collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Seller over charge on shipping and wont refund! Ebay!  (Read 3006 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Seller over charge on shipping and wont refund! Ebay!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
  So, if you don't see the money going into the packing of your item then most likely they inflated the shipping to cover their fees and gas to take your package.

In which case sellers open themselves up to the danger of items being damaged in transit, which eBay *does* care about.  You don't end up coming out ahead by doing a crappy job of packing, s'all I'm saying.  It's to both parties benefit to ship well.

Before Christmas I bought some vintage figurines off of ebay. The seller put them in a box with no bubble wrap and no packing peanuts.  Then they put that box into another box.  By the time I got them they were all in pieces.  100% positive feedback seller with over 3000 feedback and their response to me was, "I was in a hurry."  They didn't apologize, they didn't act shocked.  They just didn't really seem to convey they cared that my items were in pieces.  Then I got a 5.00 partial refund which I should have gotten a complete refund.  In a perfect world we could certainly hope that both parties understand the benefit of packing and shipping well.  Sadly, I am finding that even the best sellers just don't seem to carry this conviction. It would have been nice had I been given my shipping refund since they didn't bother to pack my items at all.  It is just really frustrating.  The people allowed to sell on ebay need a serious sellers etiquette class.  Maybe even more than one.  A class on packing and boxing.  A class on how to talk to a frustrated buyer and so on.  What would be even better would be if buyers could actually rate customers on how a package was wrapped and boxed.  Accountability?  I guess it is too much to ask for.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:11:02 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 02:52:44 PM »
Were the items that you bought (not the freebies) damaged by the poor shipping? You could open a claim on ebay.

If not, since you agreed to pay $25, I think the only appropriate thing to do would be to mark the appropriate rating for shipping cost.

I'm not sure the seller deserved a negative feedback for that though, he is right that you bought the listing knowing that $25 was charged for shipping. Sellers are not required to spend exactly what you paid for shipping on shipping after all.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:54:58 PM by Galactica »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 12:45:37 PM »
I think the problem is that she knew the shipping was $25, she happily paid it, expecting a decently packaged box, and then... this box full of smashed bent up ponies (one of whom is FRAGILE) arrives, with the postage clearly saying $11.95.  :(  I think this is not good of the seller if they shipped it out cheaper than what they charged the buyer for shipping.    Yes sometimes you eat the loss as a seller if you underweighed the box, but you don't go the other way around.  You build your profit into your base pricing.  :( 

THis would be my reaction as well. It's not that the price of the shipping is the problem, but the fact that the seller crammed ponies into a box which created damage in order to save on that and make a profit on the postage.

I had a MOC pony recently sent to me. The shipping was more than it actually cost, but the seller went to a good amount of trouble to pack it out nicely inside and so I didn't mind the extra price. It was clearly covering the packaging and the time taken to make sure this MOC pony made a safe arrival in its new home.

It's a different matter when the seller doesn't take those considerations. Handling is meant to be to make the item arrive with the buyer in the best possible condition, not a way to make extra cash on an inflated shipping charge. I would talk to ebay about it, but in that situation it helps to have photos of the packaging so you vcan make your case that you paid for proper packing and shipping and the seller didn't follow through with that.

If it had just been the cost and the seller had packed the items nicely, I would agree with the other comments that you know up front what the charge is and that's what you accepted paying at the time of buying.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 04:22:14 PM »
I had a similar situation. It just got resolved earlier this week. I had to open a case with Paypal though since ebay sided with the seller.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,389439.0.html

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 12:31:06 AM »
If people don't include details like this in feedback, sellers continue to behave in this manner without any incentive to do differently.

I can't agree enough! To just leave a few lines about something like this in your feedback is very valuable for the whole collector community.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 10:56:30 AM »
:( I'm sorry to hear this is still happening. I can only suggest you make a complaint to eBay.

Here is my experience from a number of years ago.

I bought a coat on eBay a number of years ago, shipping was stated £10. This was BEFORE eBay had shipping costs as part of the listing tools. Coats are large and bulky and first class would have been £7 or so, so I figured that £10 was fine, especially if it was well wrapped.

I won the coat for 99p. When I received the coat it was sent second class for £2.50 (shipping cost at the time) and wrapped in a single layer of brown paper, which was torn exposing the coat.

I contacted both eBay and the seller with images of the torn wrapping and postage/shipping label.

EBay's response: "sorry it arrived torn, speak to the seller and shipping was clearly stated as £10"
Sellers response: "you got a nice coat, for a cheap price"

It slowly emerged over the next few weeks the seller had been over charging everyone on shipping.

I know nowadays there is a tool to help seller pick the correct shipping. I also understand that eBay takes a fee/percentage from shipping (which I feel is wrong especially if you charge exact shipping) but this does not excuse vastly over charging.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2018, 10:59:47 AM »
eBay takes a percentage on shipping because sellers were using low 'purchase prices' with really high shipping to dodge seller's fees. Sadly.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 03:26:57 PM »
eBay takes a percentage on shipping because sellers were using low 'purchase prices' with really high shipping to dodge seller's fees. Sadly.

:( indeed, like the transaction I experienced. She made money of the shipping, not the items she was selling.

Still, I don't agree with it if you charge actual the actual shipping, if anything that's going to cause people to increase shipping cost to cover that fee, but I think that subject is a thread on its own.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 12:12:06 AM »
Eh, it was a little different - sellers would deliberately list BIN's (Buy It Now's) for, say, 99¢, but the shipping would be 19$, when they wanted to sell something for 15$ and the actual shipping cost 5$.  That way they'd only be paying seller's fees on the 99¢.  Rolling seller fees into the shipping cost is a different kettle of fish.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 04:34:24 AM »
Seriously contact Paypal. They favored in my favor, but that may have only been because the seller never responded to their inquiry.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 08:41:20 AM »
Eh, it was a little different - sellers would deliberately list BIN's (Buy It Now's) for, say, 99¢, but the shipping would be 19$, when they wanted to sell something for 15$ and the actual shipping cost 5$.  That way they'd only be paying seller's fees on the 99¢.  Rolling seller fees into the shipping cost is a different kettle of fish.

Ah, I understand :)

Love pkw xxx

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 05:42:42 AM »
Its all ok now! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal