collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20012 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2018, 03:15:41 PM »
I fear I shall be stressed out until about noon tomorrow as we are having evaluations at work.  This is the first time at this job that we've done them (I've worked here for about 5 years) but they were the absolute worst part of my last job so I am dealing with some PTSD stuff.  I keep trying to tell myself that it will be fine but considering that at my last job they told me during every evaluation that I was so terrible that nobody else would ever hire me and that I should be grateful to even have a job (and that was one of the nicer things they said to me), it's hard to keep positive.  I wish it was over with and I just want to curl up in the corner and cry.   :cry:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »
:hug: to everyone that could use one

Good luck LBS and Taproot with your interviews.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2018, 04:25:54 PM »
Thanks kiwi. Hugs to us all...together we can and will get through this. We will grow we will learn and will go through the path it takes us. Hugs to us all.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2018, 04:37:31 PM »
I have been so busy! I have been doing school and homework straight since Sunday. I haven't been doing my Irish lessons or drawing though :( I did half on Monday, nothing on Tuesday. Hopefully I can squeeze some in tonight, but maybe not, as I have to get my allergy shots which make me super tired! Gah, so busy!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2018, 08:05:47 AM »
You know, even though you can't do what you want this week, does not mean you have not acheived/build to your goal. Just jotting down what you didn't get done, kept the task in mind. You are still thinking about and working on the task. That is an accomplishment in its self. Embrace to tiny steps to the big ladder to the goal:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:21 AM »
I fear I shall be stressed out until about noon tomorrow as we are having evaluations at work.

That was mean of them to treat you so badly in your last job  >_< no wonder you are worried now. If it really was that bad, your supervisor/boss should have picked up on it earlier and encouraged improvement at the time rather than leave it until the eval to throw the book at you! The sign of a good manager is one how actually *manages* staff - i.e. notices niggles straight away and works together with you to get things on track - it may be something tiny and tedious, but in the long run it should help everyone know what they are doing.

Today
Spoiler
Wow, lots done again today, I can see sunlight through the back window now  :lol:
Sorted lots of piles of junk into their "type" i.e. wood / metal / small appliances / general trash etc. as these need to be disposed of in their dedicated bays at the dump.
The Buyer's surveyor turned up to survey the house - should have taken 1.5 hours but he was so interested in it that he spent 3 hours looking at all the quirks, it seemed to fascinate him. Friendly chap too, who assured me that should the sale fall through (unlikely) he would love me to contact him as he knows a few guys who would love to develop such a site. Ah, good to know!

My Mum's in hospital today, so Dad was with her for that, but I reckon I managed to do more today than when he was with me  :lol: but it is nice to have him there as it can get lonely there amongst the cobwebs and cardboard boxes  :(

Tomorrow: about 10 bags have been filled with general trash - I shall load up my car first-thing and dump that. Thereafter, load up the car with the various types of junk and dump them in turn while Dad either helps with his car or stays back + sorts through more old papaerwork/letters.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »
Thanks for everybody who gave me suggestions! Things are starting to shape up: I got hold of a food and exercise diary, because I think keeping track of these things will help me. But I'm not going to start making significant changes to my diet until I finish my exams (tomorrow!) I think I'll better set these as changes I plan to accomplish throughout the year  ;)

- Definitely more veggies, I have time periods in which I manage to eat them almost every day, but nowadays it is not as much  :huh:
- Only one portion of bread/pasta/rice per day (although I love them too much  :P )
- I already drink enough water, I think, but I would like to keep track of that too
- One of my last year achievments was exercising more often. I sometimes stop when life's busy but I think that overall I kept good track. I tend to use my static bike while watching TV programs or shows. Perhaps I should increase the intensity or find more ways to exercise.
- I would also like to compile a personal recipe book, with recipes given by family or friends, as well as yummy healthy things I can cook in a pinch

On the other side of things, I've been struggling trying to re-design a character, but now I think I'm close to the final version.

Is anyone planning any special kind of reward if they manage to accomplish their goals?

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2018, 04:19:27 PM »
I fear I shall be stressed out until about noon tomorrow as we are having evaluations at work.

That was mean of them to treat you so badly in your last job  >_< no wonder you are worried now. If it really was that bad, your supervisor/boss should have picked up on it earlier and encouraged improvement at the time rather than leave it until the eval to throw the book at you! The sign of a good manager is one how actually *manages* staff - i.e. notices niggles straight away and works together with you to get things on track - it may be something tiny and tedious, but in the long run it should help everyone know what they are doing.

The management at that job was terrible.  They not only made up lies about what I did or didn't do, they told me that I needed to seek medication for my "anger management" issues after I told them I was frustrated with the way I was being treated.  They made the paperwork look legitimate when they wrote me up (insubordination was their favorite word) but what they told me was that I was being written up for things like "yelling" at everyone (not sure how I had any voice left with how much yelling I was accused of doing), refusing to schedule community service workers (there was only supposed to be one person per shift and I was scheduling 4 per shift at the time but somehow still refusing to schedule anyone--you figure it out, I still can't), and refusing to "just give the community service workers their hours" (which is falsifying court documents, which is a federal offense.  Sorry, not having that on my record--I might need to gain high level security clearance someday--you never know) amongst other ridiculous claims.  My manager was convinced that I was after her job (not true-I don't want to be in charge of anything ever again thank you) so I was the scapegoat for 5 years and after I quit (without notice, I might add) four other women that I worked with did the same (at least 2 with no notice).  They didn't want to be next. 

I was able to tell my current director and manager (who were doing our 1/2 year evals) a little about what I went through and why I hated evaluations.  They were sympathetic (I admit that I cried a little from the stress of it) and the experience was pleasant.  Hopefully in the future I won't have any more panic attacks over it.

Anyway, now that I'm not stressed anymore I hope to spend the weekend painting and getting some commissioned piggy banks done. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:23:21 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »
You know, even though you can't do what you want this week, does not mean you have not acheived/build to your goal. Just jotting down what you didn't get done, kept the task in mind. You are still thinking about and working on the task. That is an accomplishment in its self. Embrace to tiny steps to the big ladder to the goal:)
This made me feel do much better! More things have stacked up that are not in my favor (more homework, a HUGE project in history, a party to plan, and some stuff at home like my grandparents near death and my mom flying to Missouri to go help them, and my mom has been flying in and out for the past couple of months). I'm half way between falling asleep and crying. I think this post will get me through the day. Was NOT expecting these things to happen. :freak: :wacko: :cry:
Sorry to be depressing!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:21 AM »
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm not 100% sure how the interview went as it was more of a chat, and I never really know what's expected of me there. Still, there are plenty of other irons in the fire if it doesn't work out.

As for my other tasks, I did learn a scale on the violin, albeit slow and clunky at the moment; it's the same problem as with changing chords on the guitar, I just need to get my left hand used to making the necessary movements.
My sleeping patterns have improved a bit as well, the trick with the old mp3 player seems to be working and reading before bed has probably helped, although I've already gotten through three of the books I got out of the library. Might've gotten a bit too engrossed in a couple of them.
Still didn't manage to get out into the hillside; would've done that yesterday but the interview was more important and there was really thick fog anyway. It would've been pretty foolish to be charging around steep slopes when it's impossible to see your own hand in front of your face!

Wishing everyone all the best for the weekend! :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:34 AM »
I was doing well but have had a setback due to health issues. I’m hoping I can get back on track next week.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2018, 04:48:01 PM »

Yea is it okay if we start over next week. I am having major issues?   Sigh  Ponyfan I am with you.  Royal nightmares going on.  Shakes head and runs in circles then back to the heating pad, ice pack and bottle of tylenol. Argh...the only thing I have been able to consistently do was read, memorize and everything else went into the trash can.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2018, 11:24:41 PM »
Dreamer - diaries are great for inspiring organisation  :)

Pokeyonekenobie - good to hear current management are listening to you! Enjoy your crafting time!

Safflower - woah hope your grandparents are ok? Don't be scared of the big history project - set aside a wall (or whiteboard or pinboard), lots of post-it notes + get busy with writing little soundbites / paragraph prompts to "sketch out" how your project will shape up. Breaking it down into these little blocks will make it easier when it comes to writing stuff up, plus it reminds you to include certain bits that you may otherwise forget!

Taproot - getting good vibes from the interview chat!  :cool:

Ponyfan + Tulagirl - get well soon and don't feel sad!

:hug: :hug:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2018, 08:52:12 AM »
I have all of this goal stuff in my Giant Household Excel Sheet of crazy.  Seriously I am trying to track expenses, food, shopping lists, to-do chores, pricing out home reno projects LOL  so it sort of functions like a journal?  I highly encourage documentation of some kind!!! 

Keep up the positive thinking everyone!  Even if it is just visualizing the life you want when you have no power to do anything about it - the dreaming is also good for you! 

I have also been in such a MEHHHHH state of mind lately which has not made my poor DH happy.  Usually I putter through my to-do list and keep ahead but it has been so hard lately.  I sit down and lose myself in reading a book or researching recipes...

January-11-18: Need to clean the kitchen. DD's playgroup. More job searching.
January-12-18: Reported to EI.  Made turkey stock.  Cleaned kitchen.
January-13-18: DD's bday party.  Expect nothing to get done except making a bigger mess :) Oh I cleaned the bathroom!
Today: hopefully more job applications! also have to get the house set to rights again post-party.  This mind fog, it MUST lift soon!!! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »
Thanks glitterball :) I will definitely use those tips!
Spoiler
My grandma died yesterday. Right now I'm just working with some clay and sculpting mini ponies, so at least that's art. I practiced some Gaelic yesterday though so that is something. It's hard right now. Being on the Arena is helping a lot since you guys are so awesome and kind here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal