Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

Ideas to secure a tippy Breyer model horse?

(1/4) > >>

Leave a Whisper:
I just got Breyers beautiful Rhapsody in Black. She's on the Weather Girl mould, which is notorious for tipping over and I so don't want her to domino the rest of my horses.

Does anyone have any tricks or advice on securing a horse that doesn't stand well on its own please?

tulagirl:
Yes ticky tack works beautifully.  Roll it into a small ball and make one for each hoof.  You can also make the little ball bigger for a stronger stand.  Sometimes grocery stores, office supplies and hardware stores have it.  I use it in my dollhouses to hold everything down to the dressers and cabinets, as well as, the walls.  I use it also on my miniature glass figures that like to fall over and break. 

Leave a Whisper:
Thank you tula. That's a great idea! I'll hafta go looking for it.

firestar0629:
It might seem silly, but things like Play-Doh or Silly Putty also work really well. If you put anything on the bottom of your horses' hooves, you'll want to make sure it's not too sticky, or it could strip the paint. I have a Breyerfest exclusive Weathergirl (Jasmine!) who is my pride and joy, and I'm paranoid about paint rubs, so I used a tiny bit of polymer clay to anchor her.

Leave a Whisper:

--- Quote from: firestar0629 on December 27, 2017, 06:53:49 PM ---It might seem silly, but things like Play-Doh or Silly Putty also work really well. If you put anything on the bottom of your horses' hooves, you'll want to make sure it's not too sticky, or it could strip the paint. I have a Breyerfest exclusive Weathergirl (Jasmine!) who is my pride and joy, and I'm paranoid about paint rubs, so I used a tiny bit of polymer clay to anchor her.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't seem silly to me. Thank you. I'd love to see your Jasmine please?  :heart:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version