collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140621 times)

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #480 on: January 17, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »
Oh lord, I just saw the news about the Rainbow Ponies and Pretty Parlour. I am shrieking (in my head, neighbors and all) with glee. I also need to start saving up some money.

I don't need food, right?
who needs food when G1s are being released again?!
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Water Lily

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Hi Everypony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »
You can never go wrong with being kind. :good:

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 17, 2018, 06:30:53 PM »
what if they released the My Pretty Pony? I mean, that's really what started it it all....it seems only fitting for her to make a comeback in an anniversary. Maybe they're saving her for the 50th?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 17, 2018, 06:44:55 PM »
Wow, these look great.  I might pick up Starshine when the Rainbow Ponies come.

I'm hoping they release the first So Soft ponies, even if they don't have flocking.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 17, 2018, 07:12:56 PM »
I cant wait to see what the 3rd ones are going to be!

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 17, 2018, 07:21:16 PM »
Oh man, they’re rereleasing the Pretty Parlor playset, too!  I think I scared my cats with my squeal of delight.

If they ever rerelease that waterfall playset sometime, I’m telling you, this year will be my favorite year ever...

What's this about re-releasing the Pretty Parlour Playset? Where was this confirmed?

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #486 on: January 17, 2018, 07:25:57 PM »
Oh man, they’re rereleasing the Pretty Parlor playset, too!  I think I scared my cats with my squeal of delight.

If they ever rerelease that waterfall playset sometime, I’m telling you, this year will be my favorite year ever...

What's this about re-releasing the Pretty Parlour Playset? Where was this confirmed?

Here it is!

https://new.webhallen.com/se/product/281706-My-Little-Pony-Retro-Pretty-Parlor-Playset
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2018, 08:41:39 PM »
So excited about all of these! :hearts: Unfortunately, my local Target hasn't seemed to have heard of them *grumble* but I am heading to the city 45 minutes away this weekend, and hopefully find a couple!  :rainbow:
:happy: :awake: :enthralled: :accomplished: :good:

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 17, 2018, 10:33:03 PM »
Edit - hey, just noticed that message said 'in 1982'. So why are they in boxes with the wrong year on them? Gah. I was born in 1982 so it annoys me when they try to push MLP into 1983 instead ;)

I noticed the message said 1982 as well.  It really annoys me too that the boxes don't have my birth year on it.  :P  More MLPs may have been sold in '83, but if, say, you got married one year then said well because of work schedules or whatever we actually spent more time together the next year, you wouldn't change the date of your anniversary.  No, your anniversary is the date you got married, no matter what.  So MLP's anniversary is '82!  Anyway, I'm just rambling and nitpicking.  XD

As super duper exciting it is to hear about a 3 year plan with multiple release sets- the collector in me is already distressed about shelf space  :drunk: Not to mention my wallet... :money: :dizzy:
Lucky for me I already don't have enough space for my whole collection so I ironically don't worry about space anymore.  XD  The only thing I'm distressed about in  my wallet and the fact that buying a lot of reproductions will cut into the amount of money I can spend on original ponies.  Oh well, I must have all of these no question.  Who needs food and shelter?  I just need ponies.  :P  LOL!

Okay, I like most of these, but Starshine and especially Sunlight look strange.
Sunlight's symbol looks like the sun is throwing up...;)
Poor Sunlight!  Why did they screw with her symbol so much?  It really does look like the sun is throwing up.   :facepalm:  And Starshine's symbol looks neon and not even sparkly.  Other than that I think they look great though!

The burning question I have is:  Does the Pretty Parlor come with Peachy???  Does anybody know?  If it doesn't I will literally cry.  If it does and someone can comferm this I will squeal and jump around and make my BF laugh at me.  Then if it comes to the US I will camp outside Target.  If it doesn't I will pay anything to import it.

Peachy (and her parlor) was my first pony when I was four years old.  I'm slowly working on a Peachy and Snuzzle army.  I would love so much to have a repo Peachy and Pretty Parlor to add to the army!

But the thing that is worrying me is the "Available In Europe Only" thing on the website.  I know others are more optimistic, but as long as that's on the site I won't believe it.  :(

Everybody in the US!!  Email [email protected] and tell them how much you want the Rainbow Ponies and any subsequent ponies to be available in the US!  (or Facebook, any way to get in touch with them)  Don't just hope they will, we should make sure they will.  This goes for all other countries not in Europe too!  The more of us that contact them, the more demand they know there is for them, the better our chances are!

That goes for asking for specific ponies/sets/play sets we hope they'll make too.  I'm going to tell them I hope for Mountain Boys and NBBE versions of all BBE babies, and maybe TAF babies too.  (Oh and TAF babies that never existed would be cool too... but if I start down that road I'll get carried away.)  Mint So-Soft ponies would be great to have, I wonder if they'd do those... *proceeds to get carried away*

(Sorry for the really long post)
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 17, 2018, 11:04:38 PM »
What is up with retro Sunlight's symbol? The new rainbow set looks fine otherwise, but the sheer margin of error for that symbol (it doesn't fit her colour scheme as well anymore...) irritates me greatly.

However I AM SO GRATEFUL. Now once again we can walk into a Target and finally be met, not with an endless onslaught of Mane 6 (or even Core 7) but with a perpetually shifting variety of accurate retro G1s! I have to speculate how young girls must be reacting to these in comparison to the current (mutant duck-like) G4.5s.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:11:04 PM by Deep Purple Crystal »

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2018, 01:33:20 AM »

I'm super excited about the Pretty Parlor too! It was one of my first playsets along with the Show Stable and I'm so buying it!! And both unicorns. And maybe Parasol too. XD
The pretty parlor was my first mlp set ever too! Super excited 😆

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #491 on: January 18, 2018, 02:01:06 AM »

Here it is!

https://new.webhallen.com/se/product/281706-My-Little-Pony-Retro-Pretty-Parlor-Playset

Wait, so the only place the parlour is confirmed for at the moment is Sweden? That's about as weird as it can get (although on balance, thinking about it, Sweden did get our share of ponies like Glory and Powder. -.- eyes at Sweden suspiciously).

I genuinely think people shouldn't panic. Rainbow Ponies will come to the US, it doesn't make sense for them not. It's more important for people outside of US, Canada, Europe to contact them (esp. Australia, NZ, that part of the world) as we've not any info yet and your views might make a difference.

Also, lets remember that the US have retro ponies RIGHT NOW. Nowhere else does yet ;)

If they are going from the US playbook for these releases - and we don't know yet, but the name 'Pretty Parlor' certainly suggests it - chances are they don't know who the Mountain Boy Ponies even are. So you might want to provide them with images and information, not just set names.

I just want everyone in the UK to ask for year 2 and 3 unicorns and pegasus ponies so they know we didn't have them but we WANT them O.O.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:03:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 18, 2018, 06:00:43 AM »
Wait, so the only place the parlour is confirmed for at the moment is Sweden? That's about as weird as it can get (although on balance, thinking about it, Sweden did get our share of ponies like Glory and Powder. -.- eyes at Sweden suspiciously).

:biggrin:

But to be fair, we never got any Twinkle Eyes or Flutter Ponies, so they had to throw us a bone.  ;)

The burning question I have is:  Does the Pretty Parlor come with Peachy???  Does anybody know?  If it doesn't I will literally cry.  If it does and someone can comferm this I will squeal and jump around and make my BF laugh at me.  Then if it comes to the US I will camp outside Target.  If it doesn't I will pay anything to import it.

I haven't seen it specified anywhere. She is shown in the picture, but that's clearly a photo of the original parlor from the '80s. So there's no guarantee she'll come with it. Looking at the listed prices, the Pretty Parlor is $31, while the single Rainbow Ponies are $22 each. That seems a bit cheap for the parlor if it also comes with a pony. I hope there's a pony included, if not Peachy they could put another one in there. Perhaps one that would be very coveted by collectors, to motivate us to get the parlor.

Hoping the Sunlight in the picture is a prototype and that it will be fixed in time for release. I think it would be nice if they switched the colors of her symbol though, to have a golden sun with silver clouds instead of the reverse. I'm fairly certain that was an error on the original pony.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 18, 2018, 06:28:12 AM »
In regards to the Pretty Parlor, I think it's interesting to note that the retro Strawberry Shortcake came with a doll.  Or at least, I feel certain I saw one packaged with it when I saw it in store.  I think it would be odd to try to sell the Pretty Parlor without Peachy if she originally came with it.  Especially since they already have the mold and everything.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 18, 2018, 07:14:49 AM »

Here it is!

They're releasing Cotton Candy with Peachy's Parlor? Why?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal