collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140558 times)

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #465 on: January 17, 2018, 04:09:26 PM »
I got so excited at the mention of the parlor.  I hope I'll be able to get it!  I do really hope the rainbows come here... my Windy is white-ish with only the slightest hint of any purple undertones... I think she's beautiful, but that deeper purple Windy there is also really lovely and I hope to get her too. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #466 on: January 17, 2018, 04:15:03 PM »
This is true.  I am just kinda disgusted at the company producing them...they are charging $22 USD for Sweden to buy ONE pony.  Thats...ridiculous :(

Sounds more like the normal rationale for selling anything in Europe rather than the US. Everything in Europe ends up more expensive because of cost of living, and then bumped up again because why not?

Conversion to  £ suggests around £16. I had already figured we'd probably get jacked up to £15 albeit I guess the rainbow ponies have brush, comb, ribbon and sticker (lol). I can probably live with that. It's just what happens when stuff gets sold here. It's not a one off example. We always pay more for the same stuff, even if it's Mattel or some other company. It's just how things are.

Mind you, if the rainbows retail in the US for $15 then cost of living-wise that is basically the equivalent to £15 or probably the SEK price. And we don't have a European retail price for the original 6 yet, if they come here - but you'd expect them to be £10 because the US they retail at $10. That's normally how it works. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are more expensive overall.

Are these already out in Sweden then? O.O.

Yes, they are on pre-order here: https://new.webhallen.com/se/category/3720-My-Little-Pony?page=3 and they will receive them by April.

I did a conversion from SEK to Euro and it would be about 18€ for the ponies and 25€ for the playset. Normal prices for Europe like you say.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #467 on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:35 PM »
Wait, they are making Rainbow Ponies too?!? I thought they were just doing the original six. How exciting!

Yes, they will come to Europe first (april I think) and eventually they will get to the USA too. ^^

Any word yet on whether any of the 35th Anniversary ponies will ever make it to Australia? :(

I've emailed many stores and they all say 'no, but they'll pass the tip on to their buying team'.

Suggest you email the company or send them a facebook message. LM posted various contact details for them earlier in the thread. I had quite quick responses on facebook to my questions about the UK and Rainbow Ponies. It's worth asking.

It would be royally unfair and very weird if you guys didn't get them, but if they haven't thought about it, maybe if they get enquiries from your part of the world, they'll start thinking about it.

@LadyPinwheel, thanks for that, interesting. I will now be keeping tabs on some of the UK stores. But with the prices, while looking at Smyths' website, I noticed that the $9.99 new Equestria dolls (as priced in the US) are £13.99 here (so the cost of living conversion plus £4 just for being in Europe). That makes the Swedish pricing in line with the usual. I think I can work with £15ish though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:20:58 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #468 on: January 17, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »
Wait, they are making Rainbow Ponies too?!? I thought they were just doing the original six. How exciting!

Yes, they will come to Europe first (april I think) and eventually they will get to the USA too. ^^

Any word yet on whether any of the 35th Anniversary ponies will ever make it to Australia? :(

I've emailed many stores and they all say 'no, but they'll pass the tip on to their buying team'.

Try contacting through Basic Fun Toys on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/basicfuntoys/
They already have MLP stuff on the site and they seem to be the part of the company taking care of the MLP line. And they have a contact formulary on their site too, but FB seems faster. http://www.basicfun.com/Contact

I posted earlier on their facebook page and the got back to me within minutes.
http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #469 on: January 17, 2018, 04:24:36 PM »
Well I finally had a chance to sneak over to Target... however I didn't see the 35th ponies there :(
Our Target has a small display on the back of one of the toy aisles that is for retro stuff and I did see Strawberry Shortcake dolls there but no MLP
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #470 on: January 17, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
OMG they're making the Rainbow Ponies. Moonstone was the 3rd G1 I got when I was a kid (still have her).

*Looks towards pocket*
Start crying wallet!

Come on let's see Glory and them now!

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 17, 2018, 04:36:07 PM »
OMG they're making the Rainbow Ponies. Moonstone was the 3rd G1 I got when I was a kid (still have her).

*Looks towards pocket*
Start crying wallet!

Yep. I mean, the UK has only been waiting THIRTY FOUR YEARS for that set to get here :P Not that I'm bitter. But, well, I;m bitter.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2018, 04:43:31 PM »

*Looks towards pocket*
Start crying wallet!

Yep. I mean, the UK has only been waiting THIRTY FOUR YEARS for that set to get here :P Not that I'm bitter. But, well, I;m bitter.

Bet your thrilled too.  ^.^
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 17, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »

*Looks towards pocket*
Start crying wallet!

I meant with Glory and co, if they came out ;) We had y2 Rainbows. Lots of them. According to my Mum, they were all hung up on a pillar (they have vertical cards here) and they looked so pretty she stopped and had to buy one. THe fact she remembers that after 34 years is testament to the fact Rainbow Ponies are awesome. <3
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline eiskrempony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2018, 04:46:30 PM »
Did someone know if Germany will get them???

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
Well I finally had a chance to sneak over to Target... however I didn't see the 35th ponies there :(
Our Target has a small display on the back of one of the toy aisles that is for retro stuff and I did see Strawberry Shortcake dolls there but no MLP
If you saw the spot for retro stuff it's likely that they have them in the back, especially if you see a spot labelled "MLP Animal". Ask someone at the desk if they're in stock and they should be able to get them for you if they are!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2018, 05:17:27 PM »

*Looks towards pocket*
Start crying wallet!

I meant with Glory and co, if they came out ;) We had y2 Rainbows. Lots of them. According to my Mum, they were all hung up on a pillar (they have vertical cards here) and they looked so pretty she stopped and had to buy one. THe fact she remembers that after 34 years is testament to the fact Rainbow Ponies are awesome. <3

Aww. What a great memory. :good:

It'd be fantastic if we all got the Unicorns too. I still need Moondancer and Powder. Its kinduva pain trying to find Moonie with an intact symbol.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 17, 2018, 05:22:25 PM »
Oh lord, I just saw the news about the Rainbow Ponies and Pretty Parlour. I am shrieking (in my head, neighbors and all) with glee. I also need to start saving up some money.

I don't need food, right?

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2018, 05:36:03 PM »
I don’t like that the website from Basic Fun Toys, which I think has merged with Bridge Direct, says on their website that the Rainbow ponies are Europe only. I would really like to get them. I think I want the stickers/accessories even more than the ponies though...

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2018, 06:02:30 PM »
I don’t like that the website from Basic Fun Toys, which I think has merged with Bridge Direct, says on their website that the Rainbow ponies are Europe only.

Ugh, seriously???  Not cool, Basic Fun.  Not cool! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal