collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears Thread  (Read 56438 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2020, 10:17:36 AM »
That's too bad, Ragamuffin, Friend Bear is so nice... recently I got a capsule figurine of them, and it's the nicest one I got so far! All I got before was two silly-looking Good Lucks, a Bedtime and a Funshine.

But I do agree they should expand the line later on. Bring back the rest of the bears! Especially the rest of the main 10 ones (Birthday, Friend, Love-A-Lot...), although I'd love it if they added some of the 2000s bears (as I said before, one of my faves is Do Your Best) and the cousins!

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2020, 10:33:04 AM »
If the release of this line is going to be anything like the last line, they will probably release more and more characters as time goes by. By the time the last line stopped producing bearing a couple years ago, they had made products for nearly every single bear, plus a few new ones. Friend bear took a while at first to come out last time but she got her fair share of merch. I expect this time will not be much different

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2020, 08:17:59 AM »
Yeah some bears definitely get more merch than others. I don't see much of Birthday, Friend, Secret, Tenderheart, Champ, or the cousins.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2020, 09:17:31 AM »
Yeah some bears definitely get more merch than others. I don't see much of Birthday, Friend, Secret, Tenderheart, Champ, or the cousins.
Tenderheart's lack of merch relative to the others is weird because, you know, he's THE Care Bear!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2020, 09:30:31 AM »

Braveheart and Lotsa get a decent amount of merch.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »
I mostly  do the Poseable vintage Care Bears, as they're the ones I used to have wi the childhood collection. I have picked up a few plush over the years, but for me the poseables are the better ones as they integrate wi my Pony collection. Here are mine (minus cousins & plush) in the Lullabye Nursery. As you can see they're very busy bears!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »
Cute collection!

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
I'd looove to add more plushies to my collection! So far I've got a Tenderheart, a bootleg Cheer Bear I got from a carnival, a small Hopeful Heart, and a World's Smallest Share Bear (who can resist such a lovely milkshake symbol?). They're all from the most recent release of Care Bears, and I'm not necessarily looking for retro bears.

I'm very tempted on the BAB Care Bears but I don't know if I should get those or wait until the Unlock the Magic ones come here. I'd especially love another Cheer Bear. I have a soft spot for Carnival Cheer since she's a funfair prize, but she's stiff and scratchy  :yikes:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:21:30 AM by Dreamer »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2020, 10:26:54 AM »
I do think they look cute, but still no Friend Bear. I guess that's sort of the fault with Unlock the Magic being focused on a few characters, but it seems like they never make Friend Bear merch anyway.

:zzz:

I love UTM so much, it's so stinkin' cute. But the Bears have been decimated to a point it's comical. None of my faves are there except for Wish.

I hope we'll see the cousins in UTM.

Offline Water Lily

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Hi Everypony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2020, 09:00:16 PM »
My collection is not organized yet so don't mind the mess. I recently got a collection room and it is in chaos being unpacked. So for now they are up but not put in order yet. I'm thinking I need another shelf too and possibly some risers. I mainly collect the 80's 13" and 6" Plush and the 20th Anniversary 13" Plush. I have some other misc gen plush and merch. I'm also loving the new 35th Anniversary Bears. I have Share and Cheer. Hoping for Funshine and Tenderheart to show up soon. I also love the Land of Nod bears and have Grumpy and Funshine on the way so will just be missing Cheer. I'm missing the UK cousins and True Heart still since they are out of my price range. 

wow I'm envious of this collection! Absolutely stunning!!
You can never go wrong with being kind. :good:

Offline Rychu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2020, 05:27:59 AM »
The 20th anniversary plushies are so cute

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »
I recently got orange Proud Heart Cat! :)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2020, 10:52:51 PM »
Spoiler
My collection is not organized yet so don't mind the mess. I recently got a collection room and it is in chaos being unpacked. So for now they are up but not put in order yet. I'm thinking I need another shelf too and possibly some risers. I mainly collect the 80's 13" and 6" Plush and the 20th Anniversary 13" Plush. I have some other misc gen plush and merch. I'm also loving the new 35th Anniversary Bears. I have Share and Cheer. Hoping for Funshine and Tenderheart to show up soon. I also love the Land of Nod bears and have Grumpy and Funshine on the way so will just be missing Cheer. I'm missing the UK cousins and True Heart still since they are out of my price range. 

wow I'm envious of this collection! Absolutely stunning!!
[/quote]

Thank you! 5 of them are childhood bears and the majority of the rest I collected in high school from flea markets and garage sales and the 20th Anniversary bears I bought new as they were released. The UK bears have been my main focus as an adult collector  :)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2020, 06:21:35 AM »
I had some Care Bears as a child. Cheer Bear, Share Bear, and Swift Heart Rabbit. I think there were a few more but I can't remember for sure. Sadly my mom gave them away. I don't even remember when one day they were just gone. I gave her a hard time about it for a long time. She thought i didn't want them anymore.

Care Bears were actually my gateway to collecting MLP and Littlest Pet Shop. My BF was tired of me complaining about my mom giving away my Care Bears (it had a big impact for some reason). So he told me to just go on Ebay and replace them. I'm sure he regrets that over 250+ ponies and LPS later.

My stuff animals and Care Bears are packed away to keep them safe from my dogs. I need to get them back out soon so I can complete my collection :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 25, 2020, 07:52:02 PM »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal