collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140940 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1080 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:16 AM »
17€ for a reissue pony x__x
Cheaper to get a Hasbro one on ebay. This is sad.

How €17? In France they're €14.99 O.o.

The ones I preordered are each 179 Nokr, thats 17-18 euro.

I suspect the UK will also be £15, but Zapper is in Germany, and they use the Euro, so I was confused as to why Germany would be more expensive than France when it's the same currency denomination...?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 22, 2018, 05:01:33 AM »
Things don’t cost the same price in all the eurozone, that is well known. Postages are not the same, rents are not the same, wages also, so l guess it is normal they don’t cost the same everywhere. And for those who find a new pony just manufactured more expensive than an old one, well it is easy: ebay and other sales platforms exist, you can always buy an old one. This is what l may do with the collector ponies since it seems that ppl that resell them just want to make business out of it. Seriously 25$ a 35th anniversary pony? Good luck selling them!
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Carolina-chan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy 'Stache blog
« Reply #1082 on: March 22, 2018, 05:22:42 AM »
Aaa! I'm so freaking hyped! But yeah, they are probably gonna cost around 17,00€-20,00€ in Finland. :huh:
Oh boy, I probably should try to make it one pony per month.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:29:08 AM by Carolina-chan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 22, 2018, 07:00:17 AM »
Things don’t cost the same price in all the eurozone, that is well known. Postages are not the same, rents are not the same, wages also, so l guess it is normal they don’t cost the same everywhere. And for those who find a new pony just manufactured more expensive than an old one, well it is easy: ebay and other sales platforms exist, you can always buy an old one. This is what l may do with the collector ponies since it seems that ppl that resell them just want to make business out of it. Seriously 25$ a 35th anniversary pony? Good luck selling them!

True, but there's no point getting depressed about it till a price is confirmed! XD

I had a letter back finally from Hasbro UK. The typical cut and paste contact Basic Fun. I am disappointed in them in general. In the past, Hasbro Customer Service were extremely helpful. This is clearly a symptom of the modern age where absolutely nobody matters at all.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 22, 2018, 07:15:02 AM »
So close, yet so far....! :faint:

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 22, 2018, 07:37:11 AM »
17€ for a reissue pony x__x
Cheaper to get a Hasbro one on ebay. This is sad.

not sure if it would be cheaper to get an old one on e-bay - anything mint is likely to be more than 17euros (for scarcity alone). Yes, you can get a less-than-perfect example cheaper, but if you factor in renovation time and materials is it really that bad a price?

It is a different market.

I'd love to get a brand-spanking new Moonstone reissue to go with Peg-leg Moonstone, who has lovely hair but only stands up on his own with a splint inside one front leg, and Other Moonstone who is lovely but has faded symbols and some markings on his feet.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 22, 2018, 07:43:24 AM »
My childhood Windy has the same standing problem. Her leg is actually shorter at the back than it should be, and I used to make her stand by makiing her wear a shoe on that foot :) Only I always had to get my Dad to put the shoe on, because my little fingers couldn't manage it xD.

I am guessing that's how I lost most of my Tennis Fun shoes, because Windy was using them as disability aids.

I think certainly buying off ebay is more expensive if you are buying internationally. And retail for these will be more expensive for us than in the US as well, because that's the nature of markets.

I don't really mind paying £15 for a retro Windy for nostalgia's sake. I have the Y2 Rainbows from the 1980s. I have them all in good condition, and one of them MOC - but for me the appeal is seeing Windy and co in the shops for the first time. I was too young to remember when I got my Windy, and my mother picked her out for me. So I am happy to pay £15 for the nostalgia. Whether I am willing to pay £15 each for all six of them I am not sure yet. For now I am only resolved to Windy...and will judge the others when I see them.

My sister, meanwhile, is too young to even remember Rainbow Ponies being out, as she was born in 1987. Her only memory of Rainbow Ponies growing up was my Windy, and she only has a Starshine in her collection now of the whole of that set. So she is trying to decide how many of them to buy, since technically she needs 5 of them. Although she could buy the old ones on ebay for cheaper, I think the rationale behind her thinking is like mine - she wants to see them in stores.

It kind of means a lot to both of us to see the ponies of our childhood back on shelves, even if they are new recreations. So I think that's the predominant appeal.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 22, 2018, 09:58:34 AM »
~$20 for rainbow ponies? That's twice as much as the Collector ponies are! I hope they appear for  $10 in the US like the CP ponies.

Also, are the retro ponies with the modern ponies at TRU or elsewhere?
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 22, 2018, 10:34:13 AM »
I haven't replied to this thread yet, but I have followed it with mixed feelings... I adore them, but first of all I highly doubt that these will make it to The Netherlands, and second, they are So. Expensive.

These two reasons are enough to cause commotion inside my head. This is pony stress, right there. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 22, 2018, 11:09:34 AM »
~$20 for rainbow ponies? That's twice as much as the Collector ponies are! I hope they appear for  $10 in the US like the CP ponies.

They are in the regular Pony section at mine.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 22, 2018, 11:19:04 AM »

These are European prices. We always pay more than the US for things, ponies included.

Albeit we only have two price points to base assumptions on (France on shelf and preorder in Sweden), it's safe to assume most European countries will be in that bracket. But there's a good chance the Rainbows will be around the same cost as the CP ponies in the US. Unless they add a couple of $ for scented and sticker...

The thing is because some idiot told Basic Fun not to release CP set in Europe, we don't have a comparison, so it's trying to guess the prices of 2 different pony sets sold in 2 different parts of the world in multiple different currencies ><

@Broken Irishwoman, I see no reason why the Rainbow ponies won't get to the Netherlands? We've been told they will be released in Europe, and that's Europe...:) and now they're showing up in France, which is not that far from the Netherlands...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 22, 2018, 11:21:08 AM »
but TRU is closing though so I don't know what shops they are using in the uk hopefully Asda /tesco / or smiths/entertainer toy shops :/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 22, 2018, 11:29:05 AM »
but TRU is closing though so I don't know what shops they are using in the uk hopefully Asda /tesco / or smiths/entertainer toy shops :/

We have a lot of stores in the UK that sell ponies. TRU going shouldn't affect that. They're being sold in the US at TRU and Target, but every time I've asked Basic Fun about stuff in Europe they have said that their international distributors handle which stores so it's not so specific here. They might show up at any store. We can be sure it won't be TRU, but the strong toy stores here are Entertainer and Smyths and some areas also have local Toymasters. And Tesco has the Target exclusive licence. So no reason why TRU going should matter in the long run. Maybe it might delay stuff - but maybe not.

Basic Fun (or Tech4Kids which is now part of the same collective) also produce Fashems. If a store stocks Fashems then they must have connections to that international distributor. A LOT of places in the UK stock fashems. At least one or two of them will probably stock Retro Rainbows.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
@Broken Irishwoman, I see no reason why the Rainbow ponies won't get to the Netherlands? We've been told they will be released in Europe, and that's Europe...:) and now they're showing up in France, which is not that far from the Netherlands...

Ah, I don't know. We're excluded so often, like we're too small to count. :P Because of this, if companies mention "Europe", I automatically think of Germany, France, Spain etc...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 22, 2018, 12:09:29 PM »

Ah, I don't know. We're excluded so often, like we're too small to count. :P Because of this, if companies mention "Europe", I automatically think of Germany, France, Spain etc...

Given all the interesting G1 stuff from the Netherlands and the mix of ponies you seem to have had over there, I'd be surprised if this project cut you out :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal