collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 19938 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2018, 04:52:10 AM »
Wow, I never got an update that pony people posted....bummer. I will have to take a moment and catch up.

I am really depressed and my confidence is shot. This is the last month for my temp job, and I could drop to only one part time job. I am just scared to be miserable ad I am not fond of either job, but I need a job:p

So if you have a chance post a picture of something that gets you excited, happy, smile, in a positive perspective, it can pony non pony pets projects, just need to lift my spirits as I spend my last free day this Sunday apply g for jobs.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2018, 07:00:53 AM »
So my massive order of photos arrived yesterday.  In case you're wondering 6800 pictures weighs 68 lbs. (Good thing they put them in two boxes)  :lmao:  I can only imagine what the people boxing them all up thought. :lol:

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2018, 07:11:25 AM »
Oh, I actually have something positive! My huge project that has been soaking up my time like a sponge is due next Tuesday, and I only have a couple extra drawings left :D This means I won't be working on homework for a couple hours every night, so I can actually have energy left and I can draw and practice Gaelic without it being a chore. Yay!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »
Yeah, some uplifting news...and boxes...hehehe. so I order needles that broke and they sent me the wrong part. I was sad. They did send me free wood needles, so its hard to complain. But the needles I need were in stock today and I grabbed the whole stock....i thinking I need to frequent this site and keep a stock pile.

Keep positive flowing...i am trying do hard not to cry at work
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2018, 09:02:32 AM »
I read somewhere that crying can help balance a person's emotions, because the tears contain the overload of emotion hormones or something. Basically, the reason you feel emotionally flat after crying is that tears get rid of the excess hormones. The article was a lot more interesting and had some good points.

But I get red and puffy and congested from crying, so I tend to avoid that option as well. Especially at work. I hate crying at work. Although it makes my supervisor way awkward and that's always fun to watch.

On the good news side of things, I got some pony mail this week. Most of the ponies I had already, but there's an upgrade to my Flower Bouquet and a lunch box that I adore. I'm hoping the next set will have an upgrade to my Up Up And Away (chew marks, poor thing), but I won't know for about a week.

I started using DuoLingo for Irish/French/Japanese again and I'd forgotten how much I loved languages. Hopefully that's a habit that will stick.

It's been beautiful weather here the past few days (it's supposed to be 70 today. It's barely March in Colorado and we're seeing 70 degree weather. Tell me again that climate change is a hoax -.-) so I'm hoping to spend an hour in the park tomorrow. If I can find a good spot, I want to take weekly pictures to show how things change over a year. I figure a time-lapse photo series would be a good thing to put together to remind myself that change takes effort and time working in tandem, not separately.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2018, 09:18:49 AM »
Love that photo idea:) I want to do that once my hubbi and I get our own place:) crying at home is ok, I hate it at work. I just put in a boat load of applications this morning for jobs. I hope something bites:)

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2018, 02:49:34 PM »
I've been seriously lacking inspiration to work on my art this week. I don't feel the inspiration but the project I'm working on now is something I need to finish to test the market on Etsy.  I have one more project I'm going to try to sell so I might shift focus to that one because it's a bit more fun but it's kind of based on my first project so I really should finish that one first anyway. Blah... When I'm inspired I can work for hours and hours but now I have to force myself to do at least 10 minutes of art a day, which is my very low set goal, just to make it a routine. But of course I haven't even kept to that routine because I've been telling myself I have other things to do. I need to get focused again. Goals aren't fulfilled by doing nothing. I'll never make something out of this if I don't commit to it. End of rant.

What do you do when you feel uninspired to work towards your goals?

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2018, 03:01:27 PM »
I take a break. Time away sometimes helps you feel refreshed

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »
I've heard that going back to fundamentals can help with art block?

I know when I get to that point with cross stitch, doing Teresa Wentzler designs, I pick up one of those 2 hour ornament kits and do that instead. It usually helps.

Otherwise, I tell myself 5 minutes, or 5 things, or 5 reps. By the time I've hit the end of the 5, I either keep going because I've already started and I might as well finish it or I've seen enough progress that I get excited to see the end results.

...and now I want to 5 minute clean the kitchen before the next episode of my marathon. Dishes ahoy!

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 04, 2018, 01:09:23 AM »
Been engaging in a few new projects for this month :) I'm working on my WIP custom (it's been 2 years since I touched it!), editing some videos together, attempting to write a story (not much yet but hey, it's been only 3 days) and even dabbed a bit in animation :p. So far so good, although I should pay more attention to my school duties again. But I'm doing good in those too, I think... I just gotta keep going!

Offline SwirlyWhirly

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Born in the year of the My Little Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 04, 2018, 04:06:11 AM »
I take a break. Time away sometimes helps you feel refreshed

I've heard that going back to fundamentals can help with art block?

I know when I get to that point with cross stitch, doing Teresa Wentzler designs, I pick up one of those 2 hour ornament kits and do that instead. It usually helps.

Otherwise, I tell myself 5 minutes, or 5 things, or 5 reps. By the time I've hit the end of the 5, I either keep going because I've already started and I might as well finish it or I've seen enough progress that I get excited to see the end results.

...and now I want to 5 minute clean the kitchen before the next episode of my marathon. Dishes ahoy!

Thanks for the tips. I think I'll take a break from my current art project and do something else instead for a while. Maybe some simple sketching on future projects instead.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #341 on: March 04, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »
Whew it has been a week for me!!! I have been working non stop and it is sadly not changing. I start practice for my theatrics play Monday. I was hoping my second job would back off, but no. I work almost 35 hours a week, a top my 40 hour week job, and they still call me to work on a day off!!! They still won't give me permanent full time.

My temp job can go out at any moment. I keep applying like they tell me, nut all I get is the position is already filled...sigh. I hope all the applications I sent in on Saturday will get me something.

I hurt my foot at work, but since this injury is from a past issue, I can't use my brace at work with out a doctors note. Even though this happend at work, it being a previous injury the job won't pay for it. I also have no time for a doctors appointment. Not sure what I will do.

This is our last month so let's make it count:)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2018, 07:37:33 AM »
That's super frustrating, Crowning_Glory. 

Ugh.  That's how my week was.  For more details, look under the spoiler.

Spoiler
Well I haven't gotten to do anything this weekend.  My parents went to my nephew's basketball regional finals games and left me to watch their ultra-needy dog.  (As I type this, he's sitting outside my closed door waiting for me to come out.)  If I try to stay in my room to work on anything, he will start to whine.  he thing is, he's smart.  He totally understands what I say, even though my mom doesn't think he does.  For example, yesterday I told him he could walk down to the mailbox with me IF he stayed with me.  He walked a little ahead of me but went right up to the mailbox and waited for me there.  Then he followed me back up to the house.  (We have a super long, steep driveway--down and up is .1 miles.) If he wants to run around outside at 2 in the morning, he'll whine.  At least, he did until I threatened to turn him into a fur coat if he did it again.  So he listens and he understands, which is why it ticks me off when he refuses to listen.  And if I'm not paying attention to him, he makes sure I can't get anything else done, either.  If I try to walk on the treadmill, he'll sit there and bark at the treadmill, making it impossible to enjoy exercising.  We can't go for a walk outside because it's been snowing non-stop and even if it wasn't he pulls on the leash and there are too many interesting smells to let him stay off the leash outside my yard.  If he was a small dog it wouldn't be an issue but he's a malamute and harder to control, especially with my bad knee.  Yesterday, I tried to shovel the sidewalk and he kept jumping ON the shovel so I couldn't do anything. I even accidentally hit him with it a few times (because he kept jumping right in the way) and that didn't stop him.  (Good thing I have nice neighbors who came to shovel my walk after I gave up--even though it's snowing again and you can't tell it was shoveled in the first place.) So I've let him outside and then back inside.  And then outside.  And back in.  Out.  In. And in between (read as "while he's been outside for five minutes or less at a time") I've managed to vacuum and dust.  That's it for the last four days.  I hope the stupid snow storm lets my parents come home today because I seriously need time to work on things.  It's weeks like this that make me wish rent wasn't so expensive around here.  Unfortunately, since there's a college nearby, they charge out the wazoo for a shared room smaller than the one I get for free at my parent's house.  So until I get paid more or until I move away I'm stuck babysitting Captain Needypants whenever my parents decide to visit my sister, which is a lot more often lately.  It's been so long since I got to paint that the water I had to rinse my brushes in evaporated. :rant:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 06, 2018, 10:29:55 AM »
Well, the past few days have been... something. :faint:
I'm going to make good on my original goal tomorrow and go for a walk in the forest, it ought to clear my head a bit (and the wind seems to have died down, so it ought to be safe to go up into the hills.)
I've decided to set the violin to one side for a couple of months to work out how I feel about it and weigh up if it's worth going back to it. I'm too stressed to handle that issue at the moment. Still quite happily working away on the guitar, slowly inching towards barre chords, which I've been avoiding like the plaque for ages.
And I'm still keeping up with varying my diet, actually quite enjoying making different things every day. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 06, 2018, 10:54:14 AM »
Has anybody tried the Fluidity Barre workouts?  I watched an infomercial the other day and now I want to know if anyone has had any success with it before I decide to try it because it's kind of expensive.  You start with a trial for $14.95 but then you have 5 monthly payments of $95.00. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal