collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 19813 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2018, 11:57:42 PM »
Great mailbox, Kiwi!  :)

Sorry for not posting much, lots going on...

Spoiler
Mum went to hospital to get an epidural (injection in her spine) to attempt to dull some nerve pain that is affecting her walking. Lots of pre-op prep earlier in the week involving sterilising her skin daily, fresh bed sheets + towels daily etc... I will drive over this morning to see how she is, but so far so good...

Lots of quick visits to the old house to check that the heating is on (it has hovered around -1 degree C outside for the past couple of weeks and a warm house is more inviting to prospective buyers!)

World book day next week - been stitching together a little costume for my kid, it is a bit macabre so I have had to tone it down so that the other kids don't get nightmares - she is going as Blue Beard's last wife  :cool:

Oh - and I have been at my old gym this week! 4 sessions so far, another scheduled for Sunday morning... it's like I never left them! Tiny bit sore but not too bad as I have been pacing myself - no point giving it 110% and then pulling a muscle! Happy to report that I can still do a few chin ups - but 4 is my limit at the moment  :lol: need to re-build my strength but I'm getting there! Slow + steady is STILL progress. I have booked up all my main classes in advance up to June, so far, with scope to add any extras ones if I feel the whim... Summer will soon be here and I want to fit in my nice clothes again without wobbling!  :lol:

I have had to adjust my day to start early + go to bed early in order to fit my gym - need to be out of bed by 5am to get ready, eat + then drive there. Getting home by 7:25 means that I *just* miss the crazy commuter traffic across town, leaving it too late means I can't get back in time for the school run!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2018, 08:10:11 AM »
Wow, you are productive:) way to go:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 23, 2018, 10:50:06 AM »
Thanks, CG!

I starting seeing funky lights in my right eye today - booked an emergency eye test - so far all looks OK, still have a headache.

Due to go again on Thurs for pupil dilation and repeat of my eyeball scans/photos.

Because I thought I would be pupil-dilated today I left the car at home + walked the 3 miles in the cold... so I burned some extra calories to offset my oven-baked fries this evening  :cool:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2018, 03:20:28 AM »
Good luck with eye exam, Glitterball!

---

Looking over how I've done with my goals this week, it's been a bit patchy. My routine had a huge spanner thrown in it and there's been pointless drama that drained my energy a bit, but it hasn't totally ruined my weekend, where it might have done a while back.
I might need to set a goal for daily meditation again and actually track it because I've only done that a couple of times this week. Haven't been doing much on the violin either, so my aim for next week is to engage with it properly rather than just going through the motions. I have been getting suitably fired up on the guitar and have learned some new things, could really do to afford the violin that same level of enthusiasm.
In terms of varying my diet a bit more, I changed my usual combination of vegetables a bit and took the time to cook some nice fish seeing as I was stuck round the house for the better part of two days. During the afternoon yesterday, I did pretty much dive out of the house just to catch the last bit of sunshine and go for a direly-needed walk, it was quite refreshing.
And my sleeping patterns are still a mess. That's partly where I reckon actually sticking with daily meditation would be useful, both in the mornings and at night, but for some reason my head can't reconcile just sitting down and relaxing for a while.
Could really do to get some art done as well, the wind has really gone out of my sails on that one but at the same time, I need it to come from a place of wanting to do it, rather than feeling like it's an obligation, so I may just leave that until the actual desire to put pen to paper comes back around.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2018, 06:40:07 AM »
That's a great idea with art....and I might need to do that with my knitting. Make it more of a desire. Verses a chore/habit.

Great news. My husband took a different position at his work. He is being recognized for his talents, and I am so happy for him:) he really needs this. For me that means no move anytime soon!!!!!!  We might actually get our own place, no more in-laws basement, I can advertise music lessons, I am so excited. I sadly have to keep my second job until March 31st. My temp job comes to an end. I have not heard if I will be hired on yet. Until I get paperwork to stay on nothing is a guarantee. This temp job has options to work from home. It would be my dream!!! I get so stressed out with people and drama at work. I would love to wake up, do my job and no issues. Sigh one day at a time.

It makes me realize that sometime you have to let it out. I did a what's your problem post and I really did get negative out and not festering inside.

My other goals could use some work, but I am pushing through. Each day is step in the right direction, even if I go backwards
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2018, 09:50:27 AM »
I hit my water goal yesterday, still haven't worked out this week.

One of my callers (I do internal tech support for a financial institution) mentioned that the smell of fried/sugary foods is repulsive to her after going keto. That happened to me after I went paleo for two weeks. I miss that state of being. It was great to be able to say "I don't want the donuts" and mean it because they smelled bad to me, instead of "I don't want the donuts" while fighting the craving. It inspired me to keep going instead of chowing down on Girl Scout cookies.

My two big goals for this weekend are to reclaim the living room and to file my taxes. I always put off filing until March or later, even though it only takes about 30 minutes to complete. I really want to get it done in February this year. Plus that means the refund comes sooner!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2018, 08:57:51 PM »
I got my tax return so I decided to print all the photos from the last 10 years so I can start scrapbooking them (which was one of my goals on the last round if I remember correctly).  I put in my order on walmart.com and it was pretty huge (almost 7000 pictures, but that's really only 700/yr which is approx 2 pictures/day so considering all the trips I took to Disney World, Universal Studios, New York, and several Comic Cons--some trips had over 1000 pictures just for that 1-2 week period--it's really not as many as it feels like.  I saw a lot of fun stuff.).  Anyway, the site advertises shipping to home in 3-5 business days.  Well...my order was so big that my shipping option was free if I was willing to wait for it to come March 5th.  Since I'm not in any hurry, that's what I went with.  The funny part was that if I wanted it by Feb 28th, the shipping was $54,000.00. If I wanted it by the 27th it was $74,000.00.  How insane is that?  Literally more than 100 times the cost of what I was getting.
:drunk: :money: :lmao:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2018, 06:47:53 AM »
Wow that is some shipping costs :shock: but glad you made it. Feburary is almost over, and we end March 31st!! Keep it going:) knitting today is about the most I will get done today, but I have to finish a project, and my time is going to be so limited as my second job is treating me like it's Christmas hours, and I have a play I am in coming up. So I better finish up:) they have been waiting for their items for awhile.

Post Merge: February 25, 2018, 12:09:34 PM

So I need to take knitting breaks from time to time. And this is what I made.

url=https://flic.kr/p/23Axp2Q]visitors can't see pics , please register or login
[/url]3F9EC7A0-6DD9-45A5-AEC4-46106FCE27D8 by s s, on Flickr

url=https://flic.kr/p/23jaxqz]visitors can't see pics , please register or login
[/url]103459E8-0C5F-4601-8BFB-D1E1E371D568 by s s, on Flickr

I can do any doll size:)

This one has sold.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:09:35 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2018, 07:24:39 AM »
Pokeyonekenobie, those are some serious shipping costs! :lol:

Crowning Glory, that outfit looks fabulous! :D

--

My main goal for this week is scuppered right out of the gate; I got mixed up while tuning the violin (thanks yet again to lack of sleep), the A string has snapped and it's pointless getting a replacement on its own, seeing as I'm not particularly enjoying these Prelude strings - they sound very clean, which isn't bad per se, but I'm after a sound with a bit of texture to it. I can't afford a fresh set at the moment so it'll have to go on the back burner for a couple of weeks.
I think that incident got under my skin a bit because of the recent drama and it's also happened just after the scanner broke and I'm just like "Nothing else is allowed to go wrong right now." -_-
On the plus side, I did actually sit down and meditate for a few minutes this morning, going to try and get another little session in later on as well. Perhaps if I succeed in that, then I'll be a bit more focussed and there won't be any more violin string mishaps...

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »
Keep level headed, it's hard well it feels nothing goes right. Finally got needles order. They have been out of stock, and I finally got 1!!! Sigh. This is my last free Sunday, as I will work 3 jobs and a play. So apre time will be hard. I did try hard this week.

Lost track of my points, but I feel I did my best and I will reward myself. The trick will be to have time and get it. I just got a commission for a knit project...my second one:) they know I have to finish a pillow before I can work on theirs:)

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »
No Gaelic. I spent 9 hours working on homework over the weekend. I have to get a vaccination today, so I can't do my flimsy wing contest photo today unless I really try. But I do hope to squeeze in some drawing in my wait at the doctor's at least. Ugh, why?!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »
I haven't gotten much painting done, but I did get a bunch of Pokemon Coloring pages uploaded to my DeviantArt page.  I still have more to put up. 

Here's an example:

(link to the rest of the gallery under the spoiler)

I'm working on getting all the Pokemon (which should keep me busy for a while).  Feel free to print them off if you want.  Eventually I'll get around to getting the Lilo and Stitch experiments done and uploaded, too.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2018, 01:08:38 AM »
Well, despite my overwhelming urge to hide indoors where it's warm, I ended up braving the cold a few times to run some errands and for that, I decided to go totally wild and treat myself to some sushi - 100% worth being belted by the wind and snow! I am actually staying indoors today, though.
Also picked up the slack on varying my diet a bit more, been doing more proper cooking with nice results and got back into doing porridge for breakfast because cereal does not cut the mustard in this weather.
And I gave some TLC to an old classical guitar which appears to have been an Attic Special in its time - even had to clean the inside of it! Turns out there was a really nice little instrument lurking under all that accumulated grot, but then I generally have a soft spot for Eko guitars. I played it for a little bit yesterday but today my aim is to sit down and play it properly, rather than just testing to make sure it's alright after being neglected for so long. :P

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2018, 01:12:01 PM »
I finally kicked myself in the butt to get something done - I cut out pieces for a few mailbox ornaments and card holders for the Church Bazaar this year. Now that they are cut out, there's no excuse for not getting some done!

I was feeling kinda energized after work yesterday (nice warm weather for a few days makes a huge change), so I cut those pieces, and also made a list for the weekend to get some stuff done that aside from being lazy, there's no reason I can't get it done.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2018, 05:24:11 PM »
I've kinda been drawing. Gaelic, not so much. I've been reading about grammar a bit though.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal