collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140611 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #510 on: January 18, 2018, 10:56:55 AM »
I was trying to be funny.  I wouldn't do anyone that way.

I didn't think you would;) I was just making the point generally ;)

Tulagirl's experiences kind of sum this up too. It's not always helpful to buy doubles of something you know other people want unless you have a specific person you're buying it for.

I imagine if for some reason ponies don't all get released everywhere there will also be a need for collectors to help each other out at cost, but it's the scalping on ebay I really can't stand :/ It makes me quite angry. It made me angry when Holly Dash was difficult to get in the US and UK sellers jacked up her ebay price when she was on DISCOUNT in some stores...and it makes me angry that now people think it's ok to put these up to $50 when they're $10 at retail. I am certain those people aren't here, because they're probably dealer folk not pony folk - but it's still disgusting.

Which is why I keep reemphasising that hopefully we'll all get everything, but as a community we need to be here to help each other out at cost where necessary to prevent scalpers from making a greedy profit on us. And if they don't succeed with scalping the first set, maybe they'll desist and then everyone will have a chance to find them in stores. I imagine some collectors will buy one set loose and one set MIB anyway.

Manufacturers probably don't care much about this so long as their items sell. But we need to be in control of how this is handled, by not letting the scalpers dictate the value of these ponies beyond retail cost. I mean, if they have a MOC Minty from G1 1982 on sale, then I guess negotiating top dollar would be understandable. But this is 2017 Minty and she's available in stores across America now...so why would anyone want to pay the cost of Minty and four of her friends just because someone else decided they control the market?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:59:17 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 18, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »
Its a cheap toy. If your gonna pay 22 for it, that sucker had Better Be Really Freaking Big!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 18, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »
Its a cheap toy. If your gonna pay 22 for it, that sucker had Better Be Really Freaking Big!

Dear Hasbro. Please commission a company to make SIX FOOT TALL G1 PONIES. Because LAW wants her money's worth ;)
xD

Honestly, the conversion doesn't sound too terrible when it's in £. It sounds worse in $, admitted, and it looks horrible in SEK because the kroner (sp?) is pretty small as a unit of currency (I remember it was something like 12 to the £ when I went to Malmo years back?) That always makes it seem more expensive.

But G1 ponies by the time they ended were £6.99 for an adult. That was 20+ years ago. £15ish - if that is the price - doesn't seem too unrealistic, not when FS ponies retail for £22. Of course, if it ends up £20...that's another matter -.-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:19:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #513 on: January 18, 2018, 11:18:40 AM »
Today I got a new answer from Basic Fun!

I asked about ponies being sold in South America:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 18, 2018, 11:21:29 AM »
So I sent a message to Basic Fun through a Facebook.  This is what I wrote.

Hi!  I just wanted to let you all know how excited I am to hear about your new line of retro My Little Pony.  I have already bought one and look forward to purchasing more.  I am sure you are inundated right now with suggestions for which ponies to produce.  I hope you will bare with me as I do the same 🙂

I'm a long time collector and I think the thing that would excite me the most is if you were to produce ponies that where never produced or which were released in limited numbers or only in certain countries.  There are several popular ponies which were UK/Europe exclusives.  Many UK collectors are hoping that US exclusive ponies will come their way also.

An example of a pony that was never made is this rainbow pony which appears briefly in the original My Little Pony special (also known as Rescue At Midnight Castle)

https://goo.gl/images/Pi6PRS

She never received a toy form and I know I would not be the only one excited to be able to own her.

Thank you for your time!

And this is their reply

Hey {my name}, thank you so much for reaching out! We love to hear how excited everyone is about our ponies! Your feedback is very helpful and will definitely be taken into consideration. Happy collecting! 🙂

It might just be a really nice brush off but still I find it encouraging.  And they replied within 24 hours.  So kudos for them for good customer service.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:25 AM »
I think everyone can agree that we'd ALL love to have that mystery pony as part of the anniversary. :D

(Thank you for mentioning about the UK too<3)

Also, I realised why Starshine looks odd. It isn't the symbol. It's the fact she's still white. I mean, we're all so used to looking at sort-of-beige-maybe-off-white-perhaps-she's-going-brown in the majority of cases...

And that one is REALLY white.

I just sent the link to my sister to inspect. Aside Sunlight's weird symbol, I like them more and more. I don't have space for all of them. But I might buy them all anyway. I am going to HAVE to get Sunlight if her symbol looks like that and it will be all LAW's fault  :| I was thinking I might get away with skipping Sunlight because she's the only one I actually have on her original UK card (and nothing trumps 1984 UK card for me) but...now...I just don't know O.O.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:27:28 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 18, 2018, 11:29:42 AM »
I think everyone can agree that we'd ALL love to have that mystery pony as part of the anniversary. :D

(Thank you for mentioning about the UK too<3)

Also, I realised why Starshine looks odd. It isn't the symbol. It's the fact she's still white. I mean, we're all so used to looking at sort-of-beige-maybe-off-white-perhaps-she's-going-brown in the majority of cases...

And that one is REALLY white.

I just sent the link to my sister to inspect. Aside Sunlight's weird symbol, I like them more and more. I don't have space for all of them. But I might buy them all anyway. I am going to HAVE to get Sunlight if her symbol looks like that and it will be all LAW's fault  :| I was thinking I might get away with skipping Sunlight because she's the only one I actually have on her original UK card (and nothing trumps 1984 UK card for me) but...now...I just don't know O.O.

Yes,  Starshine is the first one I would get because my childhood one is most definitely brown.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #517 on: January 18, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »

:lmao:

Funny because it's true!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 18, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »

Dear Hasbro. Please commission a company to make SIX FOOT TALL G1 PONIES. Because LAW wants her money's worth ;)
xD

Honestly, the conversion doesn't sound too terrible when it's in £. It sounds worse in $, admitted, and it looks horrible in SEK because the kroner (sp?) is pretty small as a unit of currency (I remember it was something like 12 to the £ when I went to Malmo years back?) That always makes it seem more expensive.

But G1 ponies by the time they ended were £6.99 for an adult. That was 20+ years ago. £15ish - if that is the price - doesn't seem too unrealistic, not when FS ponies retail for £22. Of course, if it ends up £20...that's another matter -.-

I can make my money back selling cheap rides to the neighborhood kiddies. Hee hee hee
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:52:35 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #519 on: January 18, 2018, 12:32:50 PM »
"Since I just recently got the full set of year 2 Rainbows I may skip on this round because textbooks..."
I was gonna say, until I noticed that they come with their stickers!!  :whoa: I love stickers!
But Starshine does look so odd being so pristine! I don't like how bright Skydancer's yellow is, either. I never cared for harsh, bright yellow. I'll take the thirty year old faded plastic any day.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 18, 2018, 01:28:32 PM »
Images from the Retro Rainbow Ponies!!

(pics go here)

And a link to the updated Basic Fun! MLP website: http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/

eeeeeeEEEEEEEE I'm so excited!! And the Pretty Parlour, omg.. I hope it does come with Peachy, and Twinkles!! It'd be cool to see a rereleased Twinkles, since a lot of them have kind of wonky faces :P

Sunset - good idea messaging them requesting Miss Mystery! I'll have to do that too :) I'd lose it if they made her.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 18, 2018, 01:50:07 PM »
Wow - I come back to this thread and see all the wonderful news about the rainbow ponies and parlour!
Brushes + stickers too - awesome!!

Hoping Dream Castle is one of the playsets that might be produced?
If Dream Castle is released, e.g. in time for Christmas, I would HAVE to buy it for my kid!!  :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 18, 2018, 01:58:27 PM »
Wow - I come back to this thread and see all the wonderful news about the rainbow ponies and parlour!
Brushes + stickers too - awesome!!

Hoping Dream Castle is one of the playsets that might be produced?
If Dream Castle is released, e.g. in time for Christmas, I would HAVE to buy it for my kid!!  :lol:

I’m also hoping for a Dream Castle playset.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #523 on: January 18, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
Here are some pictures of the Mystery Pony if anyone wants to send them to the company.  (Remember they will not know what "Rescue at Midnight Castle" even is, nor have a copy to watch.)

Her hair is pink, orange, yellow, green, and purple.  Her symbol is a rainbow with two puffy clouds at either end.

If anyone can get clearer screenshots, that would be even better.  The ones I got are just from Youtube videos.  :/  And it's really hard to see her symbol in them.  Is the "MLP & Friends" version of the episode any clearer?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 18, 2018, 02:37:39 PM »
I think I might be able to get some clearer shots. :) 

Edit: Here's what I got using the Shout Factory release

If anyone thinks they might be helpful, feel free to use them. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:55:28 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal