collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140467 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2018, 12:40:12 PM »
I thanked them for releasing these and requested the Mountain Boys to be released in the US because I have always wanted them and they are always way too expensive! If anyone else would like to see the mountain boys let them know! 💙

*nudges LAW* See? Predictable ;)

But I think it would be so nice if they did that. Release something European in the US and something US in Europe. Just in the interests of international pony good will.

Although I would like to have these as well in the UK. They were a big part of my childhood.

Let's hope that, ultimately, everything they release is available everywhere. And maybe it covers some less expected aspects like this.

BUT...

I worry a bit about having too much hope invested in this whole project before we know how much they are planning to do. I also think that probably it will only feature ponies known to the US and probably only ponies under the US names as we already have incidents of 'Princess Sparkle' here on merchandise instead of Amethyst (If that name is on it, I won't buy it >.> sorry Hasbro) and as yet absolutely no piece of merchandise relating to G1 has featured a pony not sold in the US, even if the key market for that merchandise is Europe.

Firefly on the other hand...she's on my pink socks. ;)

So I think that they're working from the US model. Which in one sense gives more hope to people here to get ponies like Firefly and Glory (given the mini ones with the book etc already existing) and then again also takes away the hope of getting some ponies that were a big part of our childhood memories (and maybe preventing people in the US getting those).

You won't hear me argue with ya on that.   :biggrin:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2018, 01:47:06 PM »
The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun have updated their website. :)  Currently it's listing Rainbow ponies as "Europe only", which makes me wonder if they are waiting to see how well Collector ponies sell in the US, or . . . ??  I dunno, the rep I talked to on Facebook said it was "very likely" the US would get Rainbow ponies.

http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/

Also, they listed an email address.  I am definitely going to email them and request Rainbow ponies for the US, lol.  Just to be safe. ;)

Email address is: [email protected]
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #437 on: January 17, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »
Two interesting things...it says US only, Canada only for certain stores on the Collector Pony pages but I had it confirmed earlier that they're going to be in the UK. SO I would think this is the 'for now' situation.

Also, first official confirmation for Canada?

They also have Moonstone's name as Cotton Candy ;) whoops...clearly template violation.

I can't imagine the US NOT getting Rainbow Ponies ultimately. If they said it's likely, I imagine it rests on sales of the others. But I guess we'll see.

Rainbow Ponies - a comb, a brush, a ribbon...and a sweet SCENT? SCENTED Rainbows? Oh my Dad is going to freak. He hates my scented ponies ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:54:32 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 17, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »
The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun have updated their website. :)  Currently it's listing Rainbow ponies as "Europe only", which makes me wonder if they are waiting to see how well Collector ponies sell in the US, or . . . ??  I dunno, the rep I talked to on Facebook said it was "very likely" the US would get Rainbow ponies.

Also, they listed an email address.  I am definitely going to email them and request Rainbow ponies for the US, lol.  Just to be safe. ;)

request the first 6 for the uk /europe too while your at it :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 17, 2018, 02:00:48 PM »

I mean, other people are free to email them too.  The email address is right there, LOL.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 17, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »

They did tell me earlier that they will definitely be coming to the UK. But I am always tempted to hesitate on believing that in case a rep got the sets confused as both these sets are from the previous anniversary releases.

Suggest you send them an email and ask them ;) I mean, they've answered my messages on facebook and LadyPinwheel's as well so why not yours? The more people who ask the better for us over here ;) Shows interest...?

Also whether these sets are one-off here or whether there may be more in the future (as implied by the comments to US people).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 17, 2018, 02:10:44 PM »
will do ! taf :D i will get charmer to ask to :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2018, 02:11:39 PM »
I agree, the more people email them showing interest, the better.

The nice thing about having their email address is that we can now easily send them My Little Wiki links to ponies / sets we're interested in.  Which will lessen the odds of confusion between ponies who share names, or who have different names in different countries.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
will do ! taf :D i will get charmer to ask to :)

\Also ask them about ponies like Firefly, Glory etc - because we didn't have them here from new and if they are based on what we had in the UK, if they did a set like that we might miss out on them. I already mentioned these ponies to them, if lots of UK people mention them maybe they'll think about it if Glory and Firefly etc come up as options.
I mean, we should have had them then, so it would be criminal not to have them if they were going to come back.

@LM - and links to the UK comic scans if need be to prove how huge a part of our childhoods those ponies that never got here really were. For me they are the nostalgic ponies of my childhood, ironically, more than some of the ones we did have o.O. And certainly more than the original 6. Cotton Candy and Blossom I guess excepted given their rerelease.

Wanting a Cherries Jubilee though. I have an army of those. I need more.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #444 on: January 17, 2018, 02:17:34 PM »
Images from the Retro Rainbow Ponies!!

And a link to the updated Basic Fun! MLP website: http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 17, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »
Okay, I like most of these, but Starshine and especially Sunlight look strange.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 17, 2018, 02:43:29 PM »
Okay, I like most of these, but Starshine and especially Sunlight look strange.

Sunlight's symbol looks like the sun is throwing up...;)
I like these more than the original retro remakes from 10 years ago though. And Windy looks pretty, if more purple than mine has *ever* been in her (long-suffering) life with me.

The brush, comb, ribbon, sticker is also nice <3. I still have my Windy's brush and it's nice to know they've nailed that detail. Though you have to wonder how much they browsed online and looked at stuff (maybe the Wiki?) to check those details or how much came from Hasbro's own archives?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 17, 2018, 02:47:34 PM »
Sunlight and Starlight look radioactive. :P  The others look great. I'm most excited about Parasol and Skydancer because I had them as a kid.

Love that they come with stickers and the rainbow brush.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #448 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:08 PM »
Wait, they are making Rainbow Ponies too?!? I thought they were just doing the original six. How exciting!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 17, 2018, 02:49:41 PM »
Oh man, they’re rereleasing the Pretty Parlor playset, too!  I think I scared my cats with my squeal of delight.

If they ever rerelease that waterfall playset sometime, I’m telling you, this year will be my favorite year ever...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal