collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay: Exorbitant Shipping Costs - Resolved  (Read 3798 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay: Exorbitant Shipping Costs
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 07:00:50 AM »
Glad that things are working out!  :)  Keep us updated!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 07:05:41 AM »
I hope your case works out for you! Sometimes contacting eBay is all that it takes to figure out a solution. And maybe the seller will decide next time it's not worth it to try to make up the price by overcharging shipping.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 07:19:51 AM »
I am glad eBay could help out and that was nice of that other seller! Do keep us posted as you are able- hope it all resolves smoothly. :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 07:34:25 AM »
It's nice to see that eBay is helping you out a bit!
I actually see more of the opposite of what seems to be going on, I see a lot of people list things as free shipping for higher prices.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 05:16:58 PM »
I filed the case asking for a $23 refund. The seller would still profit nearly $7 from the actual shipping costs... Of course that would not cover the ebay & PP fees in full, but had they charged me a reasonable amount for shipping ($15-18) they would have paid less than $2 to ebay for shipping, but they charged $54 to ship  about 20 mixture of G1, G2 & G3 ponies in various condition from NM to baits. (ebay fees of nearly $5.50 for shipping alone)

I paid a bit over $80 total for all of these, but could (and should) have paid under $50. I have no problem paying $5-7/ pony if they were HTF or NM ones. More than 3/4 were pretty common and about 1/2 had some sort of issue.

Now the buyer is willing to refund $10 (of the $23 I requested)  and I have to decide whether to accept or not. I should probably take what I can, but that is still a $20 profit on my shipping charges. Not happy, but I rather be done with it... I'll probably think on it for a few days (I have until February 2018 to decide).

I have gotten ripped off with shipping many a time, but I can dismiss a $5 differential, I'm just not able to accept a nearly $30 overcharge!.... I can only imagine the shipping fee they charged for International Probably $100!

Now the seller wants to call it "buyer's remorse". I don't think I'm being unreasonable to someone who (perhaps unknowingly) violated ebay rules.   Actual + materials. Am I being unreasonable to request justice in shipping?

In an effort to satisfy your buyer s remorse, I am offering you this partial refund even though my policy CLEARLY states that I do NOT provide Refunds, Returns or Exchanges considering these items are in Used condition and in some cases are over 30 years old. I had also made it VERY clear to you that the shipping costs were AS POSTED in the auction and would not be changed as we had spoken BEFORE the auctions ended (Nope, I never messaged her prior, but I did after, so I might take partial responsibility) . Again, in this particular case, I cannot understand why if you had such a huge problem with the shipping costs did you continue to Bid, Pay and Receive the item BEFORE you started filing for refunds with eBay. This makes very little sense to me. If you had such an issue with shipping costs than you should not have Bid on the items in the first place. Again, nothing was hidden or sprung on you at the last minute. Everything was made clear and was up front from the time of your first message to me which was well before the auction ended. I hope that you take this offer of a partial refund so that we may be done with this and can finally move on. Thank you. I never messaged before the ordeal, so they must have been thinking of someone else.

Bottom line....  if you want a certain amount for your stuff put a reserve, DON'T AUCTION it or begin the bid at the lowest you are willing to sell it for (not jack up your shipping to the lowest acceptable price).

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 07:15:49 AM »
Good grief that seller to me is kind of blunt and borderline rude.  They have found a justification for what they are doing.  It doesn't matter if they take refunds or not.  Ebay requires that if a refund be given.  They sure do think they have a lot of control over the way business is run on ebay.  If they still think they can say no refunds then they are in for a shock, but you will have to pay to ship them all back and I would take that into consideration.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 06:02:07 PM »
I'm checking her feedback daily... I'm not the only one! Someone else gave positive " shipping is outrageous".

Here is the full description from the listing:

You are bidding on ­­­­My Little Pony Lot 9

Condition: All of these ponies are from my private collection and are in Great to Near Mint condition! However, with a VERY FEW exceptions, you will find: internal rattling (mostly in the G1 babies), missing tail hair, minor hair-cuts, minor scuffs and/or marks. Ponies that are pictured in their boxes are indeed MIB/MOC and have never been opened although their boxes/packaging may have minor damage, with the exception of the My Pretty Pony which has been opened but still has her original box, all instructions and all accessories.

***These lots will ONLY be listed ONCE, so if you want them, BID don’t just watch! These lots do not include Nirvanas and there are absolutely NO FAKIES!!!***

All ponies are coming from a smoke-free and pet-free environment. They have all been meticulously packaged and safely kept in boxes for a few years, now it’s time to find them new homes! The pictures shown were taken of the ACTUAL ponies. What you see in the picture is what you will receive!

You could not ask for better additions to your collection. I have collected these ponies over many years but now it is time to thin my herd. Please give them a good home! 😊

Shipping: I will ship to the domestic United States for the listed price on the bid. For shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or outside the United States please message me and I will give you a quote because it WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE PRICE POSTED on the bid. (25.95 for 15 ponies) - never states clearly no combined shipping, but I guess it is implied by "listed price on the bid"

Returns/Exchanges: I do not do any returns or exchanges for any item listed. ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!! With this in mind, please feel free to ASK me any questions you may have on any item listed BEFORE you bid. I can also provide you with additional pictures via email if you require them. Thanks so much!

***Paypal only please!***

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 06:04:41 PM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »
I sit in the camp she stated the shipping price so don't bid if you don't like it. I didn't bid cause I didn't like shipping price. I do agree she went a sneaky way about bumping up the price but she was straight up that that it's what the price is. I would feel ticked off if I was here, I don't agree on bidding period if you aren't happy with the shipping price.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 10:14:08 PM »
The price was the price, and that's fair enough. I don't bid on something unless I'm happy with the overall price, but that's just because I'm a quite a reasonable person, and I can't be bothered dealing with morons that think they'll get more that way.

HOWEVER, it's also absolutely fair, that as it is stated that that section of the price is for shipping and handling, that that price should include shipping and handling to that value. I'd expect a good fast shipping method, in a sturdy, quality box, possibly with the items wrapped quite well individually. And if I was overcharged by that much, I'd be annoyed if I didn't get the best shipping that I could possibly have gotten for that amount. You should get what you pay for, and that amount was supposedly reserved for 'shipping'.

If you want a better price, you pay for a reserve, start the auction as low as you're willing to go on the item, or you sell as a BIN. You do not pile the 'reserve' onto the shipping price. I don't give a duck's behind that they put FVF on shipping now. That just means you add up your S&H expenses, then add the extra% onto it, not that you add whatever you feel like. It's outrageous. And then to respond the way the seller did to the buyer's enquiry was rude to boot. I certainly wouldn't have given them positive feedback after a message like that. Even if I got the items for a single cent, it's irrelevant, the transaction experience wasn't POSITIVE at all. And that was the question - Neg or neut? Again for me it would be a neutral - Items were fine, but the overall shopping experience leaves a LOT to be desired, and I wouldn't return to that seller's store.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 10:22:30 PM »
Still it was clear as day the shipping price. Don't bid if you aren't happy, ask if you think the price is off nothing should be assumed these days.
The stress chipster is going through unfortunately could have be avoidable by not bidding, others choose not to bid to avoid outrage at a shipping price which you know is going to be much lower than stated.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 03:34:38 AM »
Still it was clear as day the shipping price. Don't bid if you aren't happy, ask if you think the price is off nothing should be assumed these days.
The stress chipster is going through unfortunately could have be avoidable by not bidding, others choose not to bid to avoid outrage at a shipping price which you know is going to be much lower than stated.

I agree with this, but possibly because I'm a hardened and embittered international buyer who has to deal with sellers jacking up international shipping prices because (I can only guess) they think we don't understand other currencies. And sometimes they add that onto the custom value, which puts up import duty as well. I think that the pain of overcharged shipping is so normal in my life that I just kind of think it's one of those ebay things.

The only thing I would say is that the seller's attitude is really very rude. And I would be taking that back to ebay and letting them look at it. I think if the price of shipping is listed when you bid, then you know what the deal is. It is wrong to charge more than you intend to spend, but as handling is nonspecific, it's hard to make a case around it. I remember one person who included in handling driving to the post office, and buying lunch on the trip...so yeah. Not fair but still.

Just her manner as a seller is not professional or polite. Her description gives some hint of her potential attitude, though, and I would have steered clear based on her large print exclamation mark overuse and minor rant about only listing them once....

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay: Exorbitant Shipping Costs - Resolved
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 03:59:39 PM »
Thought I might touch base with everyone....

She offered me a $10 refund - I didn't respond. She asked ebay to step in.
Ebay sided with her. I appealed - ebay again sided with her.
I then called Ebay they said they would reevaluate my claim & transferred me to Paypal where I filed a claim. She never responded to the claim... Finally I got my money back. & both of us had eachother's feedback removed by ebay.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay: Exorbitant Shipping Costs - Resolved
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »
Wow what a fight for your money!  Would you share the ID of this seller?  You can PM me!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal