collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Netflix series: Toys That Made Us  (Read 10127 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Netflix series: Toys That Made Us
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 05:49:02 PM »
Mum and me liked these episodes, watching the last one now this one doesn't really relate to us here in the UK, don't think it ever made it big here.

Apparently transformers & lego will be in the second half of this season.

They have also said if they get a second season My little pony is top of their list  :blink: :frolic: really hope they get a second season.
Quick! Everyone email them saying we want season 2!! :whoa:

Go on their Facebook page. You will see a post about MLP they are replying to comments, they know lots of people want to see an MLP episode.
It won't be down to them if they get season 2 though, probably netflix as its a netflix original? So would probably need to write into them i guess.
There is a lot of hype about this series though not just on here either. Still 4 more episodes to come too.  :biggrin:
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »
I've never been a Barbie fan but the insider information was fascinating. How about Legos.

The next four episodes are apparently  LEGO, Transformers, Hello Kitty, and Star Trek.

Kinda disappointed there is no mention (yet) of MLP, Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake-  seems like they are doing one "girls line" for every three "boys lines"

I’d love to see Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, Care Bears etc...

I hope we see Season 2 and more toys.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 05:39:54 PM »
I watched this a week or two ago on Netflix and I thought it was great! It was very interesting to see what went into making some of these brands and how close they were to not being a thing at all. It is strange to imagine what the world would have been like without Barbie.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 08:51:15 AM »
They have not been picked up for a second season yet, but the second half of the first season should drop soon (I hope). The Rock just endorsed them/gave them a plug, so hopefully that will increase views/interest and we will get another season. I have been following them on FB fora while now and they are very responsive to fans. I keep suggesting MLP and SSC episodes.

Offline SundanceSadie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 09:09:32 PM »
I'm so glad to see that others have discovered this little Netflix gem too!

I'll admit it...I binge watched it   :blush: and hoped the entire time that the ponies in the intro were a sigh of things to come  :biggrin:
It seems I wasn't the only one  ;)

I've always been fascinated with the back stories and intricate details of how things are created/built. I recommended my hubby watch it...we ended up binge watching it a second time  :blush: :blush: lol

He thought it was incredibly well done as well and especially enjoyed seeing how all the deals were made, or not. Some of our beloved childhood characters came crazy close to never happening!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2018, 01:40:12 AM »
I loved hearing about how the creator's imaginations work.

Desperate for a MLP episode as are we all I'm sure! The one I liked so far was Masters of the Universe. 
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2018, 07:45:16 PM »
I just binge watched this show since I don't have Netflix and I'm visiting my parents who do.  I though it was really interesting and fun.  Of course, I hope they do MLP and other girls brands also.  Just so long as they give it the same level of respect and love as they did these first episodes and *dont* spend too long on FiM or bronies.

After watching it, I was looking for more info and ran across this article

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/the-toys-that-made-us-to-make-a-great-toy-documentary-embrace-jackie-chan/

Most notable is this portion

While no second season has been announced yet, Volk-Weiss is confident he has oodles of additional material if Netflix wants to move forward. He says the reaction has been extremely positive from both collectors and non-collectors, and plenty of fans have been reaching out to him about plenty of other toys—Hot Wheels, Power Rangers, WWF figures.

“If I’m ever found dead in a ditch at some con, ask the president of the My Little Pony fan club for an alibi,” he jokes. But if things do move forward, there’s a clear first episode for any hypothetical season two.

“Turtles [as in Teenage Mutant Ninja], without a doubt, is what people asked about the most,” Volk-Weiss says. “People were repeatedly asking me, ‘Why would you do a Star Trek episode and not a Turtles? I’m pretty sure if I was watching the show I’d be wondering that, but I did Star Trek because I love Star Trek. I didn’t know if I’d get more episodes, and I wanted to do Star Trek.”

So what was that comment about?  Did he just pull MLP out of the air?  Was he referencing someone specific?  Or has he been hearing from a few more forceful fans?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2018, 12:21:21 PM »
Oh these sounds very interesting, we are thinking of getting Netflix again in the next few months. I wonder if they will still be on there?

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »
It's original content financed by Netflix, so I doubt they'd take it down.  They own the rights.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2018, 08:47:09 PM »
I just binge watched this show since I don't have Netflix and I'm visiting my parents who do.  I though it was really interesting and fun.  Of course, I hope they do MLP and other girls brands also.  Just so long as they give it the same level of respect and love as they did these first episodes and *dont* spend too long on FiM or bronies.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/02/the-toys-that-made-us-to-make-a-great-toy-documentary-embrace-jackie-chan/

While no second season has been announced yet, Volk-Weiss is confident he has oodles of additional material if Netflix wants to move forward. He says the reaction has been extremely positive from both collectors and non-collectors, and plenty of fans have been reaching out to him about plenty of other toys—Hot Wheels, Power Rangers, WWF figures.

“If I’m ever found dead in a ditch at some con, ask the president of the My Little Pony fan club for an alibi,” he jokes. But if things do move forward, there’s a clear first episode for any hypothetical season two.

“Turtles [as in Teenage Mutant Ninja], without a doubt, is what people asked about the most,” Volk-Weiss says. “People were repeatedly asking me, ‘Why would you do a Star Trek episode and not a Turtles? I’m pretty sure if I was watching the show I’d be wondering that, but I did Star Trek because I love Star Trek. I didn’t know if I’d get more episodes, and I wanted to do Star Trek.”

So what was that comment about?  Did he just pull MLP out of the air?  Was he referencing someone specific?  Or has he been hearing from a few more forceful fans?
Very interesting. That sounds like the work of Bronies, honestly. I mean, maybe we have some people here who have been pestering them? It sure isn't me, though (but now that you mention it, I think I could do some pestering...).

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2018, 06:29:41 AM »

Very interesting. That sounds like the work of Bronies, honestly. I mean, maybe we have some people here who have been pestering them? It sure isn't me, though (but now that you mention it, I think I could do some pestering...).

It could be.  It just seems odd since this show so clearly focuses on the original creation of the toys, and less on the media.  I guess if and when they do a mLP episode and half of it focuses on FiM then we will know.  Hmm, maybe we should do some pestering.  Leading off with the dangers of anachronism!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:33:33 AM by Sunset »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 08:42:24 AM »

No way is he talking about FIM or Bronies-  FIM ponies are NOT the "Toys that Made Us" -

Maybe all the people on the facebook page asking for My Little Pony

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12:57 AM »

No way is he talking about FIM or Bronies-  FIM ponies are NOT the "Toys that Made Us" -

Maybe all the people on the facebook page asking for My Little Pony

I think there have been a few that have contacted him regarding MLP.  I know I did and got a response back saying, it would definitely be a possibility if they get another season.  Netflix would be crazy not to do another season.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2018, 11:03:52 AM »
Just saw on Facebook that the show was renewed for a 2nd season.  I'm really hoping that MLP is one of the first episodes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal