collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20037 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2018, 06:01:21 AM »
Sometimes I wish I could give everyone big hugs. All of you try so hard, and some greats and sad falls, but in alk you all are trying. I need to tell myself that too.

We will not make our goals right away, but we are working at it and it might not be 3 months, but it will be someday.

Trying to forgive myself a bit for this boo boo week.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2018, 07:28:26 AM »
Things are alright so far. Slowly adding more veggies on my diet, but not doing much exercise because I'm supposed to be studying. Still have to compile that recipe book for my own. On the other hand, I drew a full picture for a zine and dabbed a bit on animation. Nails are still doing good, growing slowly but steady; and when it comes to managing emotions, I'm still struggling but I think I'm doing better than, let's say, 2 years ago.

This subject is relatively easy? I mean I take a look at it and say "yes I understand all of this" but then I risk going blank when the real deal comes.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »
If it is any consolation, I have been eating chocolate this week - not too much but much more than normal (I hardly ever eat it, but I have suddenly got a craving for it - and no, I am not expecting a baby!) Perhaps I am due hormonal stuff soon... I am so irregular anyway that I am never sure!!

Spoiler

No gym - too busy with house clearance, which takes priority.

Not heard back from buyer solicitors yet, so no date suggested yet for contract exchange / completion. My solicitor gave a rough timescale of 4-6 weeks to sort my stuff out, but the sale may take longer, so I have given myself a 4 week limit to do as much as I can. I still have a small amount of decent furniture "decorating" the house which, once we receive a contract date, I can work around with a local charity for them to come and collect the furniture.

Phew so much done this week, the garage at the old house is *nearly* done!
After miserable weather, today has been sunny + glorious (a bit cold in the morning, but fresh later on)

Everything has been sorted into piles.
Dad has got a a free 12-trip permit for his trailer.
I have taken an ornamental bench, display cabinet and leather swing-chair over to my Dad's for him to restore (summer project for him to keep him out of mischief!)

Next week: the final week until everything is done - I hope LOL!!

take each pile in turn to the dump -
lots of broken wood,
lots of metal (Dad will get money for this!)
general trash
hard plastics
garden: lots of plastic plant pots to collect + either donate to some gardening org or dump them.

:)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 08:37:27 AM by glitterball »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2018, 09:42:50 AM »
You got alot done Glitterball, wow
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »
Thanks, Crowning_Glory13, I deserve a cheeky curry tonight!  :lol:

Just had a call from my husband - he was chatting to the gas supplier and it appears they accidentally cut off the supply to the old house during recent scheduled works... hmm waiting for them to get back to us to see if they need us at the house while they re-connect.
We didn't notice 'cos we have a boiler that is both gas + electric (I don't understand how that works) but basically, when washing my dusty hands there, I get hot water on demand - I just assumed that the gas was firing up the boiler and doing its thing, but in fact it was all being heated electrically!   :shrug:

Ah, more stuff I'm supposed to worry about, but I won't let it!  :lol:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2018, 07:35:50 AM »
Howdy everyone.  This was not my best week. I got really upset about something and it threw me off.  I did read and stuff, but I ate ice cream one day and candy the other two days.  Today I am going back to normal.  One step forward two steps back.  I was supposed to go out of town Saturday morning and our plans changed with R2 was called into work on emergency.  So, I am leaving this morning.  Such a stress and a half.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »
Hugs on the stress level. I am in that boat too:(

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »
Aww, I'm sorry tulagirl :(  :hug:

The quarter ended though, so I am free doing homework all night! I will still have homework, but I will have free time :) I have been drawing a lot and creating concepts for the flimsy wing photo contest, which is always good :) I will definately practice Gaelic today too as I haven't practiced in over a week...

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2018, 09:12:44 AM »
i too am struggling... *sigh*  still in mind fog, my back is all twisted up, my carpal tunnel and tennis elbow are all inflamed and been so since last tuesday. 

also had one of those fun two day, nearly non-stop screaming "LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"-type spousal fights about useless stuff we can't change.

at least employment insurance FINALLY came through, in time for DH to pay all minimums and a mortgage payment to deplete the total amount less than 24 hours later.  gah!!!  I would like to have money I can actually KEEP in my bank account!

DH also has strained his neck.  So fun.

suffered all night with stomach pain and a wild bout of "have your period four days early for no reason!" on thursday.  then it stopped friday?  last BC pill was taken yesterday and I should be expecting more "fun" tomorrow but I have no idea what is going on, since there is zero chance of functional reproduction.  D: sorry TMI!

I feel everyone on the car repairs... auggggggggggh my sweet lady, our 97' Dodge 1500 Ram, she needs ~$10,000 in work done.  I just don't even know how we are going to do it! 
First is a new windshield, then the most expensive repair is, the entire exhaust system has to be reconstructed into a dual-exhaust system as we had a HIGH input air intake installed years ago, due to the wacky catalytic convertor always stalling out the engine.   LOVE THAT on the freeway!!!! 
And I am not even touching the body work and paint... she's a rust bucket now. and DH slid down a black ice hill into a wall last week so now there's a new ummmmmm..... "angle" on the back end.  LOL 

haven't been able to "catch up" on cleaning, cooking, planning or journal-keeping.  Not that I seem to do much besides stare at the internet...  :( 

and tomorrow I have an appointment with a psychiatrist that I DO NOT WANT!  I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do, I just know that she can't help me.  The intro appt did not go well, in fact, it went as I expected - the therapist told me she didn't want my DH coming with me, and he wasn't to be told of what was going on.  I told her that I would not consent to treatment that didn't involve him as a support (because he's my freakin' husband, hello!) and she rolled her eyes and handed me off to the appointment scheduler.  *sigh*

oh and my stepmom in law is coming over today ... while DH's at work, and I hate dealing with her as I never know what to say politely...  plus she is in town for a funeral...  and the house is trashed. 

Then we got a letter from the IRS claiming we owe them $12,000 USD... oh for heavens sake... I have sent them EVERYSINGLEFORM I can think of that is supposed to tell them, "living in Canada, working in Canada, paid in CAD, paid my CRA taxes, go away now".  I guess with the gov. shutdown going on, that is lower on my list of problems !  LOL No 4 hours on hold with the IRS! 

oh my job interview...  yeahhhhhhhh...  turns out the owner of the company was actually looking for volunteers.  He looked horrified when I clarified, that YES I had been PAID at my last job.  PAID!  Yes with insurance, retirement benefits, Employee Assistance Plan, vacation, sick and flex days!  Ya know, because it's a professional position!!!!  *facepalm* 

Back to the drawing board... if I can drag myself there...   :cry:

*hugs to everyone*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2018, 10:13:11 AM »
Let it out. This is why this forum is hear. A place to vent and feel secure with others struggling with you. When I want my husband involved I get strange looks too. You get married you are partners and you handle things together how is that an oddity? I look at this with all marriages, no one is singled out:) good luck, you may not reach your goals, but baby steps will get you there eventually:)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2018, 01:18:26 PM »
*hugs for everyone*

I've had a bit of downer weekend as well, although that was mainly down to anxiety, a bit of pointless family drama and the general public being horrendously ignorant (it's snow, not the end of the world!) There was also a job I wanted to apply for but the office has been closed all weekend, so I'll just have to hope that it's still available in the morning.
Still keeping on top of music goals at least, that's helping to calm me down a lot, although my dad shafted me on getting together to have a practice session, which didn't really help matters. I wasn't bothered that much about the music side of things, it was more about actually spending some flipping quality time together! :pout:
Kept up with journalling as well, made a point of writing in there that tomorrow is another day, the start of a new week, and a fresh chance to turn things around. Fingers crossed!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2018, 01:49:54 PM »
Next week will be our week. Hmmm myself included needs to start getting positive. Positive affirmation is an amazing thing.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2018, 02:10:52 PM »
Thank you for the well wishing tulagirl! Hopefully things perk up for you in the near future, you'll get to where you wanna be if you keep working for it.
I've been working on prepping a february drawing challenge so my goal of making an animatic or animation a month may have to be on hold especially as these classes seem to be more demanding than my fall semester classes.
Hopefully everyone has a better week, you just gotta keep making small steps towards your goal. Even if you don't quite get there, you're better than you were before you started perusing it.  ^.^

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2018, 02:40:21 PM »
I’m sorry everyone is struggling.

I took a spontanous walk around the neighborhood yesterday but this morning the hot water heater broke soaking the carpet which still isn’t dry. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »
Ponyfan, I am so sorry...:( bad poo happens and it’s ok to turn your focus. Sending hugs and hopes to you.

I thought I would share how I do points for myself. Might be an idea for others try.

Each day I write a list of what I want to accomplish on the day. I put my main four goals first and then other items. If I complete an item I get a point. If I do something naughty like eating extra food, I loose points depending on how mad I am at myself.

So this is my list for Thursday to Sunday. (I added days, as I was planning the rest of my week.

1. Piano
2. Walk
3. Food tracking
4. Clean shower
5. Vacuum
6. Knit
7. Update my eBay
8. Nails
9. Piano
10. Walk
11. Knit
12. Clean ponies
13. Update pony sales thread
14. Knitting notebook updated
15. Knit pony outfit idea
16. Find temp blanket notes
17. Walk
18. Piano
19. Fix second job hours
20. Dishes
21. Tracking
22. Tracking

Strike thoughts are items I did. Because it was Thursday to Sunday I repeated some tasks. So for these days I got 14 points. I got 6 points on Monday, 1 point on Tuesday, negative 1 point of Wednesday (I did a good list 4 tasks done but got an extra so I took away 5 points). I lost 10 points on Thursday for eating an extra second time in a row.

For the week I got a total of 24 points for the week. 24 / 7 days = 3.4 tasks per day. So I almost doubled my points like I hoped to do. Normally I would do a reward because I played piano more then before, but the extras came this week, so it completes my punishment:P yeah it can sound harsh, but it gets me to try.

My goal for next week is to reach an average of 2 tasks a day. Some of my rewards have been having treats like a piece of cake, or getting a pony, or I can work on a knitting project with new yarn...or even a lazy task free day:)  maybe something you might want to try:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal