collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 139275 times)

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1185 on: April 13, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
I just got this answer from Basic Fun! about the European distribution:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pikkupapupata

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 13, 2018, 12:50:59 PM »
I have been waiting for April since January, and now April is here and I have to wait until July or August.  :pout:

But I guess it's a trade-off for having easy access to the Collector Ponies where others haven't, so I can wait. I just don't want to.  :P

And most of us are still waiting for the Rainbows, even in Europe. And some countries here are predicting July.

And I won't pretend I am not annoyed nor feel at all betrayed by the turnaround of this company from European Exclusive to August release date in the US when they won't give us any similar information for European countries or stores...and they also deny they've told anyone in the US a release date, even though it's PRINTED in that article.

Basically, some transparency would be nice :P

Absolutely; I don't quite understand the seemingly-intentional vagueness, and the exclusivity despite overwhelming interest and desire. It's so disjointed and erratic, and so arbitrarily so.

Let us all have ponies!  :shakefist:

Offline Carolina-chan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
« Reply #1187 on: April 13, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »

Mmmhhh. I do wonder now if they are gonna sell them in Finland.
Finland is not part of the Scandinavia, althought people often think it is, the proper term would have been Nordic countries.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:58:25 PM by Carolina-chan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1188 on: April 13, 2018, 01:29:25 PM »
Hrm. Wow. That's more direct than anything I've seen so far. LadyPinwheel, do you feed them cookies or something? They don't ever tell me anything. They just tell me they don't know anything and haven't told anyone in the US that the Rainbow Ponies are coming out there.

They're not here yet, I am predicting not before end April at earliest. If it turns out they don't spread all across Europe I am happy to help anyone out that I can to get them, within reason. But it sounds like they are really trying. And a lot of you from Spain have made a vocal case to them, so I would keep harassing your local stores about it.

Isn't it interesting that Germany is on that list but the boxes are in English and French? So the French have to have French but the Germans can just make do? (As for "Scandinavia", they almost always had to make do with English packages for some reason back in the 1980s. O.O) Unless there is a different box release we haven't seen yet. German MLP always had German packaging though and Germany is one of the big countries for G1 MLP, so it would be weird if they were only in English and French there O.O.

@Carolina-chan, I would think they mean to include Finland in that. I actually bought my first G4 ponies in Finland (xD) but my impression of Finland's pony history with G1 is that most of the time it seemed to marry up with Sweden, Denmark etc? And I also have seen toy packages with languages including Finnish, Swedish etc. You might not be Scandinavia in the official sense but I would be surprised if you're not Scandinavia in the toy distribution sense. I'd stay positive :)

We should all have all the ponies O.o. Ponies are for everyone, no matter where you happen to live in the world O.O. I am totally in love with Snuzzle, and totally gutted that Hasbro didn't think she'd be wanted here. ><
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:31:05 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 13, 2018, 02:24:09 PM »
So I was looking at the Toy Fair pictures someone posted again:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfSSt7PhwNG/?tagged=melaniesmenagerie

Anyway, on the bottom row of their shelf setup they had Peachy & the Pretty Parlor (mmmm yeeah <3), the five pack giftset of Rainbow ponies, and . . . three packs of Collector ponies!

Meanwhile the upper shelves have the single packed Collector ponies (and other ponies.)

So that's interesting. I wonder if they will really release the three-packs?  Or was it an early idea before they decided, nah, single packs were better?  Or maybe a store exclusive for someone?

It is a bit hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like currently there are only cardboard-cutouts of the ponies occupying the three pack boxes.

oh i didn't notice that before about the 3 pack collector ponies and they are in the same group as the 25th Anniversary ponies were. funny.
who knows they might be re-released like this in the second wave or maybe in different countrys. or just an idea for now so its prototype packaging.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Carolina-chan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
« Reply #1190 on: April 13, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
@Carolina-chan, I would think they mean to include Finland in that. I actually bought my first G4 ponies in Finland (xD) but my impression of Finland's pony history with G1 is that most of the time it seemed to marry up with Sweden, Denmark etc? And I also have seen toy packages with languages including Finnish, Swedish etc. You might not be Scandinavia in the official sense but I would be surprised if you're not Scandinavia in the toy distribution sense. I'd stay positive :)

Aww, that's nice.  :P But yeah I'm certainly optimistic they will eventually appear here.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 14, 2018, 06:42:00 AM »
No listing for them on Chapters Indigo yet.  I check almost everyday...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 14, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »
>_>; Man, I've never even heard of "Chapters Indigo" and I've lived in Canada my entire life.

I wish they were coming to Walmart. I'm still gonna have to buy one online, now. I just wanted a nice white Starshine to replace the mouldy one I have, but the shipping prices here are ridiculous.

Oh well.  :huh: I'll get one eventually.
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 15, 2018, 06:21:08 AM »
 :drunk: Spain tends to get the short end of the stick when it comes to toys

And I promised myself no more online buying for a good while... argghh!!

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 15, 2018, 06:49:39 AM »

Now it would be interesting to know what stores will carry them. I am still suspicious.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 15, 2018, 08:21:02 AM »
SEE! I knew it, The Netherlands can forget about it. :hmm: Of course it's still possible, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt it.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 18, 2018, 05:31:25 PM »
My Target had 2 Snuzzles, 2 Cotton Candy, and 1 Bluebelle (now 0 cause she came home with me). No travel mugs or lunch boxes. Though to be fair I never found those, so who knows if they even had them. They were on a back end cap with other retro toys, didn't have time to see if the retro toys had their own section.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 18, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »
 :cry:
My Target had 2 Snuzzles, 2 Cotton Candy, and 1 Bluebelle (now 0 cause she came home with me). No travel mugs or lunch boxes. Though to be fair I never found those, so who knows if they even had them. They were on a back end cap with other retro toys, didn't have time to see if the retro toys had their own section.

Congrats Sammie!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1198 on: April 18, 2018, 08:44:42 PM »
I know some people have been looking for reviews comparing the 35th anniversary Collector ponies with the 25th anniversary set, and I found a web review that compares all the Cotton Candies:  original, 25th, and 35th.  (Scroll right to the end to see them.)

http://zubbiecreations.com/index.php/2018/03/01/35th-anniversary-my-little-pony-wave-1-review-the-bridge-direct-basic-fun/

Much bigger mold difference than I expected!  The 25th anniversary Cotton Candy is so short!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 18, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »
Thanks for the link. That's something. I can only compare 25th and 35th Minty, and FF and 25th Butterscotch. I wonder if 25th Minty will fit in the 35th packaging for display.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal