collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141056 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1410 on: June 11, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »
I'm glad they will definitly be available in the US.  I'm going to really try to wait till they are actually in store so I can support my local store carrying them in hopes that they will continue to carry the line.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: June 11, 2018, 10:42:18 AM »
I would absolutely get Skydancer if her box said Skydiver. As it is, I'm not sure which rainbow pony I want, but if they stock st Target I'll likely grab one. Do we know what each pony's scent is? Amazon doesn't seem to say.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: June 11, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »
They are being offered as a pre-order.  :)  They won't ship until their release date in August.

Agree that Sky Diver would be a great pony name, lol.

Sorry, was referring to the Collector Ponies (6-Pack):

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Fun-Little-Pony-Retro/dp/B00GSOQ092/

Selling out so soon is a very good sign.

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: June 11, 2018, 03:30:39 PM »
An Amazon review for 35th anniversary Cotton Candy's tail started falling out after a day of play and gentle brushing from a little girl. Has anyone else had any disappointment with the quality of the 35s?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: June 11, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »
An Amazon review for 35th anniversary Cotton Candy's tail started falling out after a day of play and gentle brushing from a little girl. Has anyone else had any disappointment with the quality of the 35s?

Nope.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: June 11, 2018, 04:10:29 PM »
Says they aren't available to be shipped internationally?

Well, of course. We can't have international pony people benefitting from cheap US prices, can we *rolls eyes*.

You know what happens when we run amok with shipping Taff!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1416 on: June 11, 2018, 05:00:51 PM »
The quality seems great to me.  I haven't opened up a 35th anniversary to see how the tail is put in.  I would assume with some kind of washer?  It's definitely not "fakie style" (where fakie companies root with individual plugs instead of one large hole.  Um . . . that sounded wrong but you know what I mean, lol.)

It's worth mentioning that my childhood concave Cotton Candy's tail consistently fell out when I was brushing it and I was always having to shove it back into her butt . . . Maybe the new ones are just that authentic, lol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: June 11, 2018, 07:06:24 PM »
I haven't opened any of my 35th anniversary ponies yet either but they seem to be great quality. They are made by the same company that makes the retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls. 

My childhood Cotton Candy's tail fell out a lot too. :lol: I thought it was just my pony.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: June 11, 2018, 07:14:05 PM »
My childhood Sunbeam also had a tail that fell out a lot.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1419 on: June 12, 2018, 03:38:43 AM »
Says they aren't available to be shipped internationally?

Well, of course. We can't have international pony people benefitting from cheap US prices, can we *rolls eyes*.

You know what happens when we run amok with shipping Taff!

I guess this is where we cancel the freighter...

Re Cotton Candy review - that actually annoyed me a bit. My sister has Cotton Candy, and thanks to LM, also Bluebelle and Blossom which she's deboxed. She's the kind of person who will carry ponies by their tails. She's played stack the ponies with her cotton candies, she's brushed and combed them and NOTHING BAD HAS HAPPENED.

Naynie is older than a child and she's stronger than I am. If the hair doesn't come out when she messes with it, it isn't going to. And she has three of them, not just one. Makes you wonder what the kid was doing to make that occur. The fact it's the only review makes the line look bad and could damage it further. It needs US people to go in and leave other reviews to balance out those opinions so buyers can get a better range of views, rather than just one which frankly doesn't seem to match the normal experience.

The only one I have loose is Snuzzle, who I tied to my spider plant and hung off my windowsill in doing the photo story in the brag section, among other things. I am not rough with my ponies, but believe me, she's been well combed since her adventures. Again, no problem.

I suppose it is possible that some holes got overfilled and thus a few strands came loose when brushing because they weren't actually rooted in...but that's not the same thing.

My childhood ponies...no tails 'fell' out, but Windy, Strawberry Fair and Masquerade all have loose tails. This came about from many years of being carried by tails, swung around by tails, vigorous brushing and combing,  and in Masky's case, being taught to fly. Both Windy and Masky's tails stay in, though, and I can still carry them by tail if I want to. Strawberry Fair is the only one where I can't do that, as the plastic has given slightly around her tail hole. One pony out of sixty eight is not bad though, in my opinion.

I also have Hopscotch, however, from my childhood friend's collection. This friend was much gentler on her ponies than I was, and they only ever went outside occasionally or got brushed from time to time. In spite of that, I have to keep Hopscotch's tail braided as the hair is coming loose from the metal clip inside. I won't replace her tail because it's original and it's still pretty complete - I just took a precaution. It's not something that happens regularly.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:43:37 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aubreysmommy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: June 12, 2018, 06:14:50 AM »
Any news on the other mlps being released like the big collector pack or wind Whistler firefly medley and the others? So excited my 10 year old and I are collecting the 80s ponies together I have only a few original ponies

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: June 12, 2018, 06:30:03 AM »
Another thing that seems a bit off about that Cotton Candy review is it says Schylling Retro My Little Pony Cotton Candy  There's a whole set listed under Schylling Retro ponies.. I'm just wondering where the Schylling name is coming from? Could they mean Styling instead?

I agree that Cotton Candy review makes the whole line look bad. :sad: 

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: June 12, 2018, 06:47:02 AM »
It could have just been a one off or a factory error? I have had a lot of Grand Champions horses and never had aproblem with their tails. I remember buying  a whole family on eBay a few years ago and was giving them a wash down in the sink when the foal's tail came out. No swinging, no harsh brushing, just gentle washing.

At any rate with Cotton Candy its an easy fix.

Post Merge: June 12, 2018, 07:19:08 AM

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing!  She's already been released as a single in France etc and I can't imagine they'd leave her out in the US, like these are the exact same toy ponies except in English packaging . . .

Poor Sunlight.

She's my favorite of this set. I remember being jealous of my cousin's Sunlight and asking to play with her a lot.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 07:19:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1423 on: June 12, 2018, 08:19:28 AM »
Another thing that seems a bit off about that Cotton Candy review is it says Schylling Retro My Little Pony Cotton Candy  There's a whole set listed under Schylling Retro ponies.. I'm just wondering where the Schylling name is coming from? Could they mean Styling instead?

Ponyfan
The picture on those pages has what I assume is a Canadian box as it is bilingual.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: June 12, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »
Another thing that seems a bit off about that Cotton Candy review is it says Schylling Retro My Little Pony Cotton Candy  There's a whole set listed under Schylling Retro ponies.. I'm just wondering where nthe Schylling name is coming from? Could they mean Styling instead?

Ponyfan
The picture on those pages has what I assume is a Canadian box as it is bilingual.

I didn’t catch it was a bilingual box.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal