collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Target Ponies.  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Cheshire_Raptor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • We're All Mad Here, or Soon Will Be.
    • View Profile
Target Ponies.
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »
Went to Target today after getting back into the US since January and I was quite skeptical but I had to look.

I felt a slight disappointment when all I saw were the newer versions and so I wandered away from the aisle. I looked at Legos and a few game board games. I don't know about any of you, but I always check out the end caps for clearance.

I now cannot remember what I was looking at when I saw her. Purple with her white flowers. I swear in one gasp I sucked in all the air around me and I reached down and picked her up. Then I saw a teal with purple stars and then a pink with white spots!

With only three ponies in front of me I was over the moon. I was thrilled, excited and of course looked around the are a little more to see if there were anyone else hiding about.

But no.

Just the three ladies on the shelf, where the label said they would be. MLP 35th Anniversary 9.99, On an end cap. With clearance toys, but not on clearance.

It was a very strange moment to be honest as I do not ever remember seeing a pony in package that I was the first owner of. Even when I was a kid. We all know that things came out of packages as fast as the packaging would allow when we were kids.

Finished shopping, came home, did the adult things, i.e. put the groceries away, made dinner, fed the dogs; THEN I sat my butt down and opened Blue Belle. Carefully removed the tape from the top, pulled out Blue Belle and popped her out and had to untape her mane from the plastic and then with her free, had to carefully figure out how to get her mane out that plastic piece. Popped out the comb and then spent a couple of minutes pulling her hair free of the other hair holes and brushing it out. Put the plastic back into the box. Then it was Blossom's turn. Same thing but I left her comb in the box and used Blue Belle's comb, they all look exactly the same upon first glance. And of course I pulled out the poster to look at. Then of course I had to unbox Cotton Candy and repeat the actions.

So all three of them are sitting on my desk looking quite sweet and smelling like plastic toys.

I have noticed a few things; their heads move, you cannot untie the ribbon on their tails (THANK GOD!) and they all have the number 36117ZD on their right front hoof under the stamped words My Little Pony. This number however is not stamped on and could in time be worn away. The other hooves have stamped on them The Bridge Direct, Made in China and @2017 Hasbro.

Hubby is working on finding out if we can find the other three girls. He did find information on the next wave of retros (https://www.mlpmerch.com/2018/01/second-wave-of-35th-anniversary-g1.html) that are coming out in July. I'll be back in the US for the 4th, but I am sure these gals will release much later than the 4th.

I'm really excited to get these new ones that are coming out as well and hope there are some left for when I can pick them up when I'm back here.

I know I'm late in the Retro game here, but I don't mind.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Target Ponies.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 03:46:00 AM »
Wow! I would love to do what you just did - but SO much! It must have felt amazing

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 05:59:03 AM »
That’s amazing! I can’t wait to get mine!!
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 07:17:43 AM »
Awesome! It must have been SO exciting to find them :D Congrats!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 07:28:15 AM »
Congratulations! Isn't it an awesome feeling?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 08:06:25 AM »
Isn't it the best feeling to see them in the flesh?! To unbox them?! And the smell of the plastic! Im so happy for you! Hope you find the others. :)

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 01:49:32 PM »
Months ago, we saw them at Target, but I hemmed and hawed over the price. Next week they were looong gone.
However, in rummaging through the TRU madhouse on the first clearance day, I found Butterscotch in totally random spot, far from any other pony merch. Couldn't leave her behind, but we've not decided about unboxing her.

Offline pikkupapupata

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 02:33:39 PM »
I am always checking endcaps for goodies! The Targets around me predominantly have the ponies on designated endcaps with other retro toys, so I rarely have to go hunting for them. Super convenient for me.  XD

That's wonderful that you were able to find some!!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »
Congrats!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »
I am super envious of these new ponies.  I've been watching the shelves in NZ but it doesn't look like they are going to appear :(

I had a giggle about you doing the 'adult thing' when you got home before opening your ponies. That was very self disciplined of you :) :) :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 03:36:27 AM »
I am looking forward to this experience with the rainbow ponies when they finally appear here. Windy was a childhood pony so it will be special if I manage to find her in stores :)

Congrats on your new additions :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Cheshire_Raptor

• Smoozed Pony
  • We're All Mad Here, or Soon Will Be.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
Thanks! I'll be going back to the US next week and am still going to keep an eye out for the other three.

I can't help but check the shelves here in Mexico to see if by chance they "magically" show up. I keep hoping because that would be fantastic in so many MANY ways.

I cannot wait to get a 35th Year Moondancer and Firefly. Pardon the pun, but I would most defiantly be over the moon!

I do love the feeling. It's addicting but it's like wrapping comfort around you and feeling like the world is okay, even if it's just a short while and you do have to get back to adulting stuff. Hell, I still get excited when I find 2000 era ponies! I just found a MUCH loved Yesterdaisy at the weekly flea market today and am thrilled.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal