collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140866 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2018, 02:04:47 AM »
The utterly agonising irony if Hasbro released commemorative versions of Firefly and Glory and yet never sold them in the UK.

Again.

People should absolutely not be paying scalpers for these ponies. Not to import them, not to get them quickly, not at all. All that will do is set the market in stone and encourage more scalpers. So let people sell them on ebay for silly money. Just don't buy them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2018, 03:36:13 AM »
The utterly agonising irony if Hasbro released commemorative versions of Firefly and Glory and yet never sold them in the UK.

Again.

People should absolutely not be paying scalpers for these ponies. Not to import them, not to get them quickly, not at all. All that will do is set the market in stone and encourage more scalpers. So let people sell them on ebay for silly money. Just don't buy them.
Exactly my point. Seeing 35th anniversary pomies being sold on eBay for 49,99$ when they cost 10$ is too much for me to bare. I am not a desperate collector. Since they told us we would have them in Europe, then we will wait. Besides the US is not the only pony market in the world... at least l hope so.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2018, 05:53:34 AM »
Instead of a complete different set, I'd like for them to release a set of iconic ponies from a bunch of different sets. So like one Twinkle Eye (either Fizzy or Mimic), and one So Soft (either North Star or Lofty) and one Sparkle (Sky Rocket?) and one Perfume Puff (Red Roses), and so on.

That is a really great idea, I'd love that!  It would be really great to have something from all the best sets!  And don't forget baby ponies too!  :)

I did think the other day it would be nice if Hasbro did a set with original Applejack, Bright Bramley, G3 Applejack and G4 applejack. I know BB isn't really an Applejack, but she has to be kin...and G3 Applejack stands out. But that really would mark out 35 years. The first ponies (aside from being 1982) only mark out, well, 1982...and I guess the reissued mail orders or whatever the UK did with them.

I think they'd do better with iconic ponies, but I don't understand really why 35th anniversary of MLP has to limit itself to G1. I am pretty sure 25th Anniversary did something with G3 at the time...but we've never had a truly allencompassing set.

Or maybe the Mane 6 as G1 style or G3 style and their alleged base ponies in G4 style and them something with G2 style... I dunno. Just something to mark out the whole span of pony, rather than just what happened at the beginning.

Those are great ideas too!  I'd love a set with a pony from each generation, either matching names like Applejack or similar color schemes.

I'd be thrilled for any more anniversary stuff.  If anyone is serious about trying to organize us to try to get something specific, count me in!

And..... I finally have these now!  My mom surprised me with them.  She had to go to two different Targets to get the complete set, and they were quite a drive, so I'm very thankful.  ^_^  I'm still mystified as to why the one store wouldn't sell them at first, why would they not sell them until today when the street date was last week???  But mom called back and the second time had no trouble buying them, how strange.   :blink:

I do love the quality of them and the box artwork is beautiful!  So far I've only taken Snuzzle out of the box and I do wish her hair was a little softer but still she's great.   :biggrin:
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2018, 05:56:56 AM »

But if they do, it won't be rerelease for the UK, it will be the first time those ponies are released there. Better late than never!  :lol:

If the first Rainbow set is the next to be reproduced, I guess that feels a little bit boring, but if they look nice I will definitely be happy! And with those three molds they can easily make most of the other ponies from year 2. The shy pose in particular was used for a lot of noteworthy ponies during G1.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2018, 08:49:10 AM »
After 3 different Target runs I finally found my set today! They were on an endcap near the other MLP, so if you don't see them right away, be sure to check the whole toy section, they might be hiding! I told myself I wouldn'y buy the whole set, but then i just couldn't bear to split them up, I have no self control! :P I think someone asked for comparison pics of them with the 2008 re release, and I don't think I saw any pics like that? Hope these will help someone out a little! Minty was the easiest to get to on my shelf, and my fav so she's my model ;)

[snip]

Overall these guys are MUCH better in quality than the old re release. The plastic is a little squishier (not as much as the originals though!) and they're still pretty bright, but not as bad as the 2008 releases. They also stand by themselves!

Awesome photos Minty_Magic, exactly what I was hoping someone would post :) aaaaaaa now I REALLY want one of these..  :drunk:

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »

But if they do, it won't be rerelease for the UK, it will be the first time those ponies are released there. Better late than never!  :lol:

If the first Rainbow set is the next to be reproduced, I guess that feels a little bit boring, but if they look nice I will definitely be happy! And with those three molds they can easily make most of the other ponies from year 2. The shy pose in particular was used for a lot of noteworthy ponies during G1.
I just read on our spanish group that a swedish store has confirmed the first rainbow pony set to be delivered in their shop somewhere around February and they confirmed France too to have rainbow ponies as a 35th anniversary. So we can relax and wait here in Europe.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »

I just read on our spanish group that a swedish store has confirmed the first rainbow pony set to be delivered in their shop somewhere around February and they confirmed France too to have rainbow ponies as a 35th anniversary. So we can relax and wait here in Europe.

I just saw something about that posted on MLP Collectors group.  Looks like there may be the possibility that they will release the Pretty Parlour.  But it looks like they are using pics of vintage items so it's hard to say for certain.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:49 AM »

AWESOME!!

And wow, I hope they do release a set with Firefly, Glory, etc in the UK / Europe.  I imagine they would sell crazy-well in the countries where they were prominent in the comics, yet not sold in toy form.  Like, most people are not pony collectors and probably have no idea that they even existed anywhere.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline TattooedMLP_Rat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »
I work at Target and I can say we are behind with setting things.  Our toys is slowly being worked on now.  I had to go in the backroom and get two of the ponies yesterday.  No one has obviously asked yet because they were still back there located.  They should be on an endocarp with old retro toys.  The DPCI is 086-00-2831.  Our store only received one box and that looks like the common thing in my area, the street date was the 7th on the box.  I only grabbed the two I really wanted, hopefully the other 4 end up in a collectors hands and not on ebay!

I think they look way better then the 25th anniversary ones, but I would have also enjoyed twinkle eyed or flocked remakes better as someone mentioned earlier!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2018, 10:44:32 AM »

AWESOME!!

And wow, I hope they do release a set with Firefly, Glory, etc in the UK / Europe.  I imagine they would sell crazy-well in the countries where they were prominent in the comics, yet not sold in toy form.  Like, most people are not pony collectors and probably have no idea that they even existed anywhere.

That would possibly be an even bigger irony. European news comforts me given that Hasbro is a more European concept at present, but in the past Europe got a whole lot of things the UK didn't get...so until someone confirms for the UK...

Another irony. If the UK were to get these in February, and it was to be set 1 of the Rainbows, Windy was my first pony and my birthday is February, so I could legitimately ask for Windy for my birthday ;)

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:48:19 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2018, 11:24:10 AM »

That's wonderful news Khayman!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
Is each store only getting in one set at a time? Because that would making finding these a pain in the butt.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »
Think we'll get the rainbows too? It'd be marvelous!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2018, 09:48:05 PM »
Adding to what Sunset said so much better than me, we're also talking about long dead generations which, though successful in their day, and nostalgic, and fond favourites for us, aren't in Hasbro's scheme of production.

The Takara ponies were not especially successful, are not (as I think LM said) really nostalgic in the MLP sense, and while popular with a niche set of collectors, aren't really fond favourites. I think that so long as we don't see hide or hair of ponies like Gusty in these kind of releases, there's no chance of anything more diverse.

Takara ponies are also designed and made to be sold to a Japanese market. The expense of trying to work that out to do a global release on a questionable brand isn't going to appeal to Hasbro's pockets.

I did think the other day it would be nice if Hasbro did a set with original Applejack, Bright Bramley, G3 Applejack and G4 applejack. I know BB isn't really an Applejack, but she has to be kin...and G3 Applejack stands out. But that really would mark out 35 years. The first ponies (aside from being 1982) only mark out, well, 1982...and I guess the reissued mail orders or whatever the UK did with them.

I think they'd do better with iconic ponies, but I don't understand really why 35th anniversary of MLP has to limit itself to G1. I am pretty sure 25th Anniversary did something with G3 at the time...but we've never had a truly allencompassing set.

Or maybe the Mane 6 as G1 style or G3 style and their alleged base ponies in G4 style and them something with G2 style... I dunno. Just something to mark out the whole span of pony, rather than just what happened at the beginning.

Unfortunately since these are licenced to a different company I doubt they could include G4. Which is a shame because they did "Then and Now" sets for SSC since they also had the modern SSC licence. And I doubt they would have done any in between gens because G2 was considered a failure in the US and G3 is too recent for the "Nostalgia market". Tbh if they bring back a 90s toy they should bring back the original LPS.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 13, 2018, 01:24:44 AM »

Unfortunately since these are licenced to a different company I doubt they could include G4. Which is a shame because they did "Then and Now" sets for SSC since they also had the modern SSC licence. And I doubt they would have done any in between gens because G2 was considered a failure in the US and G3 is too recent for the "Nostalgia market". Tbh if they bring back a 90s toy they should bring back the original LPS.

The being licenced to another company is not really important given that the company producing G4 is Hasbro itself. I mean, if Hasbro had licenced G1 to one company and G4 to another, then that'd be an issue, but Hasbro is in control of G4 and so if they wanted, could arrange for a set to happen. More complicated, yes, but not impossible.

Unfortunately you're probably right about G2, if the whole process has to be decided by the US market, which at the present is probably the case. Just we don't know yet if what is happening in the US and the Rainbow ponies people are talking about for Europe are just parts of the same thing and produced by the same company or if they aren't. If Europe is doing its own thing, then what happened with G2 in the US is also not that important to whether such a set could happen. I think the most tenuous element is actually that Bright Bramley isn't Applejack, even if she looks similar. Everything else could be worked around if Hasbro wanted to, but the fact she's not an Applejack means that even if they did some searching to try to find stuff, she's unlikely to automatically pop up.

At the very least having a set of G1 ponies in G4 style and a set of the mane 6 in G1 style is not beyond the realms of possibility, since Hasbro can produce one direct and license the other out. I just think that there are 2 other generations inbetween and they should be recognised as well :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal