collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tracking a package that I think is lost in US Customs .....  (Read 608 times)

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Tracking a package that I think is lost in US Customs .....
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:12:38 AM »
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a little advice here from anyone who has been in this situation before.  I sent a package to Russia from the USA in early November and the buyer is requesting a refund for item not received.  The tracking number on the item hasn't been scanned since November 11th and the scan it received just says "in transit" and give no location. 

Which leads me to believe A) it is sitting lost somewhere at my local post office, or B) is sitting around in US customs.  I have sent quite a few International packages, including to Russia, over the past 3 months and their tracking usually updates when it leaves the the US and again when it is delivered.

I filed a lost package claim with the USPS and provided all of the info they asked for and their email response was "Sorry, you didn't provide enough information", lol.  But I gave them all of the info I had and everything they asked for in the claim form.  And as usual my local post office is completely useless and no help at all.

Any suggestions on how to figure out where this package is, or if I am just SOL?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking a package that I think is lost in US Customs .....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »
Well if you don't know why your search request is being rejected, call customer service and ask for help.  They can tell you what info you are missing and they can start a search.

Call: 1-800-ASK-USPSĀ® (1-800-275-8777)

Good luck

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking a package that I think is lost in US Customs .....
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »
Great, ty!  I didn't think they had a customer service number, but I'll call them tomorrow.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal