collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spanish Names Database (Update: now with pictures!)  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Spanish Names Database (Update: now with pictures!)
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:04:26 PM »
First of all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or if has been commented before. I've made a little search but didn't see anything, so I apologize if I overlooked it ^^;

I'm fascinated with nirvana ponies, especially Spanish ones! They're my favorite. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much info about them so for fun I've been working on, which at first was a list of names (of nirvana) only, a small database of G1 ponies released in Spain, including accessories and backcard stories. Here is the list:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yGEXaHfXt7om0va0rSdzirBZbAmH0Lyz-AAFIAMFCIk/

Edit: Added photo option to make the list more appealing! There are a lot of ponies that need pic, so picture donation is more than welcome!

Everything here are info I could verify with pictures found on internet. It's still in progress and there are a lot of gaps, so if anyone has any name, MOC or something not included here, I would appreciate it very very much if it can be added to the list! And if it go with a picture, the better! :heart:

Hope someone would find this interesting. If there is any suggestions to make it better, please let me know! It's the first time I do something like this.

ミ☆ ミ☆ ミ☆ ミ☆

Oh!! I also have a question about Spanish backcards. I found some backcard pictures that said they were made in Valencia-Spain (First Tooth Baby Ponies or Brush 'n Grow Ponies, for example) but I couldn't find any of these ponies, even in Spanish websites, with Spain or NC marking, just China or Hong Kong.

So my question is if there was some kind of mistake? or maybe some Spanish mixed with international ones?
Also unlike, some cards saying made in China, like Precious Pocket Ponies, some NCs have been found in them. So what is the truth? It really confuses me  :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:00:29 PM by Perikoala »

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish Names Database
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »
This is definitely the right place for nirvana! I can't help much, but there is a lot on ponies from Spain whether they are normal or piggy:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Spanish_Piggy_Ponies
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Spain
I'm not an expert, so that's the only real help I can give you. I hope it does help though :) Sorry if you already looked on the wiki!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »
I love this!

I have a vast collection of German pony names ^.^

I don't know if you have seen the nirvana gallery, but you might be able to fill some gaps. Here is a link:

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=216552

That's a good question regarding the backwards and the "made in Spain" mark on the card. It could be the ponies were imported and boxes in Spain then sold. Similar happened in Mexico with the Baby Seaponies, the Seaponies are HK made but in Mexican boxes.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Perikoala

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 03:54:04 PM »
This is definitely the right place for nirvana! I can't help much, but there is a lot on ponies from Spain whether they are normal or piggy:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Spanish_Piggy_Ponies
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Spain
I'm not an expert, so that's the only real help I can give you. I hope it does help though :) Sorry if you already looked on the wiki!

Glad I was not wrong! My Little Wiki was my main reference to do this list! But it never hurts to look at it again in case I missed something! ;)

I love this!

I have a vast collection of German pony names ^.^

I don't know if you have seen the nirvana gallery, but you might be able to fill some gaps. Here is a link:

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=216552

That's a good question regarding the backwards and the "made in Spain" mark on the card. It could be the ponies were imported and boxes in Spain then sold. Similar happened in Mexico with the Baby Seaponies, the Seaponies are HK made but in Mexican boxes.

Love pkw xxx

Uaah, German names! That sounds so interesting too *__* !

The nirvana gallery helped a lot, actually! I've been able to check some lovely MOCs I didn't see before. Wish there was backwards pictures too, though!

It makes sense that about Spanish boxes with imported ponies, I haven't thought about that! A lot of things about nirvanas seem so mystery to me yet!  :blush:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 04:07:25 PM »
It's not just the names, but their translations and the fact sometimes characters are different! Many of the names have unique cultural references as well.

I'm glad the nirvana gallery has helped ^.^ I've been trying to add pictures of the back of back cards where I can as they often have useful information such as place of manufacture etc.

I had another thought, ChrissyTree's sticker website has some Spanish stickers featured :)

https://mylittleponystickergallery.weebly.com/

What's frustrating is that not all the ponies actually got a backcard, in the the front was printed but not the back!! Or the card where two thin pieces glued together and over the years the card has become separated due to the glue degrading over time.

There are still a lot of nirvana mysteries out there :wonder:

Hopefully one of our other Spanish collectors will see this thread and be able to help out :)

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 04:22:13 AM »
I've been thinking for a long time that there's a need for more usage of the proper names of variants in the language they were sold in rather than the defaulting to English versions. It bothers me with Nachtlicht's set most of all, but it's really true here.

I probably don't have any names or information you need, I just wanted to encourage you :)

Also, the packaging and manufacturing situation seems to be a bit of a grey area with a lot of problems. I don't know if we will ever fully resolve this...><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 05:22:21 AM »
I've been thinking for a long time that there's a need for more usage of the proper names of variants in the language they were sold in rather than the defaulting to English versions. It bothers me with Nachtlicht's set most of all, but it's really true here.

I probably don't have any names or information you need, I just wanted to encourage you :)

Also, the packaging and manufacturing situation seems to be a bit of a grey area with a lot of problems. I don't know if we will ever fully resolve this...><

:lol: I know what you are thinking about ;)

I try to refer to my ponies by their "proper" or "given" names. I have even gone so far as to have little name labels round their necks.

I spend the rest of my time fighting with the auto correct when posting :( Also my dyslexic brain struggles with English spelling, let alone foreign spellings.

I have been toying with the idea of adding their "given" names (or at least the ones we know) to the Gallery. So far this has been done with the piggies ^.^

But of course, there are conflicting names when it comes to some ponies......... I learned this when doing collecting German names!

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 05:24:37 AM »
Point taken...Himmelstanzer has at least one other name on a pamphlet or advert I have.

Back on the topic of Spain, and to the OP I do have Molinillo on her card so I probably have an image of her backcard story somewhere if you want it and are willing to wait till I can dig it out of my files...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 05:27:14 AM »
Himmelssturmer :)

Moonstone has two names as well... Mondschein (moonlight) also mondfee (moon fairy)

The comic's throw up different names, as well as the pamphlets and advert :lol:

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 05:34:36 AM »
Himmelssturmer :)

Moonstone has two names as well... Mondschein (moonlight) also mondfee (moon fairy)

The comic's throw up different names, as well as the pamphlets and advert :lol:

Love pkw xxx

Himmelsturmer! That's it :D

It's a bit like Gingermolassesbread in the UK.

Gingerbread in all the comics.
Gingerbread on the bordered boxes (UK/Europe)
Molasses on the US (Woolworths imported) boxes.

Sigh.

Or Baby Moondancer but Baby Moondreamer in the pearly baby form.

Also true with Storm (Thundercloud) and Frosty (Ice Crystal) on Snuzzle's parlour tags. At least I think Frosty's from that, Storm certainly is. Not to mention the muddling up of the Sundae Best names here (and possibly in the US), the fact Hula Hula is a total different pony between here and the US...and many other bizarrities. (I don't think that's a word).

Also in German, I know it's Baby Hopsi but adult Hopser. O.o. I have Italian Hopscotch on a German card and Hopser is her name there :/ But on Baby CJ's card, which I also have, Baby Hopscotch is Baby Hopsi and that parallels with the German booklet I have too :/
Also Baby Blumchen (buttons) but I think Blumchen is Posey?

If Spain follows that pattern then I guess it will be a complex untangling of info. BUT no reason not to do it. More European (NOT UK) information is really needed up online somewhere. There are bits and pieces but there needs to be one concentrated location that people can add to :/

Spanish ponies are really interesting the more I look at them. But it might be I'm just seduced by those stunning rainbow cards :/ I really need that card *sigh*.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 10:13:44 AM »
:lol: I think we need to give cookies to the OP!

Once again it is a whole tin of worms :P so many names depending on where you live, what release you got, which comic/leaflet you read and so on.

I might just check over the nirvana gallery again ;) There are come a feel I can update perhaps.

Love pkw xxx

Offline Perikoala

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 02:38:52 PM »
Sorry for the inactivity! But I'm back and I updated the list with more names and stuff. Thanks, Pinkkittywinks for the help! ♥ Is just so cool you've made something similar with German ponies, is it posted somewhere that can be seen or is it personal?

Taffeta, I'd love to see Molinillo's card! I don't mind waiting. Thank you so much!!  ^.^

Speaking about different names for the same pony, it happened with a few Spanish ponies too. Like Baby Bow Tie is called Baby Lacitos in the Baby Pony Stroller set and single is Bebé Regordete (Baby Chubby lol).
Lemon Drop is named Lluvia but with the second release of Show Table is called Gotitas... ??

Making the list I noticed that they also gave the same name to different ponies, so Li’l Pocket and Little Giggles are both Risitas, Hopscotch & Play-Time are Juguetón so yeah.. I think they didn't notice or even cared to repeat names  :P

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »
No problem ^.^

I've never actually shared it publicly as it was just a private project. I also discovered this website has many if not all listed ;)

http://mkp.pytalhost.de/g1/jahre/starterscheinung.html#1982

It doesn't surprise me to hear that some of the Spanish ponies got two different names!

Baby Bowtie did get two releases, I do recall seeing her MOC as well as with the stroller.

Wasn't Baby Lemondrop sold on a card as well as with the stroller too? I know I've seen her MOC recently as Leikin received one (badly damaged)

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »
Here's my Molinillo and her story up close :)
Spoiler

And confirming the back of the card is the same for Italy Parasol with the 2nd set hair.
Spoiler
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Perikoala

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
Thank you, Taffeta!! Added to the list. Omg, your Molinillo is lovely! I wonder if Molinillo in "Arco Iris" card shares the same story or is a different one/nothing at all? Can't wait to find it!

That such an interesting link, pinkkittywinks, thank you! I have to check it with properly in my free time  :read:
I've never seen Baby Lemon Drop with the stroller in a Spanish box, just the regular UK/Euro MOB and as far as I know the only stroller released in Spain was the pink one with NC Baby Bow Tie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal