collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140476 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »
No sign of these at the Target I checked or the retro Care Bears. I'm not sure if I missed them or if they haven't put them out on the shelves yet.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 13, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »
I went to photograph mine with their 25th anniversary counterparts, and I could only find my rainbow ponies.  Either they are in a box somewhere (as most of my collection is hidden) or i have a vague recollection that I skipped the 25th anniversary collectors ponies because they were so ugly.  Of well, win win i guess.  These are better looking and maybe I didn't waste the money on them 10 years ago.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #347 on: January 13, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »
My Target has a space for them on an end cap, by the retro Care Bears and SSC.  No ponies there at the moment though, I think someone got there ahead of me.  That's okay, as my birthday is in March and I'm secretly hoping I'll get a few for my birthday, lol.  Then afterwards I can pick up whichever ones I still need. :)

BTW, I noticed a funny error on the retro Share Bear backcard.  Even though her tummy symbol is a milkshake with two straws, the back of her box still describes it as being two lollipops like 'modern' Share Bear.  WHOOPS! :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #348 on: January 13, 2018, 03:23:28 PM »
Checked one of my targets, no luck. I found the retro toy end cap and saw the price tag for the ponies so I know they'll be there sooner or later. I don't like to bother the workers about going to find them. I just want Snuzzle anyway.

I wanted to grab the retro share bear but decided to pass for now.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2018, 04:58:55 PM »
A Spanish MLP collector just posted this screenshot on Facebook and gave me permission to share it! :D

http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/169674364588

(Feel free to embed the image in the thread, I just can't because I'm on a Chromebook without a mouse or right-click option right now, ha ha.  So I can't get to the image's URL.)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »
I'm in the cool kids club now! I just picked up all six of them tonight.
They weren't out yet, but I saw the tag on an endcap. To anyone still looking, if there's a MLP display that is seperate from the normal pony shelves that wraps around another aisle: check there.
Luckily with the football game going on it was not busy at all so I just passed the DCPI off to a service desk worker and she came back with the full box!
A Spanish MLP collector just posted this screenshot on Facebook and gave me permission to share it! :D

Oh, I hope they come to the U.S.!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #351 on: January 13, 2018, 05:33:47 PM »
I few days ago I contacted The Bridge Below and they said someone would  get back to me soon with more information about the distribution in Europe. Today I finally got confirmation that the repro ponies will be sold in Europe, in this case the rainbow ponies. This is great news, because here we never got the 25th anniversary ponies and this time we've been remembered ^^

I asked if they could give me more information on who will be distributing here, if they will be exclusive or if they can confirm the Pretty Parlour set release. Let's hope they answer back again ^^

ETA: I don't know if it's because of my iPad, but it doesn't seem to show the image i try to share. But I see someone has already done so, so that's fine ^^

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:22:22 AM by LadyPinwheel »

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 13, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Just picked up Blue Belle, after a mishap with the Target employees about the 20% MLP discount and confusion on their part as to what excludes bedding/accessories. I am now quite satisfied with 3/6 of the ponies. Blue can now keep Minty and Cotton company.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2018, 07:05:19 PM »
Checked five Targets today, no sign of them.  I did, however, see the retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls and Care Bears.  Would the ponies have been put out at the same time, in which case then I know I missed them, or is it possible the ponies may get put out at a later date.  The reason I ask is I have no local Target (there's no Target, Toys R Us, or even Starbucks in my county).  As it stands I needed to travel today, so I took one route there (hitting three Targets on the way) and another way home (stopping at another two on the way home).  But this isn't a trip I want to make with any frequency, especially to come up empty.

I did, however, finally break down and buy G4.5 merchandise (so at least my pony hunt wasn't completely futile).  Songbird Serenade is just too cute to refuse, especially at 20% off.  Even if she does come bundled with yet another Twilight Sparkle (really, really don't like the new TS mold).  Songbird, on the other hoof, looks close enough to the regular G4s that I'm perfectly fine with adding her to my herd.

My other question is regarding the Care Bears - does anyone know how many different bears are going to be issued?  I only saw Cheer and Share, and I was tempted to grab them... but I don't want to end up with a 'complete set' that's a grand total of two bears.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 13, 2018, 07:17:06 PM »
Is it just me or is it sounding like Europe will only be getting the Rainbow Ponies and the US will only be getting the first 6 Ponies?   :huh:  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that those in Europe won't be left out!  But this will make it maddening for anyone who, like me, wants the complete sets.  I really hope I turn out to be wrong about this!

And what's this rumor about the Pretty Parlor??  Is there any chance that it's true?  Surely not... it's way too good to be true.... since Peachy and The Pretty Parlor was the very first pony thing I ever got, I would just die to be able to re-live that moment!  But surely a playset is way too much to reproduce just for the collector and nostalgia market....?
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 13, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
I think the US will get the Rainbow ponies.  The Facebook chat, that was a European collector who was messaging The Bridge Direct asking if Europe would get retro ponies.  So when The Bridge Direct said "Europe will get Rainbow ponies", I don't think that implies "the US will not get Rainbow ponies", if that makes sense.

I sent my own Facebook message to TBD asking if Europe will get Collector ponies / will the US get Rainbow ponies . . . I'll let you guys know if / when they answer. :)  It may be that Europe will get Rainbow ponies first and the Collector ponies second?  Like the UK getting the Wave 2 G4 Baby Sea ponies first and the Wave 1 G4 Baby Sea ponies second . . . ;)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 13, 2018, 10:34:14 PM »
Yaah for more retro ponies! I wonder which set of Rainbow's they'll be. Hopefully I can go to Target next weekend and I'll report back.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2018, 12:04:07 AM »

http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/169674364588

(Feel free to embed the image in the thread, I just can't because I'm on a Chromebook without a mouse or right-click option right now, ha ha.  So I can't get to the image's URL.)
. This is wonderful news! :yay:

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2018, 01:26:59 AM »
... It may be that Europe will get Rainbow ponies first and the Collector ponies second?  Like the UK getting the Wave 2 G4 Baby Sea ponies first and the Wave 1 G4 Baby Sea ponies second . . . ;)

My thoughts exactly!  :lol:
I think that this may happen.  :coffee:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2018, 02:16:34 AM »
... It may be that Europe will get Rainbow ponies first and the Collector ponies second?  Like the UK getting the Wave 2 G4 Baby Sea ponies first and the Wave 1 G4 Baby Sea ponies second . . . ;)

My thoughts exactly!  :lol:
I think that this may happen.  :coffee:

I would not be surprised about this, largely because the US has an organised system of chronological release and the rest of the world makes it up. Although I am fine with the Rainbow Ponies and if that is all we get then that is all we get. It's better than not getting anything, like ten years ago. I would think it more likely that what will happen is the US gets everything and Europe gets a token set, because Hasbro likes to forget the rest of the world exists :/

I wrote to Hasbro in the UK the other day and I am hoping they will offer some kind of firm information about dates and releases. We don't have any confirmation for the UK yet, and yes, UK is technically Europe, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything where ponies are concerned. Sometimes it works in our favour and sometimes not.

Are the collector ponies confirmed as Target exclusives by the way? Or is it just that that's where they're showing up? I didn't notice the logo on the boxes.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal