collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears Thread  (Read 56038 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2018, 01:24:56 PM »
I saw lots of vintage care bear plush at the flea today, but no vintage brave heart lion, I keep looking for one for my baby sister who lost hers, but no luck.

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2018, 01:09:24 PM »
Re: Care Bears 25th Anniversary by Carlton Cards

Ive tried searching on the internet but didnt really find a list for the 25th Anniversary Care Bears that were avail at Carlton Cards. 

Ive seen many beanie 8" Panda Twins and beanie 8" Care Bear Cousins on Ebay.  My question is, were the Panda Twins and Cousins available in the larger 13" plush (non-beanie style)?  Or do they only exist as beanies?

Thank you :-)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2018, 01:15:06 PM »
I have the white/silver Tenderheart from 20th anniversary that came with the pilot on DVD at Carlton's/American Greetings.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:59:26 AM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2018, 06:23:24 AM »

Ive tried searching on the internet but didnt really find a list for the 25th Anniversary Care Bears that were avail at Carlton Cards. 

Ive seen many beanie 8" Panda Twins and beanie 8" Care Bear Cousins on Ebay.  My question is, were the Panda Twins and Cousins available in the larger 13" plush (non-beanie style)?  Or do they only exist as beanies?

Do you mean 20th anniversary?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253618107194

ENDED auction.  I think I can remember the panda bears. Can't remember cousins... I was after the smaller beanies at the time.

It's so hard to remember because there was another collector type set at normal dept stores too (like at Target..) at the same time.

ETA:
http://kingdomofcaring.net/collectibles/collectionguide.html

Here is some more info. You can dig on her page for a full list. Looks like there were a few cousins.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:32:26 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2018, 07:01:06 AM »
Carlton's had some nice soft bears. I didn't know there was a Loyal Heart Dog that size! I just got Tenderheart and remember seeing.... Cheer and/or Lovealot?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2018, 07:04:39 AM »
I found out Suprizamals makes mini Care Bears so I picked up two on vacation. Got Share Bear and Wish Bear! It's nice because they're small and won't take up a lot of space so I still have pony room.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2018, 07:30:32 AM »
I have the white/silver Tenderheart from 20th anniversary that came with the pilot on DVD at Carlton's/American Greetings.

The white tenderheart's are 25th anniversary... They were available at all stores not just AG stores (tho you could of picked him up there ^^).

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2018, 09:20:40 AM »

The white tenderheart's are 25th anniversary... They were available at all stores not just AG stores (tho you could of picked him up there ^^).

Oh ok. I had 25th then changed it to 20th cuz I thought it was too early for that.

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2018, 01:39:53 PM »
oH thank you BanditPony :heart:  Those are the Panda twins in 13"!!!  I need those :drunk: 

Yes, you are correct, it is the 20th anniversary

I went to KingdomofCaring, in the list it doesnt specify bears from Carlton Cards but Im assuming all the 13" bears are (there are 26 listed).  As far as the CB Cousins, I couldnt find anything re: Carlton Cards Care Bear Cousins or if they even exist in the 13" form???  (I know Target did release their CB Cousins in the larger 13-15" box w/ VHS). 

I have a set of 8" beanie cousins as well, but noticed some 20th anniv. 8" cousins for sale via Ebay listed as plush and others listed as beanies.  I would assume the coordinating cousins(same style bears as Carlton Card edition) were all beanies, because I only see pig and horse on Ebay in beanie form (both I dont have).

Is this correct?  Thanks :-)         

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2018, 04:19:38 PM »
I have a set of 8" beanie cousins as well, but noticed some 20th anniv. 8" cousins for sale via Ebay listed as plush and others listed as beanies.  I would assume the coordinating cousins(same style bears as Carlton Card edition) were all beanies, because I only see pig and horse on Ebay in beanie form (both I dont have).

Is this correct?  Thanks :-)         

The smaller Carlton Store 8inch size were all beanies.

And here is a 13" Cozy Heart Penguin, who looks to be from the Carlton Stores --
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Care-Bear-Cousins-13-034-Cozy-Heart-Penguin-Plush-20th-Anniversary-/152990093758?hash=item239eeb91be%3Ag%3AHj4AAOSw8CZa2UdS&nma=true&si=KR5sX7AHVuLE1FOwkFAFtcpY99s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
(Also an ENDED auction, just for reference) :( I feel like it's going to be annoying to figure out which ones actually had a release and which ones didn't.

This whole thread makes me wanna dig all my little guys out of storage :P

Oh ok. I had 25th then changed it to 20th cuz I thought it was too early for that.
^_^ I noticed you changed it, that's why I figured I'd mention it!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure I have almost all the 13" 20th Anniversary Bears (Missing America Cares, not sure he was released in Canada), I bought them all straight from Carlton Cards back when they were new and I worked in the mall. For cousins, there is Perfect and Polite Panda, Braveheart Lion, Lotsa Heart Elephant, Playful Heart Monkey, Loyal Heart Dog, Bright Heart Racoon and Cozy Heart Penguin. Here's a photo of my 20th Anniversary Bears, not the best but it's what I happened to have on my phone. They're all displayed by color, I've been playing around with how best to display them.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2018, 05:59:09 AM »
@Shy Violet

What a lovely collection :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2018, 08:46:57 AM »

I'm pretty sure I have almost all the 13" 20th Anniversary Bears (Missing America Cares, not sure he was released in Canada), I bought them all straight from Carlton Cards back when they were new and I worked in the mall. For cousins, there is Perfect and Polite Panda, Braveheart Lion, Lotsa Heart Elephant, Playful Heart Monkey, Loyal Heart Dog, Bright Heart Racoon and Cozy Heart Penguin. Here's a photo of my 20th Anniversary Bears, not the best but it's what I happened to have on my phone. They're all displayed by color, I've been playing around with how best to display them.

I love your CB collection Violet! :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kiwichi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2018, 12:30:07 PM »
I saw the pics but wasnt sure.  Thanks SO MUCH for the clarification!  Love your collection as well  :inlove:

Each bear was around $15, how much do you think each care bear (no cousins) is worth as of right now? 

I had purchased a few CB with VHS, but those are worth pretty much nothing -_-  If i had a niece who loved CB, I woulld just gift her these for bdays and xmas (lol).  Also, sadly with this flodding of CB merchandise, the value of vintage 80s CB have dropped significantly.  Would it be better to hold or sell???

Offline Khoufu

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
I traded a box of 2000s care bear plushies for art. The deflation of old care bears is gonna tempt me to rebuild my old collect but I better not. I already got Gentle Heart and Brave Heart recently.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal