collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141097 times)

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #690 on: January 23, 2018, 04:33:22 PM »
Quick question, what's the retail price for one of these? I didn't find any at either of the Targets in west Knoxville, and have been keeping an eye out for a set on the Arena sales forum.
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #691 on: January 23, 2018, 04:41:31 PM »
$10 each for the Collector ponies.  The Rainbow ponies haven't hit the stores yet, and may come out in Europe before other places.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #692 on: January 23, 2018, 05:17:49 PM »
Quick question, what's the retail price for one of these? I didn't find any at either of the Targets in west Knoxville, and have been keeping an eye out for a set on the Arena sales forum.
If you have a minute to ask someone at the help desks, the DCPI is 086-00-2831. In some cases, they just haven't set out the ponies yet. The tags will say MLP ANIMAL.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 23, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »
They smell like plastic. Unless they're a scented set, like the Sweetberries.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 24, 2018, 11:40:05 AM »
I might be able to pick up some of these guys after work -- according to the guy at Target, there are several stores in the area with some, including the set of six near me. I can't go until a few hours from now when I get off work, so there's no guarantee, but . . . If you'd like, PM me with who you're looking for, and if I can find them just pay me what I paid plus shipping to your area/country  (they're 9.99 USD plus tax). :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 24, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »
They look fantastic! Seriously? scented? Yes let's give folks that have asthma or scents can trigger migraines a pony. Someone was asleep at the switch but who cares cause those people in the minority. This is a huge fail and I'll have to pass on them. Because scents can set off my asthma.

Weren't the originals scented? People always mentioned memories of that "new pony smell"?
I thought that was more like "new car smell" where the pony wasn't meant to smell like vanilla or anything, but the plastic just had a distinct scent.

Yes, I believe it's more like that though I've never had any memories of pony smell other than the ones that were intentionally scented.  If I remember correctly there were three sets where being scented was part of the gimmick.  The Sweetberry set, the Sundae best set and the Perfume puff set.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeeeeeeeeep it was the gimmick for some of them! :D 
 I had severe asthma as a child and I do remember being told by my mom that, "there were scented ponies - so to be careful, stand back, and look at the boxes from afar", lest I have an attack....  :(  if the MLP display section was two-sided, I would only get to look at the ponies on the NON scented side.... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #696 on: January 24, 2018, 02:47:05 PM »
There's also the Candy Cane set. They're scented too.
My whole family have asthma and my mum is particularly bad but my childhood Cherry Treats only really freaked my Dad out because of the sickly smell - none of them have ever bothered any of my family for the scent so I guess we're lucky that pony scent isn't a trigger. I have more recent issues with dust and allergy-related asthma symptoms but again scented ponies don't trigger it (I just find most of them nauseating xD). I don't mind if the rainbows are scented, but hopefully it won't be too oppressive for people who have trouble with scent.

I just showed my sister the boxed images and now she wants them all. My sister wasn't born when G1 rainbows were in stores (she was born in 1987 and her first pony, Fizzy, was second hand) and I think she only has a Starshine among her ponies that we got when carbooting. So technically she doesn't have most of these. And somehow I get the feeling she's planning on changing that. I wonder if her partner knows what he's about to be let in for, as he is encouraging her at the moment but I'm guessing he doesn't know they're scented.

We were talking and I realised that the idea someone had about a set of early playset ponies could be a reality based on the fact they already have poses for Majesty, Sprinkles, Peachy, Lemon Drop worked out. It wouldn't be hard to add Cascade if they really wanted to, given the pose, although they likely haven't heard of her because she wasn't in the US line. It depends where they are getting their information from I suppose. But I suppose they'd then have to think about making a baby mould for Tiddly Winks as it would be a shame to cut her out of a set like that. Also I guess maybe baby Half Note and Baby Cuddles :/

I also wondered at the likelihood of Megan and Sundance coming out as a gift set. I mean, they keep reissuing the movie on DVD, so they could release them with the movie. Megan's got a main part in it at least I think. Can't remember about Sundance. It's a global release item as well. And they have the pose for Sundance because of the Rainbow Ponies.

Of course, if they did Megan and Sundance, which outfit would they choose? When Hasbro licensed Jem out to IT a lot of the show-favourite outfits ended up on the dolls and the outfits were based very much to the animation rather than production models. I know Megan wears her US release dress at the end of Escape from Katrina in the Dressed like a Dream parade thing, but she wears other stuff as well - principally something that is probably based on Country Jamboree? And that was released with the set in the UK one year, so maybe that outfit would be the best??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 24, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »
Well, if we could talk them into doing a mystery pony/uncut RAMC release, then it would only make sense to do a Megan/Sundance/uncut Escape from Katrina release.  That would make the most sense to me.

I would love to see Cascade released.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 24, 2018, 05:16:41 PM »
Well, if we could talk them into doing a mystery pony/uncut RAMC release, then it would only make sense to do a Megan/Sundance/uncut Escape from Katrina release.  That would make the most sense to me.

I would love to see Cascade released.

Yes....I just thought it would be neat to get a more general animated Megan than just regurgitating the US release (which is the most widespread release and is the one they'd go for if they did Katrina). Unless they had a whole dressed like a dream line of ponies, in which case, I'll go with it ;)

I would love to see Cascade too, but she's obscure even in the UK because she wasn't in stories much (one story ever, I think) and she seems to have been replaced halfway through 1985 with Sprinkles who appeared in the stories a lot. So even making a case for her HERE is a bit difficult. Far as I know she had no other country release, not even in Europe...wasn't popular from stories, and was never in the US. All she has going for her is that she's in a pose they've already produced ponies in...which isn't much at all.

It's a pity as she's really pretty and I imagine she'd sell well, especially in North America where I've heard a lot of people say they like her more than Sprinkles :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 24, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »
I'd like to see Megan in her riding outfit, the one she wore in Rescue at Midnight Castle, and her pony TJ. That would be a neat set. I think someone made a custom version one year for Pony Fair?   I think the playset ponies are a good idea also.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 24, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »
That gift set rainbow pony box has no French on it like the rest of individual ones do. I wonder if they're just going to release a set for the US or something?

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 25, 2018, 01:32:31 AM »
I'm only going to get Confetti, and call her queen confetti.

I just hope they release uncut versions of Firefly's Adventure and Escape from Katrina on DVD here in the UK, with Megan and Sundance with the Escape from Katrina. And release Molly and Baby Sundance with the Original My Little Pony Movie.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 25, 2018, 04:05:14 AM »
The set is advertised on the Swedish site so no indication it is alternative for the US. Historically Scandinavia had most packagung in just English like us...but we don't know how they are planning to handle that this time.

Actually now I think of it with G4 although the word 'attention' is on the back in many languages, the only packaging in the UK with multiple languages on the front is imported...

Sigh. Speculating is tiring.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 25, 2018, 05:54:39 AM »
The non pony community is also excited about these. I just checked another board for a completely different toy line someone had posted how excited
 they were to see ponies they had in their childhood. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 25, 2018, 06:44:39 AM »
The non pony community is also excited about these. I just checked another board for a completely different toy line someone had posted how excited
 they were to see ponies they had in their childhood. :)

Ponyfan
Aww, that's awesome  ^.^ I got kind of excited seeing the two I found yesterday. The nostalgia is real, ha ha. They're in really pretty packaging. I don't know whether to open them, it's so pretty, but I want to see the stickers and poster.

By the way, my offer still stands -- I'm probably going to another Target after work today, so if anyone wants me to pick up a particular pony I can and you can just pay me back what I paid plus shipping to you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal