collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 139235 times)

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #360 on: January 14, 2018, 03:23:08 AM »
I think the US will get the Rainbow ponies.  The Facebook chat, that was a European collector who was messaging The Bridge Direct asking if Europe would get retro ponies.  So when The Bridge Direct said "Europe will get Rainbow ponies", I don't think that implies "the US will not get Rainbow ponies", if that makes sense.

I sent my own Facebook message to TBD asking if Europe will get Collector ponies / will the US get Rainbow ponies . . . I'll let you guys know if / when they answer. :)  It may be that Europe will get Rainbow ponies first and the Collector ponies second?  Like the UK getting the Wave 2 G4 Baby Sea ponies first and the Wave 1 G4 Baby Sea ponies second . . . ;)

I've asked them again too. Let's hope they get back soon to any of us and we can get more information about this!

I too think they will release the rainbow ponies in Europe and the US, but maybe they are testing the european market. I believe here in Europe we didn't get as many CP ponies as in the US, in Spain we had the piggies but don’t know is in the rest of Europe they got the six CP, so maybe that is why they are heading directly to the rainbow ponies, and hopefully to the Pretty Parlour set.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:59:07 AM by LadyPinwheel »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 14, 2018, 08:29:14 AM »
Is it just me or is it sounding like Europe will only be getting the Rainbow Ponies and the US will only be getting the first 6 Ponies?   :huh:  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that those in Europe won't be left out!  But this will make it maddening for anyone who, like me, wants the complete sets.  I really hope I turn out to be wrong about this!

And what's this rumor about the Pretty Parlor??  Is there any chance that it's true?  Surely not... it's way too good to be true.... since Peachy and The Pretty Parlor was the very first pony thing I ever got, I would just die to be able to re-live that moment!  But surely a playset is way too much to reproduce just for the collector and nostalgia market....?

That's what I'm wondering too. Maybe you guys will get the Collectors Ponies second?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 14, 2018, 08:30:14 AM »
Oh, that's fantastic news about the Rainbow ponies!! Has there been any confirmation about whether or not these will hit the UK too? I see it looks like they're definitely coming out in Europe and technically we are still in the EU, but Europe release doesn't always = UK release so it'd be nice to know for sure..

(edit - to clarify, by "these" I mean the 35th anniversary repros in general, not either specific set)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:37:53 AM by Carrehz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #363 on: January 14, 2018, 08:32:01 AM »
Oh, that's fantastic news about the Rainbow ponies!! Has there been any confirmation about whether or not these will hit the UK too? I see it looks like they're definitely coming out in Europe and technically we are still in the EU, but Europe release doesn't always = UK release so it'd be nice to know for sure..

I've written to Hasbro UK (or rather, Hasbro Europe, whose address is in London...) to ask them...but nothing official about the UK yet. I am with you entirely on the Europe and UK not always equalling each other, so I guess right now it's fingers crossed.

Or I'm getting a Eurostar to Lille for a day to do some shopping. >.>
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 14, 2018, 09:56:02 AM »
I just got another answer from The Bridge Direct. Hopefully soon they'll give us more information about the Pretty Parlour rumor and local distribution.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 14, 2018, 10:00:46 AM »
LadyPinwheel, if you are in communication with them, can you ask them whether the UK is included in their catchall term of Europe? Because you know, it's never a sure thing...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 14, 2018, 10:07:20 AM »
LadyPinwheel, if you are in communication with them, can you ask them whether the UK is included in their catchall term of Europe? Because you know, it's never a sure thing...

Sure! I will ask them too. ^^ I think it's easier once the communication channel is open. So if there are any other questions you want me to ask the, please let me know. Some times with the excitement y leave things out.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 14, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »

Sure! I will ask them too. ^^ I think it's easier once the communication channel is open. So if there are any other questions you want me to ask the, please let me know. Some times with the excitement y leave things out.

I think just whether they will be in the UK is probably enough to be going on with. I guess we'll also need to know if they're going to be specific store exclusives and when they're going to come out, but those things are less important at the moment than the other question. So if you don't mind, that would be great. And the more they know that there's interest from lots of different countries about these releases, the more likely they might decide it's worth carrying on.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 14, 2018, 10:29:39 AM »

I think just whether they will be in the UK is probably enough to be going on with. I guess we'll also need to know if they're going to be specific store exclusives and when they're going to come out, but those things are less important at the moment than the other question. So if you don't mind, that would be great. And the more they know that there's interest from lots of different countries about these releases, the more likely they might decide it's worth carrying on.

Message sent!!

BTW, I'm sure you can help me. Here in Spain we didn't get the 6 CP ponies. We did have the piggies, but never the basic 6. Did the rest of Europe get the Basic 6? I know Italy had their collectors with variations. But I mean the US release.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »
Oh interesting, I didn't know Spain didn't get (non-piggy) CP.

Did any European countries get the Hong Kong versions of Glory, Firefly, etc?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »

Message sent!!

BTW, I'm sure you can help me. Here in Spain we didn't get the 6 CP ponies. We did have the piggies, but never the basic 6. Did the rest of Europe get the Basic 6? I know Italy had their collectors with variations. But I mean the US release.

Thanks for doing that. Ugh, Europe in general? I don't actually know because you guys had so many variant sets. I do know the UK had them, though. I know someone here has a catalogue with them in from Hasbro UK, and also I spoke to someone who had Bluebelle from new, but on a US card here. So probably an import right at the start.

We had no variants, just the US release of these ponies, but through weird channels with the concave set, as we didn't have the Mail Order. I know Cotton Candy and Blossom just came out in the normal set like the US had, only on slightly amended cards to remove the unicorns and pegasus ponies we didn't have. I know Snuzzle was in an Argos offr with baby bow tie's stroller and then came in the 1987 parlour. Butterscotch had the Gymkhana in 1984 and 1985 as there are 2 different boxes for this. Argos sold Bluebelle as a single pony for a while but I have no information about her card and whether she was also from the US originally. Minty I have no information for, but when I was carbooting, I picked up lots of both CF and FF ponies loose. Just in our fact file, some of the information about them is a bit hazy, like Hasbro UK themselves weren't even totally sure who they were (Minty is purple, Bluebelle's name is spelt wrong).

BUT we know the UK and the rest of Europe don't always or even often follow the same rules. I wouldn't like to guess...except that if you did get the original sets, why would they have made variants to sell there..? I meab, if they were already in the UK, and the UK did export stuff to Scandinavia at least...?

I never thought about it before, but you might have a point.

I have no information on any insert from the UK relating to the flat foots as a set. I only know we had them for sure because I've found them and have spoken to people who have evidence...

@LM - some of that set in Scandinavia. Packaged in cards marked Hasbro UK but exported. Not at all bitter here *grinds teeth* but well documented.  Someone from scandinavia will be able to tell you who. This is the set that also included yellow Moondancer I think.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 14, 2018, 10:52:13 AM »

Thanks for doing that. Ugh, Europe in general? I don't actually know because you guys had so many variant sets. I do know the UK had them, though. I know someone here has a catalogue with them in from Hasbro UK, and also I spoke to someone who had Bluebelle from new, but on a US card here. So probably an import right at the start.

We had no variants, just the US release of these ponies, but through weird channels with the concave set, as we didn't have the Mail Order. I know Cotton Candy and Blossom just came out in the normal set like the US had, only on slightly amended cards to remove the unicorns and pegasus ponies we didn't have. I know Snuzzle was in an Argos offr with baby bow tie's stroller and then came in the 1987 parlour. Butterscotch had the Gymkhana in 1984 and 1985 as there are 2 different boxes for this. Argos sold Bluebelle as a single pony for a while but I have no information about her card and whether she was also from the US originally. Minty I have no information for, but when I was carbooting, I picked up lots of both CF and FF ponies loose. Just in our fact file, some of the information about them is a bit hazy, like Hasbro UK themselves weren't even totally sure who they were (Minty is purple, Bluebelle's name is spelt wrong).

BUT we know the UK and the rest of Europe don't always or even often follow the same rules. I wouldn't like to guess...except that if you did get the original sets, why would they have made variants to sell there..? I meab, if they were already in the UK, and the UK did export stuff to Scandinavia at least...?

I never thought about it before, but you might have a point.

I have no information on any insert from the UK relating to the flat foots as a set. I only know we had them for sure because I've found them and have spoken to people who have evidence...

@LM - some of that set in Scandinavia. Packaged in cards marked Hasbro UK but exported. Not at all bitter here *grinds teeth* but well documented.  Someone from scandinavia will be able to tell you who. This is the set that also included yellow Moondancer I think.

You are welcome ^^

That is very interesting. Because at first I thought that in Europe we didn't actually get the basic Six, except for the exclusive ponies from each country. But asking through the European FB group, a member from The Netherlands said they got the US and the Italian release. So my theory is loosing strength. Let's see what other members say ^^

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 14, 2018, 11:07:19 AM »
One of the things that bothers me the most is that people call Europe a block and assume we had the same and we didn't. I know the Netherlands had a bunch of stuff the Uk didn't get...and they DID have Italian and HK versions of ponies like White Tootsie. So yeah. I would love to know more about that as well. Do you think it's worth starting a new thread about it to see what people know?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #373 on: January 14, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »
I'd suggest that UK / Euro collectors might want to contact The Bridge Direct and be like, "Hey, heads up, even though Glory, Firefly, etc weren't sold here, they were the main characters in this very popular comic for X number of years.  So please sell them here if you ever make them."

Because The Bridge Direct wouldn't have any way of knowing about the comic (let alone which ponies were in it), and their business depends on non-collecting but nostalgic adults buying their toys, not just collectors . . .

Their contact info is here:

http://www.thebridgedirect.com/contact.php
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 14, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »
I'd suggest that UK / Euro collectors might want to contact The Bridge Direct and be like, "Hey, heads up, even though Glory, Firefly, etc weren't sold here, they were the main characters in this very popular comic for X number of years.  So please sell them here if you ever make them."

Because The Bridge Direct wouldn't have any way of knowing about the comic (let alone which ponies were in it), and their business depends on non-collecting but nostalgic adults buying their toys, not just collectors . . .

Their contact info is here:

http://www.thebridgedirect.com/contact.php

The website doesn't work properly for me, but that is a good idea. Although a bit previous, I can't help but admit that if they were going to make any ponies, those would make me the happiest to see on UK shelves. I will buy the Rainbow Ponies if they come here. Happily. Especially Windy. But I would trample down the queues and brave the crowds for Medley and Glory. I've only been waiting 30+ years for them ;).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal