collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 65249 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: DHX hit with major data breach
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2017, 01:13:26 PM »
Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

These are 100% legit, otherwise they would not have been leaked alongside partially completed FiM episodes and other clearly legit things. But as I said before, while they are real, they are just concepts, so they may differ from what we end up getting.

Thanks for posting the pics, I appreciate it!

Well, leaked info is only as good as the person leaking, you know?  Like, leaking some legitimate info and then mixing something false in is a possibility (Wikileaks style).  Normally I would say no one would bother doing that with MLP, but to be honest I could definitely see someone doing it just to troll the bronies, who are not exactly the most well-loved group on the internet.

i''m 50% sure I seen that on Deviantart the past year 0-0
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »
I predict when MLP gets rebooted, whenever that may be, the Mane Six will comprise at least half the main characters.

Ever since G2, when it seemed like every other released pony with Ivy, Hasbro has wanted to have a core set of recognizable ponies. Now they finally have that, and there is no way they're going to give it up. 

However it's possible there will be new characters introduced with the old characters (the way G4 had two core G3 ponies (revamped Pinkie and Rainbow Dash), but also new characters.)  Which is what I'm hoping for. ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2017, 02:08:59 PM »
Spoiler
I frankly don't care one way or another if the franchise is rebooted. If a new line comes out that appeals to me, great. If it doesn't, that's fine too. IMO, it's better for a franchise to end on a good conclusive note, than to run it into the ground and then end it.

The G5 artwork is beautifully done - I'm especially fond of Applejack's design. I'm not entirely sure whether or not it's genuine, but there are two points that make me think it is:

• No signature. While not all fandom artists sign their work, the vast majority do.
• The huge resolution. Artwork is usually shrunk down for online viewing, both as a quality thing and as a guard against art theft. If a re-sized piece is then scaled back to the original size, it loses quality - becoming pixelated. Basically, if someone steals your art, claims it as their own, and then wants to argue with you about it, you can provide a larger resolution as proof that you are indeed the original artist.

Of course, I could be totally wrong and it may just be well-done fanart. Guess we'll find out.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of all this!

Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »
I don't quite understand why everything is under spoilers?

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2017, 03:28:23 PM »
It was never meant to be revealed so soon but has anyway. Besides, other sites aren't even allowing the content to be posted.

Offline ultra8

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »
Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art

Wow! Those a pretty good. If the finished product is half as good as these I won't mind if this becomes G4's successor. Barring of course story and whether or not FiM completes on a high or satisfactory note.
Honestly I can count on my hand the number of reboots that I liked from the starting line vs. those that I had to get use to.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:34:15 PM by ultra8 »
Who Dares wins

\"I am just a simple thinker, though some call me Mad.\"- Mad Thinker

\"I don\'t have a word better than awesome, so I\'ll just say awesome again, only this time, louder. Awesome!\" -Rat King

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2017, 03:33:57 PM »
Oh my gosh, I really hope that G5 looks like that concept art! Applejack, especially, looks awesome in that style. Love the markings she's got!
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2017, 03:34:19 PM »
It was never meant to be revealed so soon but has anyway. Besides, other sites aren't even allowing the content to be posted.

So?

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2017, 03:36:36 PM »
I think the new designs are all right, but we need something different than G4, with the coming
Spoiler
5th generation reboot

As to the end of G4; I'm sorry, but this had to happen. This should have happened after Twilight became an alicorn, and every season since has only gotten staler.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:40:15 PM by Firehooves »

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2017, 03:38:50 PM »

So?
Some people are steering clear of the leaks. People her are just being considerate :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2017, 03:46:23 PM »
Saw two of the leaked season 8 episodes on youtube and they were great^^ Also loving the G5 concept art for the most part.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »
I predict when MLP gets rebooted, whenever that may be, the Mane Six will comprise at least half the main characters.

Ever since G2, when it seemed like every other released pony with Ivy, Hasbro has wanted to have a core set of recognizable ponies. Now they finally have that, and there is no way they're going to give it up. 

However it's possible there will be new characters introduced with the old characters (the way G4 had two core G3 ponies (revamped Pinkie and Rainbow Dash), but also new characters.)  Which is what I'm hoping for. ;)

Spoiler
I think that if this concept art is real and we see the finished designs of the ponies as we see them now that LadyMoondancer is right and Hasbro will keep at least some of the Mane 6  characters even if they change species. G3 Rainbow Dash was an Earth pony but G4 Rainbow Dash
is a Pegasus.  I also think that most of the kids who grew up with FIM will be ready to move on to other cartoons/shows so the next group of children that begin watching might not even realize that Twilight was a winged unicorn. I do hope they keep the species the same as in the current FIM. I like the hooves on the new Earth ponies and the flowing mane on Fluttershy. I also like Applejack’s markungs.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2017, 04:57:10 PM »

Spoiler
I think that if this concept art is real and we see the finished designs of the ponies as we see them now that LadyMoondancer is right and Hasbro will keep at least some of the Mane 6  characters even if they change species. G3 Rainbow Dash was an Earth pony but G4 Rainbow Dash
is a Pegasus.  I also think that most of the kids who grew up with FIM will be ready to move on to other cartoons/shows so the next group of children that begin watching might not even realize that Twilight was a winged unicorn. I do hope they keep the species the same as in the current FIM. I like the hooves on the new Earth ponies and the flowing mane on Fluttershy. I also like Applejack’s markungs.

Ponyfan

Spoiler
But the weird thing is that the species change from G3 to G4 makes sense because almost all ponies in G3 where earth ponies so some of them needed to be changed to create the 2 of each species dynamic.  What is the point in randomly changing them now? 

I really would love a whole new cast but I guess I could live with these 4 if only there isn't a Pinkie Pie or a Rainbow Dash.  But I can't imagine that Hasbro would leave those 2 behind.  They've put so much into those characters since the beginning of G3. Pinkie is the pink one and Rainbow is, of course, the rainbow pony.  2 things strongly associated with the popular idea of " My Little Pony." 

Also, do these remind anyone else of "Horseland"?  I think it's the overly exaggerated hair.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:04:01 PM by Sunset »

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2017, 05:03:10 PM »
Yeah this entire thread will be spoiler-y. I don't see any use in putting anything behind a cut.

What a leak! I just spent the afternoon watching episodes.
I found #6-11 & #13. Are there more?
They all seemed pretty alright.
Molt Down was probably the most interesting for me. I do wonder why Twilight doesn't spend more time researching dragons to help Spike when these types of things come up. She's always so clueless that I feel bad for Spike.
The Mean 6 was a bit anticlimactic.
Surf and/or Turf was pretty sweet both in dealing with the topic and in bringing in Seaponies/Hippogriffs. I still wish they had cutie marks.

The stuff about G5 is... interesting. A lot of the talk in the emails (if they're real) honestly seems like there are too many people weighing in on concepts at the same time. I can see how some of the episodes and character designs go off in odd directions or lack coherence if this is really the way the team collaborates. I get that it's all preliminary stuff too but I really hope they ultimately go for new characters instead of redoing the mane 6. It seems really strange that it'd even be an option especially if the generations are going to be backed up so close. I'd love some elaborate designs but I know Hasbro better than that to think they'd transfer to toys well. I bet if that concept art really is what they are considering that it'll get simplified a lot before G5 is released. (I'm still a little bitter over the G4 reboot and them not fixing simple things like correcting colors or putting cutie marks on both sides.) It'll definitely be fun to see how things develop in the future.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2017, 05:07:11 PM »
Um, thus far no one has actually discussed the tv spoilers so if those are going to start being discussed then there should be a warning for the rest of us who don't want to know those yet. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal