collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cancelling an ebay order  (Read 2325 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Cancelling an ebay order
« on: December 18, 2017, 01:48:45 PM »
A spanish seller was selling a figure I wanted, I paid and he still didn´t send it. So I asked if he was sending the item from Spain or from China, since customs applied new taxes, for items above 20€ we pay taxes his answer: "Hello,
i sent it using my proveider form asia. International shipping is too expensive so i need to sent it this way. If you want it from spain, you need to choose angemon and pay 15eur shipping cost." Can I ask to cancel this order? If he doesn´t there is other way?
PS: he said the item was located at Spain, but in the description: we ordered from our chinese provider.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:53:32 PM by alkevin »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Cancelling an ebay order
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
Sounds like the storefront is in Spain but the actual logistics and shipping is in China.  Orders are placed online, then shipping/invoices are printed out, items are found, boxed, labelled and shipped from another location.  Actually pretty common these days!

You can't force the seller to send from Spain if the actual item is stocked in their Chinese warehouse, in China.  If the description says, "shipping from China", that's what kind of business they have.  They were completely truthful in that their Business Office is located in Spain.  ;)  That way they can deal in transactions using EU rather than the yuan.  ;) 

Clearly they have already taken the tax hit and the inconvenience of pre-importing some items, as they said you could pay the EU shipping rate, but of course they would have to pass the fees directly onto you as they already paid customs and taxes to have it available to buy in Spain.  So... you'll either be hit by the customs fees or by paying a higher price for the already-imported item... that's your decision... but those are your options...

As far as whether you CAN cancel the Ebay transaction for this reason, I don't know... I think you can?  But the next seller shipping from China will have the customs fees applied, and the next Spanish seller who has product in hand, will have to build those fees into a higher price. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 04:02:50 AM »
It said that the item location was in Spain. But refered in the description they ordered from China.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 07:34:39 AM »
Why is that a problem?  You sound like it's a bad thing that they have informed you that they import items in from China by writing it in the description.  That's where Ebay asks sellers to put the most detailed info for their item, like detailed shipping info, item condition, etc.

But they have already put your order through to their warehouse so it's not really fair to cancel on them if you bid, and THEN read the full description in the auction... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 08:36:29 AM »
Why is that a problem?

Because of customs fees, it sounds like.

(It also generally makes it more likely that you're bidding on a bootleg.  Maybe not in this case, but in general.)

I feel like it's probably against eBay's rules to list the item location as Spain and then ship from China, but I'm not positive.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »
I ordered from a seller on Spain just not to pay customs. They ( customs) put a new rule: if an item´s price from Asia is more 20€, you need pay . The item is 38, when it arrives I wii pay more than 22€.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »
I would tell the seller you no longer want the item because they misrepresented where it was from.  Do not pay the seller.

Here is eBay's page on item location misrepresentation:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/item-location.html

And here's what the page says:

Sellers must be clear and accurate about the location their item will be shipped or picked up from. We don't allow false, inaccurate, vague, or misleading information about the location of an item in the Item Location field or description. When listing items for sale, sellers are expected to provide the city, state and country of their item so shipping charges and delivery times can be accurately calculated and communicated to buyers.  Also, if there is a location stated in the item description, it has to match the location in the item location field.

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 03:23:41 AM »
The problem is I already paid and he replied to a msg of mine that he had the figure.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »
I would tell the seller you no longer want the item because they misrepresented where it was from.  Do not pay the seller.

Here is eBay's page on item location misrepresentation:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/item-location.html

And here's what the page says:

Sellers must be clear and accurate about the location their item will be shipped or picked up from. We don't allow false, inaccurate, vague, or misleading information about the location of an item in the Item Location field or description. When listing items for sale, sellers are expected to provide the city, state and country of their item so shipping charges and delivery times can be accurately calculated and communicated to buyers.  Also, if there is a location stated in the item description, it has to match the location in the item location field.

Interesting!  I learned something new today!  Thanks LadyMoondancer!
The Bad Trader List

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »
NP!  Ha ha, eBay is so confusing it's no wonder we can't keep track of all their rules!

Alkevin, did you pay the shipping price already as well?

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 05:31:15 PM »
Well the field is called "Item Location". It's not like it's vague and just says Location.

I'd message them back and say that you'd like a refund when it's returned to them for not picking it up from customs. That you had no intention of buying from outside the country due to customs fees, and that by entering the item location as Spain, you were mislead. You wish to purchase an item that is already within Spain.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 04:03:48 AM »
The price included the shipping. I´ve messaged him that I would like to cancel, but still no answer.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 02:13:59 PM »
I'd call Ebay and see what they advise you to do.

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
I finally received a message: "ok, if you want to cancel order you need to pay 0,35cent to my paypal acount: [email protected]
this is tax paypal don't return me. thanks"

Should I contact ebay or mark as item not received?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 11:08:45 AM »
Wow . . . I honestly don't know.  What a weird request from the seller.  It's their own fault for not marking the item correctly.  (And seriously, they're making a fuss over losing 35 cents on a listing THEY screwed up on??)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal