collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How would you value this buildabear?  (Read 603 times)

Offline Saphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
How would you value this buildabear?
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:01 PM »
Trying to figure out if I got a good deal thirfting, she was high for thrift considering the flaws
A g4 vinal scratch/dj pone 3
Missing her glasses
Missing her tail
Horn unstuffed somehow
Hair up in a huge mess of a style
Dirty
Blue marker on her bum
For some odd reason wearing a superhero dress that's in better condition than she is lol
Not gonna say what I paid till I have a few answers to what you guys think is her value
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:24:51 PM by Saphy »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: How would you value this buildabear?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:42:15 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 4 to 5 dollars for it. I've only gotten one Build a Bear pony second-hand, and that was a Twilight Sparkle that was in pretty good condition minus somewhat messy hair that I got for $10. I don't value the BaBW ponies as much as I would a plastic one though, and she does seem to be quite expensive. I could see someone paying 10 dollars for her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 06:51:34 PM »
I know mint with tags she goes for 60 plus shipping usually, but she is neither mint nor with tag lol darn was hoping higher but your likely right

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 07:28:08 PM »
I guess being a superhero is hard work.  :P

Even if you paid a bit more than necessary, I'll bet you can fix her up to look really nice!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 07:42:43 PM »
Im going to try but anything involving doll hair tends to be above my level, cleaning her is gonna mess her mane up worse and I won't know how to fix it nor retail her. I just couldnt leave her there she wasn't an awful price for from collector though but from a thrift it seemed high, they charge the same for any babw plush, regardless of quality and on alot of days its half that ...today wasnt one of those days

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:49:51 AM »
All thrift store plush I pay  between $0.99-$5.99.   I don't think I've ever paid more... 

And I bet she isn't that hard to clean up, especially if you're learning customization skills.  Cleaning skills are just as important.  Pony hair and doll hair are the same.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 07:24:59 AM »
Im going to try but anything involving doll hair tends to be above my level, cleaning her is gonna mess her mane up worse and I won't know how to fix it nor retail her. I just couldnt leave her there she wasn't an awful price for from collector though but from a thrift it seemed high, they charge the same for any babw plush, regardless of quality and on alot of days its half that ...today wasnt one of those days
Retailing build a bears is just sewing knowledge. I'm not gonna rip open one of mine, but it looks like the hair is anchored or glued to a strip of fabric. That fabric is then sewn inside the plush.
The manes are always tricky to tame.
https://www.thecraftynerd.com/2014/07/02/my-little-pony-build-a-bear-when-good-manes-go-bad-or-how-to-fix-a-terribly-messed-up-mane/ Here's a link for fixing the mane up!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 08:17:00 AM »
All thrift store plush I pay  between $0.99-$5.99.   I don't think I've ever paid more... 

And I bet she isn't that hard to clean up, especially if you're learning customization skills.  Cleaning skills are just as important.  Pony hair and doll hair are the same.
I didn't pay more...unless you count tax she was 5.99
Hair is the part of pony customizing I don't know how to do at all

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 08:17:35 AM »
Retailing build a bears is just sewing knowledge. I'm not gonna rip open one of mine, but it looks like the hair is anchored or glued to a strip of fabric. That fabric is then sewn inside the plush.
The manes are always tricky to tame.
https://www.thecraftynerd.com/2014/07/02/my-little-pony-build-a-bear-when-good-manes-go-bad-or-how-to-fix-a-terribly-messed-up-mane/ Here's a link for fixing the mane up!
Thanks

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 12:18:48 PM »
I would take her back to build a bear and use the bear hospital- they do all kinds of repairs (usually free) all you have to do is walk in and ask about it- theirs a bit of paper work and in a few weeks you go back to the store to pick up your fixed plush~

https://www.buildabear.com/brand-help-satisfactionguarantee-hospital.html

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »
Thanks! Totally gonna do that!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »
If BAB can't repair her it wouldn't be too hard to open her up, make and insert a hair weft, and stitch her closed again.  You could go whole hog and unstuff her completely so you could run her through the washer too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal