collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141719 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1380 on: May 28, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
I'm most excited for Skydancer and Parasol because I had them as a kid. <3  But honestly I love all the ponies in this set.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 29, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
CP had comb, ribbon, and poster.
Rainbows have comb, brush (both?), ribbon, and sticker. So they have a scent, a brush, and a specific sticker instead of the same poster. That doesn't seem like $3/£3 worth of extras to me. Especially since I don't care about the comb or sticker.

You have to think about it in terms of overall production costs. They're making six different colours of brush and comb for this release, not just all the same colour, so that is already creating extra production costs because of different plastics and dyes. Each brush also has the sticker on it. Then there's the scenting process and also the sticker itself, which are, yes, individual to the six ponies.

Honestly, you being interested in something and it costing more money to produce are two separate issues. An item in the package doesn't become free the moment you decide you don't want it. It still costs money to produce it. Not to mention that this line probably will have extra safety testing costs because of the scents in the plastic. We're also dealing with glitter for the symbols as well. All these tiny details add up.

I find it ironic that the biggest complaints about price come from people in the country where these ponies are going to be sold cheapest. In Europe, we routinely pay over the odds for everything pony, throughout the whole of G1 to now in G4. A single Fashion Style pony at retail price can cost almost $30. Even a normal brushable G4 costs around $8 here (and more in other places).

As I said above, we're also going to pay more than $12.99 for just the collector ponies, here, let alone the rainbows. For a full set of Rainbow Ponies, it is going to cost a UK person more than $100. That's more than $20 higher total than it will cost someone in the US even if the price is $12.99 each pony. And for the collector ponies, to buy a complete set here will cost about $80. That's about $20 more again than the US. That is even taking into consideration different states and sales tax (which are included in our price up front). One Rainbow Pony here will be priced at an equivalent of $17.29. And I consider that good news, as we were expecting £15/$20 per pony.

And $3 and £3 are different amounts, so the added increment on our prices is also higher than the increment in the US. £3 is a difference of $4.

Places in Europe, particularly the Scandinavian prices we've seen, are likely to have prices even higher than that.

Not to mention all the countries who have no confirmed release date or information yet (of which there are many), for whom the price of getting these will be retail plus shipping, making them even more expensive.

I think the bottom line is, if the price is too high then maybe just don't buy the item? Besides, we don't know the price for the US yet. I just think it's really silly to decide they should be cheaper because you don't want a brush or a sticker. The originals had brushes, combs, stickers, ribbons, which is why this release does. Windy was my first pony, and I would be really sad if she was missing these accessories because you wanted it done on the cheap.

Ultimately, what we should be doing is supporting the release of these ponies, which are not hugely overpriced, in order that we get more released. I feel like people are fixating on a small thing rather than being grateful for the big thing, which is that we're getting these ponies in any form at all. And honestly, it's hard to empathise with this complaint given that I'd love to have the US pricing here, and I'm sure a lot of other people outside the US would jump at the chance of paying the equivalent of $12.99 for any of these ponies, let alone the Rainbows.

Also, if the US get $12.99 rainbow ponies and people don't buy them, it might jeopardise the future of the line. And that would hurt all of us.

Totally agree with all Taffeta said.

And please pity those of us who:
A: Aren't going to see these in store at all
B: These ponies would most likely be over $20 NZD each per pony at least.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #1382 on: May 30, 2018, 03:55:02 PM »
Canadians - go check your EB Games stores!!! Everything in their system still shows the ponies as pre-orders with a July 20 release date... BUT hubby was at work this morning and there was a box with all 6 in this morning's shipment. :D I got a surprise photo of all 6 stacked (will post once I get the pic online), and they were immediately set aside for us. Teehee!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1383 on: May 30, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »
So happy for Canadians!  The ponies are coming, the ponies are coming!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: May 30, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »
Woohoo awesome!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:39 AM »
Woooooooo great to hear!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 31, 2018, 11:32:49 AM »
Aw.. there's no Indigo OR EB Games where I live. Guess I'll have to hope one shows up on ebay later. Man, I need to move out of this dump. >_>
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 31, 2018, 01:19:42 PM »
Aw.. there's no Indigo OR EB Games where I live. Guess I'll have to hope one shows up on ebay later. Man, I need to move out of this dump. >_>

Nahhhhh I bet one of us Canadians could pick up some for you and help you out ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 31, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »

Nahhhhh I bet one of us Canadians could pick up some for you and help you out ;)

I'm hoping they show up on Amazon.ca or something later because I have a lot of stuff to pay for during the next couple months and won't have enough to grab one from anyone on here. > .<
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:36:58 PM by ThePoneZone »
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #1389 on: June 04, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »
EB Games has updated their site now to show the ponies in stock (no longer pre-order). :) So they are officially out!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 04, 2018, 10:48:37 PM »
I checked my EB Games and they didn't have them yet but she checked the computer and they were on the way so I'll check back.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »
Yay!!! They finally showed up at EB Games!!! Now my set is complete (I got Snuzzle from an arena member). That was a super fun sight to see them in a store. $19.99 or $17.99 with your Edge card.

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #1392 on: June 06, 2018, 09:44:21 AM »
Kiwi, yay!!! and Woohoo Shy Violet! Congrats! One country to add to the list -that has them already!-.

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 06, 2018, 11:35:08 AM »
I’m so happy to hear that these are now in Canada. :)  :cheer: Congrats to everyone that has found these in Canada now.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline eiskrempony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 10, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »
i order the rainbow Ponys today from german amazon,all six where available
so can´t wait if they arrive :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal