collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 142245 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2018, 02:44:24 PM »
What I said was something like:  "Hello! I see you're making vintage style Charlotte Aux Fraises dolls.  Are you by any chance going to sell vintage (1980s style) My Little Ponies as well?  (And if so, do you know which ponies?) I would love to see them in stores again!  :)  Thanks for your time!"
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »
Okay, i sent it (it globally is a translation of what you said, just modified a bit to be closer to french)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »
Never Taffeta! I am a proud and unrepentant heathen!   May a hundred bushwoolies shed upon thee! XD  (I want dragons And bushwoolies!)

I hope you do start getting actual ponies over there though. Hasbro should spread the joy.

What on Earth is a bread insect? O_o

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2018, 03:32:29 PM »
In the spanish fcb forum we have been told that they will come later on to the UK and Europe, to be patient and do not fall for spending lots of money on ponies we will have a few months later. But that is all.
I must say that even though everyone does whatever he or she wants, l have seen people taking advantage of this topic and selling ponies for 5 times their actual price, playing on the wanting of others. Ebay tends to go crazy on people’s dreams.
I, personally, would not pay a little fortune for them if they are only sold in the US, ok it is a big market, but the rest of the world we do exist too. And earth ponies are not my most wanted ones. If they sell unicorns or other sets, maybe.
By the way my wish would be they put out some Mimics so that people would stop selling them as if they were made of gold. It could be so much fun to have actual new TE ponies. Same as for other HTF ponies.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »
In the spanish fcb forum we have been told that they will come later on to the UK and Europe, to be patient and do not fall for spending lots of money on ponies we will have a few months later. But that is all.
I must say that even though everyone does whatever he or she wants, l have seen people taking advantage of this topic and selling ponies for 5 times their actual price, playing on the wanting of others. Ebay tends to go crazy on people’s dreams.
I, personally, would not pay a little fortune for them if they are only sold in the US, ok it is a big market, but the rest of the world we do exist too. And earth ponies are not my most wanted ones. If they sell unicorns or other sets, maybe.
By the way my wish would be they put out some Mimics so that people would stop selling them as if they were made of gold. It could be so much fun to have actual new TE ponies. Same as for other HTF ponies.

Agree, and that is good news so keep fingers crossed. I am not bothered about the first six but if they come here I will buy them. I'm not going to be preyed on by US scalpers on ebay though, since even buying them at cost is going to be prohibitive. I hope they do come to Europe though. And I hope that we get the SAME things in Europe and the US so there's no flapping about - unless we can do exact pony for pony trades. I would love to have some European or UK classics as well as US ones like the old days, but it has to be fair to everyone.

In any case, any G1 ponies in stores again here would be nice. The US had 25th anniversary ponies, but we haven't had any in our stores for more than 20 years. Barring the odd end of line.
 @LAW - not good enough. I want DRAGONWOOLIES.
And no idea. O.O
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:27 PM »
Takara ponies might be tricky to re-release, since they were made by Takara and all. I have no idea how that sort of stuff works, but I'd imagine the rights for them would probably be shared between Takara and Hasbro, or somesuch? Could be tricky to license, especially if they were made by a third company (like how these are made by The Bridge Direct instead of Hasbro themselves) instead of Hasbro and/or Takara.
we could ask Takara nicely?  They might be willing to work with Bridge, like Hasbro let Takara work with liscensing and manufacturing,.

can't be the only one who wants the Takara ponies, and if the g4 fandom can rally and change things regarding helping other fans in times of need, to getting pony names canonized, then I can't see why the original fans can't band together to get other ponies in the g1 branch of toyline more focus by the companies who may or may not have an ear open. Isn't that what a fandom community is all about, support for the franchises characters, and making stuff happen?

Just because you want it to happen isn't a reason to expect the whole community to rally to agree with you. If it means tha tmuch, though, try writing to Hasbro and Takara yourself. That'd be a first step.
I wasn't EPXPECTING anythig. I was saying,  its an option. A possibility.  I most CERTAINLY don't expect an uprising and movements of passion and calls to action with anyone here.
Honey, we've done calls to action. We've tried to make our voices heard by Hasbro. We've tried to make our wallets heard by Hasbro, too. Hasbro is much more interested in catering to their most current audience, fans of their more modern (and less original) toy line. When the "mane 6" concept didn't work for the G3.5 era, they tried the same concept again and found adults AND kids who would buy the same toys over and over again with very slight variations. When they can make money by using the same molds and colors and materials over and over again, they don't really feel like they need to do anything else. I'm happy they threw us even the tiniest bone with these 35th anniversary ponies.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2018, 04:58:53 PM »
I’d love to see Rainbow Ponies next. I know they were previously released also but I missed their sets as well and still haven’t found a replacement for my childhood Starshine. I’d actually love any G1 retro ponies Bridge Direct produces. I think any ponies we’ve seen a lot of in the retro merch are good candidates for The Bridge Direct. Starshine is on a lot of the retro merch and the other Rainbow ponies are on the retro lunchbox and the Twice as Fancy ponies are in the travel mug.

Could we dare to hope if the 35th anniversary pony line does well we might see playsets?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2018, 05:12:30 PM »
soooo.......I picked up Blossom today, in hopes of giving it to an acquaintance (still heavily debating on going through with it, even after I giftwrapped it and all). But when I asked th Target employee if the 20% off sale included the g1 ponies, as they advertised (20% ALL MLP merch), he said no. I feel jipped. All MLP merch means ALL MLP merch. g1 ponies/ g4 movie and all. ALL.

Take the receipt, advertisement, and your best firm smile back to talk to a manager.
That endcap will have it's own unique "C" part of the DPCI. (Department, Class, Item). The class belongs to those reproductions, and though any employee should have been able to read the ad and make an adjustment, most don't like to do it without a manager.

You don't need to take the pony back, just the paperwork. You are right, and a manager or decent customer service person will help.

They are just following what the computer tells them, don't take it personally. In computer world, those aren't ponies. They are repro-endcap items.
thank you immensely for the pointers. I did as you said, though they didn't help put in the toy/ electoronics dept where I bought it, but the customer service desk they sent me back to was really nice and gave me my discount.  Every penny counts when buying ponies. So I'm a happy collector now.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2018, 05:15:00 PM »
I have to admit, if I walked into TRU and saw Windy on the shelf, whether in a box or on a card, I would be very happy. She was my first pony, but I was almost three and while my mother remembers picking her out for me, she was a present, so I never saw her in stores (that I remember). It would be the most amazing thing. But I won't import her, just like I didn't import the 25th anniversary one. If it isn't here on a store shelf for me to pick up and take home like the old days, it just won't work. I really hope if we get them then they're here.

It's also Windy in the French ad, which gives me hope. There's also been a lot of rainbow pony merchandise in the UK and Europe lately and selling well, so we can but keep our fingers crossed that this has all been building up to something bigger in the nostalgia line.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2018, 05:16:45 PM »
Adding to what Sunset said so much better than me, we're also talking about long dead generations which, though successful in their day, and nostalgic, and fond favourites for us, aren't in Hasbro's scheme of production.

The Takara ponies were not especially successful, are not (as I think LM said) really nostalgic in the MLP sense, and while popular with a niche set of collectors, aren't really fond favourites. I think that so long as we don't see hide or hair of ponies like Gusty in these kind of releases, there's no chance of anything more diverse.

Takara ponies are also designed and made to be sold to a Japanese market. The expense of trying to work that out to do a global release on a questionable brand isn't going to appeal to Hasbro's pockets.

I did think the other day it would be nice if Hasbro did a set with original Applejack, Bright Bramley, G3 Applejack and G4 applejack. I know BB isn't really an Applejack, but she has to be kin...and G3 Applejack stands out. But that really would mark out 35 years. The first ponies (aside from being 1982) only mark out, well, 1982...and I guess the reissued mail orders or whatever the UK did with them.

I think they'd do better with iconic ponies, but I don't understand really why 35th anniversary of MLP has to limit itself to G1. I am pretty sure 25th Anniversary did something with G3 at the time...but we've never had a truly allencompassing set.

Or maybe the Mane 6 as G1 style or G3 style and their alleged base ponies in G4 style and them something with G2 style... I dunno. Just something to mark out the whole span of pony, rather than just what happened at the beginning.
I'm 100% down for releases of different ponies across all generations rather than sticking just to the original mane 6, don't get me wrong. I would love a "MLP time capsule" that had one of the original main 6, maybe a TAF pony, a Takara, Dream Beauty, g2, g3, g3.5 and a g4 pony at random.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
Not to interrupt everyone’s conversation but I seen these on eBay earlier for $30 a piece! Crazy!

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
I was lucky enough to pick up Butterscotch yesterday from my local Super Target. The quality is really nice and I LOVED the box art! I logged in to the arena for the first time in ages and saw this thread so I decided to swing by Target and got lucky. It was a nice surprise. :)
I am curious to see if they'll release other sets or characters like the retro Strawberry Shortcake. I also saw the retro Care Bears while I was there and that was pretty neat, too!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2018, 06:27:32 PM »
I bought these because I loved the packaging and the whole 35th anniversary thing.  A few retro ponies are cool and brings back memories.  But if they start releasing more and more of already made ponies, as a collector, what's the point?  I already have almost everybody from the U.S. ponies I want. 

I would love for them to bring back ponies in different poses, especially the older unicorns and pegasi.  I would love a beautiful Twilight, Glory, or Windy in a Gusty pose.  And imagine a rearing Applejack!  Trotting Bubbles! 
Though I too would love a non-so soft Paradise!  And I would like more bushwoolies and dragons too.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2018, 06:39:17 PM »
Hah, it would be funny if they did various ponies like popular fan favorites, TAFs, Twinkle eyes, etc...all in the same collector's pose :lol: A move I could see Hasbro themselves doing to skimp on production costs! Thankfully it's licensed...

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2018, 08:42:10 PM »
Takara ponies might be tricky to re-release, since they were made by Takara and all. I have no idea how that sort of stuff works, but I'd imagine the rights for them would probably be shared between Takara and Hasbro, or somesuch? Could be tricky to license, especially if they were made by a third company (like how these are made by The Bridge Direct instead of Hasbro themselves) instead of Hasbro and/or Takara.
we could ask Takara nicely?  They might be willing to work with Bridge, like Hasbro let Takara work with liscensing and manufacturing,.

can't be the only one who wants the Takara ponies, and if the g4 fandom can rally and change things regarding helping other fans in times of need, to getting pony names canonized, then I can't see why the original fans can't band together to get other ponies in the g1 branch of toyline more focus by the companies who may or may not have an ear open. Isn't that what a fandom community is all about, support for the franchises characters, and making stuff happen?

Just because you want it to happen isn't a reason to expect the whole community to rally to agree with you. If it means tha tmuch, though, try writing to Hasbro and Takara yourself. That'd be a first step.
I wasn't EPXPECTING anythig. I was saying,  its an option. A possibility.  I most CERTAINLY don't expect an uprising and movements of passion and calls to action with anyone here.
Honey, we've done calls to action. We've tried to make our voices heard by Hasbro. We've tried to make our wallets heard by Hasbro, too. Hasbro is much more interested in catering to their most current audience, fans of their more modern (and less original) toy line. When the "mane 6" concept didn't work for the G3.5 era, they tried the same concept again and found adults AND kids who would buy the same toys over and over again with very slight variations. When they can make money by using the same molds and colors and materials over and over again, they don't really feel like they need to do anything else. I'm happy they threw us even the tiniest bone with these 35th anniversary ponies.

That's why these were licensed to a company that actually has interest in catering to the "nostalgia market". Left to Hasbro these wouldn't even exist. And it's quite possible they might be willing to do more than Hasbro would.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal