of MLP, with its own exclusives, and so on and so forth.

In any case, if you look at current Hasbro packaging for g4, there are a massive number of languages on the back label, even if not on the front. Hasbro Europe is also in London. That's not where Hasbro UK is/was, that used to be in Wales and possibly still is. But the reason I mention the UK not always being Europe is that we also have packages marked Canada, Australia etc, which implies a more "Commonwealth" association. We don't always get the stuff continental Europe gets (for example, Starswirl didn't appear here, I got her on a trip to France but I haven't ever seen her in the UK).

If we go by hasbro's logic and languages and distribution of G4, there's no reason to not assume Europe is a continent. The only unknown factor is whether it relates to the licensed company's view of Europe, rather than Hasbro's. But historically Germany is prominent in Hasbro's target market, so the chances of Germany being excluded from this are remote to none. The bigger risk I would think would be countries in Europe that didn't have G1 for various reasons, or only had them in limited quantity. As this is an anniversary release, they might not think of people there wanting this kind of release.

But realistically, it makes more sense to look at Hasbro's approach to pony distribution, both then and now, than it does to look at Mattel and MH which has nothing to do with MLP in the least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 19, 2018, 08:00:56 AM »
Toy companies distribute to markets, not every single country on a continent. "European market" changes from company to company. Monster High products would often show up in Spain and England but not in Germany even though they were "European exclusive" that's why I joked about these two countries.

At least France has a similar price point to Germany, so I'll wait and see how expensive they're going to get...

I don't really understand what MH has to do with anything, as we're talking about Hasbro :P

Because I used it as an example to illustrate that "Europe" does not have to imply all European countries.
Also Germany did not get any of the previous Anniversaries including recent collector ponies, so as a German I can joke about it all I want just like you can write about the UK  :P

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 19, 2018, 08:20:33 AM »
I just got an email response back from Bridge Direct confirmating the Rainbow Ponies are European exclusives. They have no current plans to release them elsewhere but said maybe someday that would change. So let’s keep letting them know we all want all sets released wherever we live!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 19, 2018, 08:29:12 AM »

I don't really understand what MH has to do with anything, as we're talking about Hasbro :P

Because I used it as an example to illustrate that "Europe" does not have to imply all European countries.
Also Germany did not get any of the previous Anniversaries including recent collector ponies, so as a German I can joke about it all I want just like you can write about the UK  :P

Well, until Glitterball put me right, I didn't think the UK got them either. :/ So maybe Germany did, but not all of it...? I don't know if your distribution is as bad as ours (probably not xD). But if there's a hierarchy of countries hasbro likes best in Europe, Germany are definitely higher up the pecking order than the UK :P

What StrawberryScoops said above implies that maybe there'll not be any collector ponies in the UK or Europe either...but I guess we'll see. I was told they definitely WOULD come to the UK, but that could've been a mistake.

I am happy with the Rainbows, and I'd also be happy to trade Rainbows for US release ones if and when it becomes appropriate to do it that way. I don't mind shipping overseas, though I do think that everyone should make it clear we want all the G1 ponies O.O. ALL OF THEM. O.O. AND mystery pony ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:31:08 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 19, 2018, 08:41:40 AM »
I am absolutely looking for a Rainbow Pony trading partner in Europe. I am more than happy to chase down another full set of Collector Ponies for a trade.

Also, I saw that someone's working on a petition to get them to make the Celestial Ponies and there are no words to how awesome that would be.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 19, 2018, 08:48:49 AM »
Here's a bit of fun re: Mystery Pony

if (she) were to be released, what should (she) be called?

:rainbow: rainbow hair, white body, rainbow symbol with little clouds either end (shame she's not a unicorn, though!)
Hmmm... let's see....

Rainbow Cloud?
Nimbus?
Rainbow Dreamer?
Happy Hooves?

any other ideas?  :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 19, 2018, 08:50:09 AM »
How widespread is Target as a store, globally speaking?

In the UK Tesco and Argos usually pick up Target exclusive ponies, although sometimes they still have the Target logo on. It's interesting that TRU in Canada aren't going to stock these...

I'm trying to figure out some logic for when the rainbows get to the UK, and TRU would be the obvious place for me for them to appear...but it's really hard to call. It might end up being Tesco O.o.

Its one of those companies that were widespread back in the day, but is struggling a bit, with lots of stores that closed.

Ours closed years ago and the nearest one to us is in a different city.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 19, 2018, 08:52:36 AM »

:rainbow: rainbow hair, white body, rainbow symbol with little clouds either end (shame she's not a unicorn, though!)
Hmmm... let's see....

Rainbow Cloud?
Nimbus?
Rainbow Dreamer?
Happy Hooves?

any other ideas?  :P

First Born. After the ceramic that looks a bit like her. Because that's kind of what she often got called in the past, that's kind of what I think of her name being. It at least has pony provenance...

I've sent another message asking explicitly about releases of these ponies and explained the confusion/asked for clarification. I imagine they are swamped and may be getting mixed messages themselves.

If April is realistic as a date, then it might be these come out after the others stop being sold in the US. I guess we'll see how long the restock goes. If they come here I will buy some of the collector ones, but if they don't, I'd probably want to trade for Cotton Candy for my sister's CC army and maybe one of the others for my own collection - Minty or Snuzzle, probably. Minty because she's mysterious here, and Snuzzle because she pretty much seemed to come with everything she really didn't belong with.

I also asked for clarification if the parlour comes with a pony or not.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #549 on: January 19, 2018, 08:56:04 AM »
I just got an email response back from Bridge Direct confirmating the Rainbow Ponies are European exclusives. They have no current plans to release them elsewhere but said maybe someday that would change. So let’s keep letting them know we all want all sets released wherever we live!
Why the heck would the Rainbow Ponies be Euro-exclusives, but yet they also seemed to confirm that the collector ponies were also going to get a Euro release???

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 19, 2018, 08:59:24 AM »

First Born. After the ceramic that looks a bit like her. Because that's kind of what she often got called in the past, that's kind of what I think of her name being. It at least has pony provenance...

Thank you for that, Taffeta! I learn something new every day!  :lol:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 19, 2018, 09:13:47 AM »

To be honest, I'm not that upset by this. I mean, if both Europe and the States are not each getting the releases, then it's only fair that one gets one and one gets the other. And we can always trade with each other on the forum.

This reminds me of the blind bag thing, how the States got Wave One, but then Wave Two was in Europe only.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 19, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »
Why the heck would the Rainbow Ponies be Euro-exclusives, but yet they also seemed to confirm that the collector ponies were also going to get a Euro release???

That's why I have asked for clarification. It makes MOST sense for the US to get one set and Europe another set. And yeah, that's fair, six for six, we can trade, not a problem really. But I would like to know whether I'm going to need to trade here for Cotton Candy for Naynie or whether she'll be able to pick up her own one if she wants it from the store...

And we still have no clarification for Australia, NZ etc - so I have asked about that as well.

And I've asked about Peachy.

I suspect they hate me now :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:31:14 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 19, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
Well at least i'm going to be happy to live in France if we get both sets in Europe, but that's still bad if we get both and the US gets only one.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #554 on: January 19, 2018, 09:30:15 AM »
Rainbow Dream maybe?

I hope the Rainbow ponies come to the US, but if not I'll just buy a set and pay for the shipping.  It is what it is and I want them.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal