collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140830 times)

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2018, 05:40:54 AM »
As super duper exciting it is to hear about a 3 year plan with multiple release sets- the collector in me is already distressed about shelf space  :drunk: Not to mention my wallet... :money: :dizzy:
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2018, 07:22:29 AM »
As super duper exciting it is to hear about a 3 year plan with multiple release sets- the collector in me is already distressed about shelf space  :drunk: Not to mention my wallet... :money: :dizzy:

Haha, same here! I really want to get everything they end up releasing, but I'll have to do a lot of reorganizing to fit everything! I had kept the boxes for all the 35th anniversary Collector's Ponies and put them in the back of my G1 section, and that's resulted in the G1 section overflowing! I really need to reorganize!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #422 on: January 16, 2018, 07:33:41 AM »
I already am in minus space. I can see this will be problematic ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 16, 2018, 01:14:20 PM »
That's fantastic news! Wonder if further info will drop at this years Hascon. *crosses fingers* Would love to see what the next ponies look like plus the artwork.  :frolic: :whoa: :whoa:

Hascon is skipping this year-- it will be back in 2019 :)

But the New York Toy Fair is just around the corner.  Surely we will hear something from that.  Usually that's when companies have their whole year's lineup on display.

Hasbro is not making the retro pony toys though- look for Bridge Direct at ToyFair

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2018, 02:08:50 PM »

Don't ya hate when that happens?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 16, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »
That's fantastic news! Wonder if further info will drop at this years Hascon. *crosses fingers* Would love to see what the next ponies look like plus the artwork.  :frolic: :whoa: :whoa:

But the New York Toy Fair is just around the corner.  Surely we will hear something from that.  Usually that's when companies have their whole year's lineup on display.

Hasbro is not making the retro pony toys though- look for Bridge Direct at ToyFair

Im sure someone will get some pics or video from their booth as well.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 16, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »

Im sure someone will get some pics or video from their booth as well.

Yes, I was speaking of the Bridge Direct displaying their stuff.  Though I seem to remember that Hasbro did have a lot of licensed stuff displayed in the background last year, including retro things.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 16, 2018, 08:27:53 PM »
I already am in minus space. I can see this will be problematic ><

Problematic isn’t even the word for me. I have 99% of my collection boxed, due to serious lack of space. Oh where will I put them *_*

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 16, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »

Thanks for saying that because my brain brain defaulted to Hasbro.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »
UK people...from The Bridge Direct...

"The collector ponies will definitely be available in the UK, so make sure to keep an eye on our social feeds and contact your local toy stores to find out what they have in stock"

I wasn't sure if they meant the original six or the collectable ponies in general and so I asked them if they meant the set with Minty and Cotton Candy. They said yes...

I am a bit confused about the other thing they said, in their confirmation:

"They are the original retro ones being re-released for the 35th anniversary."

We never had a 25th anniversary release so...yeah. Not totally sure what to read into that - whether both sets are intended for this anniversary, whether there is anything beyond that in the UK (but they did say it would be launched with the Rainbow Ponies...wording was launching g1 retro in the UK with the Rainbow Ponies.

I haven't had any confirmation of long term stuff in the UK but I think they now think I;m a weird stalker so maybe someone else ask them that question :P.

In any case, doesn't look like any need to try and import the collector ponies from the US. Though no timescale. Maybe after the Rainbow Ponies, if they're launching with those here? Or maybe these are two separate things? I feel like I need to go examine wording again, carefully...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2018, 10:19:37 AM »
I visited my local TRU (UK) and asked them about the anniversary ponies today - they hadn't a clue - so I filled them in  ;)

We never had a 25th anniversary release so...yeah.

Taffeta - we have!  :lol:  I deffo saw them for sale in TRU UK (collector pose version, box of 3) - I can pinpoint it as I bought a Barbie Mini Kingdom 6-inch doll set in a clam-shell style case that very same day - was going through a "Pippa doll" nostalgia phase and they won-out over the pony set! I remember it well as I had low funds and had to decide which one to buy!  :lol: Maybe they were very limited and not found in all stores at the time?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2018, 12:15:09 PM »
I visited my local TRU (UK) and asked them about the anniversary ponies today - they hadn't a clue - so I filled them in  ;)

We never had a 25th anniversary release so...yeah.

Taffeta - we have!  :lol:  I deffo saw them for sale in TRU UK (collector pose version, box of 3) - I can pinpoint it as I bought a Barbie Mini Kingdom 6-inch doll set in a clam-shell style case that very same day - was going through a "Pippa doll" nostalgia phase and they won-out over the pony set! I remember it well as I had low funds and had to decide which one to buy!  :lol: Maybe they were very limited and not found in all stores at the time?

Really?! It must have been very limited then O.O. I never saw them. BUT I didn't have access to a TRU till I moved down here, and so maybe it was just TRU. I stand corrected. Thank you ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2018, 12:31:16 PM »
I thanked them for releasing these and requested the Mountain Boys to be released in the US because I have always wanted them and they are always way too expensive! If anyone else would like to see the mountain boys let them know! 💙

For Sale Wants

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2018, 12:36:47 PM »
I thanked them for releasing these and requested the Mountain Boys to be released in the US because I have always wanted them and they are always way too expensive! If anyone else would like to see the mountain boys let them know! 💙

*nudges LAW* See? Predictable ;)

But I think it would be so nice if they did that. Release something European in the US and something US in Europe. Just in the interests of international pony good will.

Although I would like to have these as well in the UK. They were a big part of my childhood.

Let's hope that, ultimately, everything they release is available everywhere. And maybe it covers some less expected aspects like this.

BUT...

I worry a bit about having too much hope invested in this whole project before we know how much they are planning to do. I also think that probably it will only feature ponies known to the US and probably only ponies under the US names as we already have incidents of 'Princess Sparkle' here on merchandise instead of Amethyst (If that name is on it, I won't buy it >.> sorry Hasbro) and as yet absolutely no piece of merchandise relating to G1 has featured a pony not sold in the US, even if the key market for that merchandise is Europe.

Firefly on the other hand...she's on my pink socks. ;)

So I think that they're working from the US model. Which in one sense gives more hope to people here to get ponies like Firefly and Glory (given the mini ones with the book etc already existing) and then again also takes away the hope of getting some ponies that were a big part of our childhood memories (and maybe preventing people in the US getting those).

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:39:19 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »

Excellent idea!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal