TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Cancelling an ebay order

(1/5) > >>

alkevin:
A spanish seller was selling a figure I wanted, I paid and he still didn´t send it. So I asked if he was sending the item from Spain or from China, since customs applied new taxes, for items above 20€ we pay taxes his answer: "Hello,
i sent it using my proveider form asia. International shipping is too expensive so i need to sent it this way. If you want it from spain, you need to choose angemon and pay 15eur shipping cost." Can I ask to cancel this order? If he doesn´t there is other way?
PS: he said the item was located at Spain, but in the description: we ordered from our chinese provider.

lovesbabysquirmy:
Sounds like the storefront is in Spain but the actual logistics and shipping is in China.  Orders are placed online, then shipping/invoices are printed out, items are found, boxed, labelled and shipped from another location.  Actually pretty common these days!

You can't force the seller to send from Spain if the actual item is stocked in their Chinese warehouse, in China.  If the description says, "shipping from China", that's what kind of business they have.  They were completely truthful in that their Business Office is located in Spain.  ;)  That way they can deal in transactions using EU rather than the yuan.  ;) 

Clearly they have already taken the tax hit and the inconvenience of pre-importing some items, as they said you could pay the EU shipping rate, but of course they would have to pass the fees directly onto you as they already paid customs and taxes to have it available to buy in Spain.  So... you'll either be hit by the customs fees or by paying a higher price for the already-imported item... that's your decision... but those are your options...

As far as whether you CAN cancel the Ebay transaction for this reason, I don't know... I think you can?  But the next seller shipping from China will have the customs fees applied, and the next Spanish seller who has product in hand, will have to build those fees into a higher price. 

alkevin:
It said that the item location was in Spain. But refered in the description they ordered from China.

lovesbabysquirmy:
Why is that a problem?  You sound like it's a bad thing that they have informed you that they import items in from China by writing it in the description.  That's where Ebay asks sellers to put the most detailed info for their item, like detailed shipping info, item condition, etc.

But they have already put your order through to their warehouse so it's not really fair to cancel on them if you bid, and THEN read the full description in the auction... 

LadyMoondancer:

--- Quote from: lovesbabysquirmy on December 19, 2017, 07:34:39 AM ---Why is that a problem?

--- End quote ---

Because of customs fees, it sounds like.

(It also generally makes it more likely that you're bidding on a bootleg.  Maybe not in this case, but in general.)

I feel like it's probably against eBay's rules to list the item location as Spain and then ship from China, but I'm not positive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version