collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mail Order Lemon Drop  (Read 1719 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Mail Order Lemon Drop
« on: December 19, 2017, 08:59:43 AM »
Was there a MO Lemon Drop or did i dream that?

It's just that I can no longer see it on MLW...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:04:19 AM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Mail Order Lemon Drop
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »
I believe she was released as part of the mail order Playset Ponies, which also included pink Sprinkles, Majesty, Baby Tiddly-Winks, and maybe one more, I can't remember.

However I'm not sure what mail order Lemon Drop looked like, because she has a lot of variations.

The Show Stable was also offered as a mail order several times, but I believe Lemon Drop was not included with those offers.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 09:52:04 AM »
I have a pony I believe to be MO Lemon Drop and her symbols are darker purple (as are her eyes) and "fatter"/more curvey. I just had a moment of uncertainty when I couldn't find her on MLW as I was sure I'd seen her on there before!  :)

I am currently trying to figure out how to put pics up on here from Flickr, so when I do, I will post a pic of my non MO Lemon Drop and my MO Lemon Drop side by side...
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:48:22 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The one on the right is the MO  :)

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »
I also recently came across the Made in China LD, with blush  :) Here she is...

Her "drops" seem fatter and curvier like her MO counterpart  :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 12:00:43 PM »
The thing about Lemon Drop is that she had a lot of Show Stable variations, as well as the mail order version.  I've seen Lemon Drops sold with the playset that had the lilac drops, the darker purple drops, and the darker purple curvy drops.

As if all this weren't enough, there are also variations on whether she has printing on two hooves or four hooves.

So two different Lemon Drops could be "mail order and normal variations" or it could be "two normal variations."  She's a mysterious pony. ;)

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
Oooh, good to know - I thought I had it pegged but...obviously not  :crazy:

I adore her though, whichever versions I have!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 12:49:20 PM »
I know MO Sprinkles (obviously) and Tiddley-Winks differ from the regular playset releases. I'd love to know if the others have any variation that make you able to spot them, or if they were simply left over stock. It took me forever to find a picture of mail order Tiddley-Winks, and I wasn't sure if there was any difference at first (what differed was the lack of freckles and her body's shade of pink). If only we could find a MIP mail order set!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 01:02:01 PM »
Was it something about stamping that made the mail order differ from the most?  :wonder: Where is mul-ta? We need a Lemon Drop expert here. :P

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »
About the only way to pin it down would be to find one that was still in the MO packaging.  I don't think I've ever seen one for Lemondrop but that doesn't mean it's not out there.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 05:22:58 PM »
Does this line of thought (about being able to tell an MO from a "normal" release) hold true for the other ponies, for e.g. Butterscotch, Minty, etc.? Or are their MO counterparts more obviously different?

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 06:10:13 PM »
Yes, but since they were produced for multiple years as both store offerings and Mail Orders, it's nigh impossible to nail one down as 'store' or 'MO' unless it's still in packaging or a childhood pony.  There are a few exceptions - the really dark pink Cotton Candies are reasonably certain to be mail order, for example.  The MO Collector sets were brighter and more saturated overall.  The difference is hard to see unless you put them side by side, and since there's no big change (vs. say the Alt Birthflowers and regular MO Birthflowers) there's not much difference in value nor a lot of demand for one over the other.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »
The really dark Cotton Candies actually are not guaranteed to be mail orders.  I know because my childhood Cotton Candy (Year 2 storebought concave foot) is one of the really dark ones. :P   (Or did you mean storebought instead of MO?)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »
Hm, I thought they were all suspected Mail Orders but I could be misremembering - it's been a long time since I looked into that particular can of worms!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 08:15:41 AM »
Hm, I thought they were all suspected Mail Orders but I could be misremembering - it's been a long time since I looked into that particular can of worms!

I saw it being tossed around as a theory but I never saw any evidence produced to support it.  I'm 100% certain my childhood Cotton Candy was storebought, I still have her backcard.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal