collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you bid if item is shipped with Global Shipping Program?  (Read 5384 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Do you bid if item is shipped with Global Shipping Program?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 10:18:21 AM »
You know the saddest thing about this for me...and this is so totally going to show my age when it comes to pony trading but...

I find it more annoying to have to negotiate around GSP issues, sellers who don't know what they're doing and buyers who vanish into the ether without paying in the modern "safe" version of Ebay than I did back when everything was in dollars, before paypal existed, and the only way to buy from the US was to send them cash. In an envelope. Through the post.

In no way do I recommend anyone ever doing that in this day and age because we've moved on but the weird thing is that for the most part, I didn't have any of these issues with those transactions. I think I had one incident of a MOC pony in a padded envelope falling off card (and she was $15 so :/) and that was it.

It's stupid that GSP should be making it easier to buy from the US. Instead it's now harder and more unpleasant to buy from the US than sending cash in an unprotected envelope and hoping for the best.

I can't think of any more damning criticism on the current system than that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal