collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20026 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #165 on: January 16, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »
I totally use sugar as a pick me up and when I get board.

I write down all the things I want to do in a day. I give myself a point for the thing I complete. It can be as simple as changing the litter box, or complicated like tracking my calories. If I do it I get a point. If I don't do it that is ok, just no points. Now if I pig out on 5 candy bars, or buy a bunch of toys or extra good, I write down what I did and how many points I loose.

Since this is written down, I kind of have to reflect. Maybe someone invited me to a lunch and I went overboard. Well maybe 5 points lost. verses me sneaking off and having a happy meal. I might take 20 points off.

I do also point awards. If I do multiple days in a row piano I might give my self 10 extra points.

This is how I keep fooling myself with rewards:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2018, 05:48:20 PM »
I had a very stressful event concerning my dog Sunday(She was very very sick) and am finding it hard to get back in to Healthy Pony. I have walked 3 times around the mall yesterday and about 2 1/2 rounds rounds today.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2018, 07:27:11 PM »
Whuff, it's been a while.

Safflower, I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm doing a 2 steps forward, 1 step sideways sort of dance. I do really well with eating, but lousy with exercise. Then I'll do lousy with eating, but I'll find myself deep cleaning the kitchen or something. I'll have a great workout, then sabotage my sleep schedule so thoroughly that I sleep in until 9 the next day (disclaimer: I get up at 4:30 regularly due to living 25 miles from work and having the opening shift).

Still, I'm down another 1.5 lbs and I feel like my pants are fitting better? I alternate between 2 and 3 notches on the belt, so I feel like there's progress... just not a lot of regularity.

Still, I'm determined to keep going!

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »
No Gaelic or art today as when I got home from school (around 4:00 pm) I then viewed the Arena a bit. I expected to have an hour of homework, but nope, I had three. What joy it is to do homework until 7:30 and then eat dinner! :mad: This is a recurring problem in my school. Everyone always has two to three hours of homework but the school just flat out denies it and says that you only have ten minutes per class and that should be under an hour.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2018, 05:09:18 AM »
Today has been successful so far!
- Braved the cold and went out into town (it's still too chilly for the countryside but it was probably a bit dense on my part to make that a goal in January of all the times - case in point, it's just started lashing down a load of sleet outside!)
- Made friends with the violin, near-enough got it in tune and managed to improve on some exercises (I'm thinking part of it is the strings settling down but the tuning pegs themselves seem a bit off-kilter - they're either really slippy or really stiff)
- Actually succeeded in finding three jobs to apply for! They're only part-time but they're relatively local, so it's a start.
Currently enjoying my reward of curling up by the heater and watching a bit of Clangers. :D

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2018, 05:15:31 AM »
Oh no ponyfan.hugs to your fur baby. They come first. Hugs.

My life is limbo between jobs, car issues, a play, it's a mess right now. I am ok just feel I have no control:p
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2018, 03:43:16 PM »
Still plodding away with my custom order. And been keeping up with daily posts, although some have been last minute things.

My other goals haven't been touched yet. I should work on cutting out the pieces so I at least have them ready to go.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »
Sometimes other things need focus:)

Car is in limbo. If it's fixed...yeah but it could be worse and cost us over  $1000:( it's a mix frustration. I just took it in to be check for 1, and two when I noticed issues with it, hubby kind of ignored me or got mad at me....but it's my learning experience. In short it's my fault ...sorry just stress getting the best of me.

Still in temp job and part time job, I just want a permant job...its causing problems I know my stomach is hav in ng issues and I clench my teeth. My partime job messed up my availability so I might loose hours and with looming car payment/repair....blah

Sorry I just needed to pour out. It will get better at some point, just want to know when.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2018, 08:52:19 AM »
Today has been pretty successful as far as goals go.
Slept in for an extra hour, which was not so good, but once I did manage to scramble out of bed, I found three jobs to apply for right after breakfast, then went out into town to pick up some provisions for my housemate (he's off work with the dreaded man flu - seems well enough to keep mithering me for cups of hot chocolate though!!!) and in terms of trying out more different food, I got some little highland oatcakes that I can put cream cheese on for something quick and simple.
Also stopped by the library to get some more books to read at night; I'm aiming to limit myself to reading one or two a week, depending on length, rather than just racing through them like usual.
Got some guitar practice in, started learning a song I really like, only to find that it requires palm muting, which I haven't learnt yet. All the chords were there, but they sounded a bit bizarre, and that would explain why, so my next task is to get my head around that technique. For the sake of a little victory, I'm going to learn another finger picking pattern today as well.
But first... laundry. :/

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2018, 10:02:30 AM »
Not doing so hot. Ate a big extra today. I started to make a list for the rest of my week. Kind of a punishment to make up for the extra food.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
Hugs Crowning Glory.  Bless your heart.  We need to put 1000 in a car too and I can't see it happening at all.

I lost 2.5 pounds. I am super excited.  I guess I am doing something right.

Ponyfan I hope kitty gets better.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
Finally, now that school has started up for me again I can post in here with purpose!  ^.^
I slacked on checking what textbooks I needed because I had rented a few that were unnecessary last semester. I've already got a good handful of homework, and I haven't even started one of my classes yet!
Balancing work and homework will be a bit of a challenge, as this workload seems to be more hefty than last year.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »
Thank you Crowning Glory and Tulagirl. She’s doing a lot better today. I pulled/strained a muscle earlier today and walking is painful so no exercise today.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »
I've been sleeping a lot lately, to the point where I sometimes wonder if Something Else is going on. Lack of motivation, tired a lot, not interested in my passions.

So today, I decided I would clean, even just for 20 minutes, to at least be able to say I did something productive. And I did.

I relocated the ponies in one of my large bins to 3 smaller bins (testing a new storage system), used the larger bin for 2 of the playsets clogging up my living room (it's an 80s explosion in here) and put them away instead of leaving them out.

It feels REALLY good to have that task done, that space back, and the knowledge that I worked towards one of my goals today. Ridiculously good. I'm going to give myself 10 minutes of fun, then tackle one of those invisible corners that is so much more pronounced now that the large bin/small bins/pony stuff is out of the way.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
That is wonderful Shatyr. I always feel really good about cleaning something too.  I don't have any of my ponies out anymore either.  Although I do have a small few up on a shelf due to lack of room anywhere else for the little guys. So big huge congrats to you.

Ponyfan that is so painful.  I am dealing with that also.  I can walk around but my arms are not very useful at all and my neck hurts a lot along with the middle of my back.  You have my sympathy as it is extremely painful. Hugs

Good luck with school Tailrustedtealeaf

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal