collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears Thread  (Read 56049 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Care Bears Thread
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:07:19 AM »
There was one here before, but it seems it's no longer here, so... let's get the party started again!  :frolic: :woohoo:

Talk about Care Bears, show pics of your collection or tell the latest news of everything and anything Care Bears!

I'll chat for a bit to start the thread. I only got interested in Care Bears quite recently, but my favourites are Hopeful Heart (my first plush!), Cheer, Lotsa Heart and Do-Your-Best. I also quite like Birthday, Tenderheart and Grumpy (who doesn't like Grumpy?)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:11:15 AM by Dreamer »

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 02:14:24 PM »
I loved these as a kid and had all the little plastic ones;

My first-ever one was Tenderheart, so I do have a soft spot for him... then I managed to collect the whole lot through birthdays/Christmas gifts. I even had the duvet set and a roll of the wallpaper!

We had the HUGE Panini album craze at school, even the boys traded cards with us girls! Ah, the special fuzzy stickers from earlier releases, then followed by the inferior, non-fuzzy versions later. Memories!

Then on to the cousins - Cozyheart Penguin was my first and only... then life got in the way and I grew out of them...

...since then, I have picked up a few of the cousins second-hand but have not yet completed my collection - maybe one day!

I was never a huge fan of the plush versions (I generally am not a teddy-bear fan, I appreciate their super-cuteness but don't have desire to own them).

The recent reboot has got my kid into enjoying them too, but they are not *quite* the same  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »
I love Care Bears, but sadly I had to donate them all when we moved, and have yet to replenish my collection. ;__; My favorites were Cheer Bear, Harmony Bear, my classic Brave Heart Lion and Gentle Heart Lamb.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, my little beanie Cheer Bear was the very first Christmas gift I can remember getting!

Hope some people post some pics so we can all drool over their collections! :lol:
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »
I am trying to find a vintage brave heart lion for my baby sister.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »
I used to love Care Bears when I was growing up. :) I got out of them for quite a while but recently started getting back in to them again. Here's a few pics.

This Love a Lot was a swap gift. She is one of my favorites so I was very happy to finally have a vintage plush of her.

Childhood Cheer

Childhood Champ

Minis and poseables

pillow dolls. I have several of these. :)

retro Care Bear beanies. I have several of these also, but only seem to have pics of Share and Grumpy right now. :)

I had Care Bear sheets on my bed at one point and also have a few DVDs, a VHS of the Care Bears in the Land Without Feelings and a set of the A Tale from the Care Bears books. :) I also have the Care Bears Panini album completed will all the stickers. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »
So I was browsing the Care Bears tag on Tumblr when I stumbled upon these! (original pic by neptunableu)

I'm so excited for these! I can't really afford to collect large plushies (have Care Bears always been this expensive?! plus lack of space!), so I'll be definitely looking for these pocket-sized plushies!

(psst, also hoping they make World's Smallest of our hoofed, brushable friends too! ;) )
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:36:31 AM by Dreamer »

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »
So I was browsing the Care Bears tag on Tumblr when I stumbled upon these! (original pic by neptunableu)

I'm so excited for these! I can't really afford to collect large plushies (have Care Bears always been this expensive?! plus lack of space!), so I'll be definitely looking for these pocket-sized plushies!

(psst, also hoping they make World's Smallest of our hoofed, brushable friends too! ;) )

OMG I love these! I'll have to keep an eye out. I have the Pound Puppies and I'm glad they're making some other toylines.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:57:39 PM »
I've discussed in the previous thread, but I have a pretty much complete collection of the bean bag plushies from the 2000's reboot, along with some others. They've been in storage for many years, but I plan on keeping them! There's quite a few bears from the 80's I'd love to get my hands on as well.

My favorite bear is Wish Bear, and my favorite plush-only bear is Work of Heart bear. My favorite cousins are Braveheart and NobleHeart!

Out of the cartoons, I prefer the DIC series. Not a super big fan of the newest CGI show honestly, but I do like the Nelvana series!

I'd love to get some new Care Bears stuff, it's my more quiet obsession but it's something very important to me. I especially love the new plushies they have at Nordstrom and the Care Bears x Hot Topic collection from earlier this year.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »
My collection is not organized yet so don't mind the mess. I recently got a collection room and it is in chaos being unpacked. So for now they are up but not put in order yet. I'm thinking I need another shelf too and possibly some risers. I mainly collect the 80's 13" and 6" Plush and the 20th Anniversary 13" Plush. I have some other misc gen plush and merch. I'm also loving the new 35th Anniversary Bears. I have Share and Cheer. Hoping for Funshine and Tenderheart to show up soon. I also love the Land of Nod bears and have Grumpy and Funshine on the way so will just be missing Cheer. I'm missing the UK cousins and True Heart still since they are out of my price range. 

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 01:47:21 PM »
I've got a very small Care Bears collection. There's only three!

I've got a Cheer Bear beanbag plush from the early 2000s with her tag still attached (best thrift find in a while!), a really tiny Bedtime Bear (?) figurine carrying a blanket and wearing a cute hat (I believe this is from the late 2000s) and a Joke A Lot (?) from the new blind bags. 

I really want to get more and have been looking at them at thrift stores and flea markets, but I've got no clue about how much certain bears are worth, let alone the space to keep them.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »
Another long time Care Bear collector here.  Been there, done that, retired (put out to pasture?) to the MLP community.  I still pick up the occasional piece here or there (this year was Rainbow Heart Bear, last year I picked up the 'they should have done these years ago!' Build-A-Bear Care Bears).  Really though, I only pick up one of each new character as they show up.  Until the day when they make every single character all in one series so they match I just can't support the endless repeats of Tender Heart, Cheer, Grumpy, etc.

I'd like to hear more about the Nordstrom and the Care Bears x Hot Topic bears.  Any pics?
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 10:18:27 PM »
Another long time Care Bear collector here.  Been there, done that, retired (put out to pasture?) to the MLP community.  I still pick up the occasional piece here or there (this year was Rainbow Heart Bear, last year I picked up the 'they should have done these years ago!' Build-A-Bear Care Bears).  Really though, I only pick up one of each new character as they show up.  Until the day when they make every single character all in one series so they match I just can't support the endless repeats of Tender Heart, Cheer, Grumpy, etc.

I'd like to hear more about the Nordstrom and the Care Bears x Hot Topic bears.  Any pics?

You can see the Land of Nod/Nordstrom Care Bears here https://www.landofnod.com/care-bears Lots of people aren't liking them but I think they're adorable. Can't get them in Canada though so I'm waiting on a few to come in the mail from some fellow collectors. I also have the 3 Hot Topic Bears, forgot to mention those. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 01:52:31 AM »
I always loved the designs and characterisation of the Care Bears but never got into collecting physical toys of them until the Build a Bear ones came out. I like the original 10 bears, the 10 cousins and also True Heart bear. Tenderheart and Wish have to be my top favourites though. I have Tenderheart, Funshine, Grumpy and Cheer from the BAB line. I'm hoping that they expand to include more - I can't fathom why they haven't done common favourites like Good Luck or Birthday or Bedtime yet!! Perhaps Good Luck will make an appearance one Patty's day in the future. :P

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 02:14:46 AM »
Awww, I love the Build-A-Bear ones! But only Tenderheart and Share are available online and there's no BAB stores in my country. Plus, it would be a little too weird to ship a plush in my household  >_<

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 08:13:12 PM »
Here are the Hot Topic bears. They're pretty cute. I'm not sure where I'm going to display them yet since they look really off next to the other bears.

And speaking of the cartoon, my DVD collection is finally out of storage!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal