collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 138660 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1350 on: May 24, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »

I’m checking daily too! I’m not interested in the CP ponies tbh, just the rainbow ones. I’m sure a UK stockist will have them soon. At least, I hope so - it’s my birthday in July XD

:P You've made me feel slightly better about my checking addiction. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I must be honest of all the collectors pose ponies it's really only Minty that I really, really want since I've never managed to find her in the wild. :(
Although I wouldn't say no to Blossom or Blue Bell.  :lol:

Same I do kind of like Minty. But the rest of them I’m a bit indifferent to.

Btw Aria_elwen I love your avatar  :lovey: my favourite ever pony - I have like 6 versions of her XD

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #1351 on: May 24, 2018, 06:34:11 PM »
My local Target seems to have gotten rid of the display, as I haven't seen them for a few visits.
Too bad, I was betting on picking some on clearance!
Nice to hear that the UK will be getting the CPP for sure!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 25, 2018, 04:04:24 AM »
I hope the CP ponies will come to Scandinavia soon.
Keep looking at the site I preordered the Rainbow ponies. Atleast they are coming soon.

-edit-
Sent the site a email asking if they would take them in if they come to europe
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 04:09:38 AM by Strawberrysweets »
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2018, 10:48:25 AM »

I’m checking daily too! I’m not interested in the CP ponies tbh, just the rainbow ones. I’m sure a UK stockist will have them soon. At least, I hope so - it’s my birthday in July XD

:P You've made me feel slightly better about my checking addiction. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I must be honest of all the collectors pose ponies it's really only Minty that I really, really want since I've never managed to find her in the wild. :(

I have been overseas so I haven't been online the last few days but my sister sent me an email to say she'd found them on Amazon for preorder as well. They have the same release date by the looks...maybe we'll get them all together? Weird if so.

Also, a heads up for US people as we now have a comparison price point to work with. Cotton Candy etc are priced at £9.99 and the Rainbows at £12.99 on Amazon. I would expect that to mean that Rainbows in the US will be $12.99.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 25, 2018, 10:56:28 AM »

I have been overseas so I haven't been online the last few days but my sister sent me an email to say she'd found them on Amazon for preorder as well. They have the same release date by the looks...maybe we'll get them all together? Weird if so.

Also, a heads up for US people as we now have a comparison price point to work with. Cotton Candy etc are priced at £9.99 and the Rainbows at £12.99 on Amazon. I would expect that to mean that Rainbows in the US will be $12.99.

Ah! I had hoped for this!  Hopefully once they sell out- they will keep restocking until we can all get them ;)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 25, 2018, 11:12:37 AM »
EB Games has them for $19.99 CAD
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 25, 2018, 11:29:05 AM »

I wonder why one set would be more expensive then another? A multi-pack, or lots of accessories, or a playset I can understand. But a single pony with a brush and ribbon still ought to be the same price as the last set.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:32:39 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 25, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
Rainbow Ponies have brush, comb, ribbon and sticker. And are scented. I'm going to guess that's why.  True, the CP set have the poster but it's the same in each one. Brushes/combs/ribbons/stickers etc are unique to each pony so more production cost is going to have gone into them. Makes sense they'd have a higher price.

Also: To UK people who haven't seen the CP ponies in person yet, they are lovely <3. And I am not generally a fan of the CP ponies at all.

My sister and I actually have the set between us now thanks to a lovely US friend bringing over the three we didn't have, and they're all really pretty in person. I actually like the colouring on some of them better than the originals (gasp!).

Butterscotch and Snuzzle are especially beautiful.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:37:48 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 25, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
Rainbow Ponies have brush, comb, ribbon and sticker. And are scented. I'm going to guess that's why.

Yeah but the Collectors Set came with a poster. I don't recall Hasbro charging us more for a single pony because it had multiple colored hair, or rhinestones, or scents, or 3d symbols. Ergo, I don't see why TBD ought to either for anyone.  ^.^
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:43:13 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 25, 2018, 11:44:51 AM »
Rainbow Ponies have brush, comb, ribbon and sticker. And are scented. I'm going to guess that's why.

Yeah but the Collectors Set came with a poster. I don't recall Hasbro charging us more for a single pony because it had multiple colored hair, or rhinestones, or scents, or 3d symbols. Ergo, I don't see why TBD ought to either for anyone.  ^.^

I guess you posted right before I finished editing xD. As I said, brushes etc are going to cost more to make in individual colours than printing the same poster over and over again. It makes sense to me.

To balance it out, the CP set here are £9.99 which is $13.30...so we're still paying more than the US will even if the Rainbows are $12.99...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 25, 2018, 11:58:37 AM »

I guess you posted right before I finished editing xD. As I said, brushes etc are going to cost more to make in individual colours than printing the same poster over and over again. It makes sense to me.

To balance it out, the CP set here are £9.99 which is $13.30...so we're still paying more than the US will even if the Rainbows are $12.99...

That sucks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:06:39 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 25, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »
My local Target seems to have gotten rid of the display, as I haven't seen them for a few visits.
Of the three I frequent, none of them seem to be keen on showing them off. They are always placed on the lowest shelf of an end cap, far too often hidden by other merchandise. It was also a long time between the first time I spotted them and the next, at least three weeks.

And the last time I was at a Target, I took the lone remaining 35th anniversary pony, Butterscotch coincidentally, and trotted her over to the shelf with the rest of the MLP products.

Too bad, I was betting on picking some on clearance!
If there's anything good I had to say about Target, it's "Oh, boy! those clearance sales!"

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 25, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
CP had comb, ribbon, and poster.
Rainbows have comb, brush (both?), ribbon, and sticker. So they have a scent, a brush, and a specific sticker instead of the same poster. That doesn't seem like $3/£3 worth of extras to me. Especially since I don't care about the comb or sticker.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 25, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »
CP had comb, ribbon, and poster.
Rainbows have comb, brush (both?), ribbon, and sticker. So they have a scent, a brush, and a specific sticker instead of the same poster. That doesn't seem like $3/£3 worth of extras to me. Especially since I don't care about the comb or sticker.

:iconclap:

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 25, 2018, 10:19:03 PM »
Do we have a picture of the poster?

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal