collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140920 times)

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »
[quote author=gullideth link=topic=389665.msg1688933#msg1688933 date=151536616
Is there any way to bombard Bridge Direct with emails requesting certain ponies be made....for instance, I would love a repro Rapunzel!
gimme all the Takara ponies. They're long overdue for being released in the U.S. If Hasbro won't make them, I can always hope for Bridge Direct to.
[/quote] Yes,yes Takara ponies,please!!!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2018, 02:32:52 PM »
Takara ponies might be tricky to re-release, since they were made by Takara and all. I have no idea how that sort of stuff works, but I'd imagine the rights for them would probably be shared between Takara and Hasbro, or somesuch? Could be tricky to license, especially if they were made by a third company (like how these are made by The Bridge Direct instead of Hasbro themselves) instead of Hasbro and/or Takara.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2018, 03:34:55 PM »
soooo.......I picked up Blossom today, in hopes of giving it to an acquaintance (still heavily debating on going through with it, even after I giftwrapped it and all). But when I asked th Target employee if the 20% off sale included the g1 ponies, as they advertised (20% ALL MLP merch), he said no. I feel jipped. All MLP merch means ALL MLP merch. g1 ponies/ g4 movie and all. ALL.
formerly nightmare muffin

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #273 on: January 10, 2018, 03:37:38 PM »
soooo.......I picked up Blossom today, in hopes of giving it to an acquaintance (still heavily debating on going through with it, even after I giftwrapped it and all). But when I asked th Target employee if the 20% off sale included the g1 ponies, as they advertised (20% ALL MLP merch), he said no. I feel jipped. All MLP merch means ALL MLP merch. g1 ponies/ g4 movie and all. ALL.

I guess we could interpret it as G1 are worth the full price? Or G1 collectors are bigger mugs than G4 ones and will pay full price? I dunno whether to take it as a compliment or an insult.

At least you have the option to buy them in store. I actually find myself hoping they only release this set, because I will be spitting nails if they release something exciting and it only appears in the States.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »

I guess we could interpret it as G1 are worth the full price? Or G1 collectors are bigger mugs than G4 ones and will pay full price? I dunno whether to take it as a compliment or an insult.

At least you have the option to buy them in store. I actually find myself hoping they only release this set, because I will be spitting nails if they release something exciting and it only appears in the States.
I don't know what to think anymore. Especially after I saw a post on tumblr about how someone got a g1 pony for 20%, after THEY had an employee get it out the back. =_=; https://ponyguru.tumblr.com/post/169555336009/i-got-a-gift-card-for-christmas-woo-so-its
 I just want to save money. the g1's are well worth the $10, don't get me wrong, they're hella nostalgic, and g1's for heck's sake. But still. My wallet's getting thin. And all merch, as I said, should mean ALL merch.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2018, 04:27:18 PM »

I don't know what to think anymore. Especially after I saw a post on tumblr about how someone got a g1 pony for 20%, after THEY had an employee get it out the back. =_=; https://ponyguru.tumblr.com/post/169555336009/i-got-a-gift-card-for-christmas-woo-so-its
 I just want to save money. the g1's are well worth the $10, don't get me wrong, they're hella nostalgic, and g1's for heck's sake. But still. My wallet's getting thin. And all merch, as I said, should mean ALL merch.

Well, if I were to buy one it would be probably $35 before custom fees including postage. So you know, $10 isn't bad. Every cloud and all ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #276 on: January 10, 2018, 06:26:50 PM »
My guess would be it counted Hasbro My Little Ponies in the sale, but didn't count the retros because they're made by a different company.

Similar to how if you bought a My Little Pony t-shirt, it wouldn't count as a MLP item that was on sale.

Store policies do vary from store to store.  You could always try bringing it up on Target's Facebook;  they might give you the refund or a coupon or something.

Anyhoo, as expected I didn't find the retros at my Target.  (They showed as being sold out in the system so I think someone else got there first.)  But I did pick up the movie on BluRay.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 10, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »
After 3 different Target runs I finally found my set today! They were on an endcap near the other MLP, so if you don't see them right away, be sure to check the whole toy section, they might be hiding! I told myself I wouldn'y buy the whole set, but then i just couldn't bear to split them up, I have no self control! :P I think someone asked for comparison pics of them with the 2008 re release, and I don't think I saw any pics like that? Hope these will help someone out a little! Minty was the easiest to get to on my shelf, and my fav so she's my model ;)

All 3 from the front, original release is on the left, 2008 release is in the middle (I couldn't make her stand, so she's going to have to sit like that) and the newest release is on the right

eye comparison, original is on the bottom, newest is in the middle, 2008 is on top.

Original on left, 2008 on right

Original on left, newest release on right

Overall these guys are MUCH better in quality than the old re release. The plastic is a little squishier (not as much as the originals though!) and they're still pretty bright, but not as bad as the 2008 releases. They also stand by themselves!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2018, 09:57:46 PM »
Instead of a complete different set, I'd like for them to release a set of iconic ponies from a bunch of different sets. So like one Twinkle Eye (either Fizzy or Mimic), and one So Soft (either North Star or Lofty) and one Sparkle (Sky Rocket?) and one Perfume Puff (Red Roses), and so on.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:04:12 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 10, 2018, 11:36:09 PM »
Takara ponies might be tricky to re-release, since they were made by Takara and all. I have no idea how that sort of stuff works, but I'd imagine the rights for them would probably be shared between Takara and Hasbro, or somesuch? Could be tricky to license, especially if they were made by a third company (like how these are made by The Bridge Direct instead of Hasbro themselves) instead of Hasbro and/or Takara.
we could ask Takara nicely?  They might be willing to work with Bridge, like Hasbro let Takara work with liscensing and manufacturing,.

can't be the only one who wants the Takara ponies, and if the g4 fandom can rally and change things regarding helping other fans in times of need, to getting pony names canonized, then I can't see why the original fans can't band together to get other ponies in the g1 branch of toyline more focus by the companies who may or may not have an ear open. Isn't that what a fandom community is all about, support for the franchises characters, and making stuff happen?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:38:23 PM by nightmare muffin »

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2018, 11:49:26 PM »
If these are successful enough for more, it would be awesome if they went with unreleased G1s like the celestial ponies.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2018, 03:03:38 AM »
Wow, I come back from holiday and this is what I see!

Well we don't have Target here, but we do have TRU, so I will quietly hope. Oh please pretty please? I love how purple Blossom looks, but for me it would be the nostalgia of being able to open up a my little pony new from the box again. Without the guilt of deboxing something that is very rare and 'should not' be done. That would be just amazing!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 11, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »
we could ask Takara nicely?  They might be willing to work with Bridge, like Hasbro let Takara work with liscensing and manufacturing,.

can't be the only one who wants the Takara ponies, and if the g4 fandom can rally and change things regarding helping other fans in times of need, to getting pony names canonized, then I can't see why the original fans can't band together to get other ponies in the g1 branch of toyline more focus by the companies who may or may not have an ear open. Isn't that what a fandom community is all about, support for the franchises characters, and making stuff happen?

Just because you want it to happen isn't a reason to expect the whole community to rally to agree with you. If it means tha tmuch, though, try writing to Hasbro and Takara yourself. That'd be a first step.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #283 on: January 11, 2018, 07:31:30 AM »
I don't think Takara ponies would sell well, because the MLP community on its own isn't enough to sustain sales and they don't have the "nostalgia" factor, as they aren't even recognizable as My Little Ponies to the average person on the street.  Like, the power of nostalgia is that I saw the retro SSC dolls and almost bought one--even though I didn't LIKE SSC as a kid--because it reminded me of seeing them on the shelves when I was young.

Which isn't to say you shouldn't try--you can still write to them, etc.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 11, 2018, 08:03:25 AM »

Just because you want it to happen isn't a reason to expect the whole community to rally to agree with you. If it means tha tmuch, though, try writing to Hasbro and Takara yourself. That'd be a first step.
I wasn't EPXPECTING anythig. I was saying,  its an option. A possibility.  I most CERTAINLY don't expect an uprising and movements of passion and calls to action with anyone here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal