collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guide on how to post pictures on forums  (Read 519 times)

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Guide on how to post pictures on forums
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:14:48 PM »
Hello everyone.
I just made this for everyone who doesn't know how to put pictures on the forum. It would be so much lovely to see all the pictures you want to show us, so, I just want to give a hand.  :blush:

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Remember to always post your pics in spoilers, especially if there are many of them or if they are really big. Yeah, technically you do whatever you want, I'm not your mom, but it is just a piece of advice to make the forum more soothing to read.

Since a lot of people like to quote each other's posts even when it is the post just above them, plus for anyone with an old, not powerful computer or with a low internet flux, it really becomes a pain to read any thread. So, yeah, it is for the good of everyone if I tell you to do that.

(Example of a mess of a topic even though it is interesting, it can make us loose the will to read it because of an overflow of pics not in spoilers and over-quoting of those same not in spoilers pics : http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,388864.0.html This is just sad. Please note that I am not blaming anyone in particular. Don't take it personally, this is not the point at all, I am talking for the good of everyone)

Well, I said everything. :lol: So yeah, this was an advice for you. It is supposed to be kind.

Have a great day everyone. =)

Rose
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Guide on how to post pictures on forums
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »
Ooh, this is great! Maybe people could make other ones for other hosts too :biggrin: And I agree about not posting lots of pics in spoilers. Especially if someone quotes it, it makes it much harder to read and look at everyone's posts. Though one small pic that isn't in a spoiler doesn't hurt :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 05:02:25 PM »
In any other hosts, it's the same trick, you just have to follow the instructions, copy the pic address and you're done. =)
Indeed one small pic never hurts. It always depends on the situation, we just have to be reasonable.  ^.^
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »
Inappropriate. You are not a moderator and cannot speak to fellow members this way.

Respect for fellow members/heated threads.
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Warnings on threads that get too heated or volatile may be given before the thread is automatically locked.  If a moderator's warning is ignored, the thread will be locked without further warning. Excessive involvement in heated topics may warrant a suspension from this site. Please treat other members with respect and decency. Topics that were locked may not be started again.

Furthermore, through your membership here at MLP Arena you agree to not only treat fellow members with kindness and respect but all Moderators of this site and the Arena itself in general. If you have a question or concern/problem with a Moderator it needs to be done via private message not on the forums.
Pony collectors come from all walks of life and various MLP-fandom cultures have emerged. Some of them converge here. Please treat all fellow members and collectors here with respect.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal