collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So Soft North Star!  (Read 759 times)

Offline whoisashleigh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • Who Is Ashleigh
So Soft North Star!
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:47:23 PM »
Long time, no news! Been very busy with a new summer job (yay, 5am mornings...) but I snagged a So Soft North Star recently! She's my first so-soft, and to be honest, I thought she'd be in worse condition when I bought her, since there was only one not-so-nice, somewhat blurry photo focused on flocking loss. But she was only 5 NZD ($3.50 US) so I thought, why not take a chance? For context, most ponies I've seen here lately sell for a good 18 to 25 NZD, even when they've got pen marks all over them.

I am a bit concerned as to whether I should try surface-wash her with a flannel or something, though I suspect it's more sun damage than actual dirt. Suggestions and ideas appreciated!  :)

Her hair is in fabulous condition, it's super soft, properly curled, and quite brightly purple. I'm quite sure it's original, or at least, it seem unlikely her previous owner would have replaced it given her condition otherwise. Her flocking fluff is still... well, fluffy? It's very discolored but feels lovely.

Her cutie mark is basically non-existent at this point though, and she's got a mark on her muzzle. Her flocking  definitely isn't as patchy as many I've seen, (and did I mention, it's fluffy?) It's missing on her ear tips, a little on her display wing tip and a little bit inside her hooves.

(For real though, she's so soft! I kept petting her while I was supposed to be photographing her ... whoops.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Missing flocking:

More close ups: https://imgur.com/a/GdmaT

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:52:12 PM by whoisashleigh »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: So Soft North Star!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 08:58:20 PM »
Congrats. She's cute! :3
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 09:13:26 PM »
Congrats on your new pony!
   What I do to wash So Soft ponies is pretty easy. I use Dawn Dish soap, the blue or green one. I get the pony wet with cold water first. I used a child's toothbrush and work the dish soap in circle motions on the pony till I have it all full of suds and bubbles. I don't push down very hard. I like to let the soap sit on the pony for about 15 minutes. I then will work in circle motions on the whole pony again. I then let it sit for about 5 minutes. After that I turn on the cold water and put the pony in the water. You will have to use your other had to gently rub on the pony to get the soap out. One time should work for her by the pictures.  Make sure you get all the soap out of the mane and tail. When you rub your fingers in the hair there should be so bubbles in it. If you find some then you need to run under the water again.  After that pony is all cleaned you will need to put in some conditioner in the name and tail. And brush it all threw, the soap will dry it out if you don't under conditioner. After that rinse off the pony again and then towel dry. Take the towel and just pat in on her, don't rub.
Have fun cleaning her and congrats on adding her to your collection!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 09:28:29 PM »
How wonderful! I want her so badly! You are one lucky duck. I love so softs. My first one was lofty. My sister thought her flocking was some weird mild growing on her...
While I don’t have any advice, other than to be careful as the glue might come undone and she won’t be so soft anymore, have fun cleaning her up!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 07:09:11 AM »
Nice find! She looks great! If you want to clean the flocking, you  can use mild soap and cold water, so the flocking won't come off. Washing her could get rid of the fluffiness though. You probably can't see the symbol very well because of the glue and the flocking. That's actually a good sign because it means there is still flocking there :) Congrats on your new pony!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »
She's adorable!!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »
her flocking is soo pretty and lush! *_*  she looks like she's gonna clean up beautiful.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 02:02:53 AM »
She looks so cute on the picture, good luck with her!  :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 12:37:16 AM »
Hi fellow Kiwi :wave:

That is a lovely SS pony you bought. I always avoided buying them when I was small because I was afraid they would be too delicate to handle the wear I gave them, but it turns out they are more hardy than I expected.  Achab gave some good advice on cleaning your girl, so I'm sure she will come up really well.  Congrats on your buy :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal