collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: DHX hit with major data breach (beware of spoilers)  (Read 64532 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: DHX hit with major data breach
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2017, 08:01:09 AM »
Spoiler
Found the link to all of the leaked files, guess if anyone wants them, PM me and I'll link it to you.

Going through them all right now, there's also a pptx file with MLP plans for 2019, including a toy line called "Shimmer and Twirl Tails", I wonder if this will be similar to G1's Happy Tails ponies.

Spoiler
So is the leaked concept art the same ponies we know and love, or a whole new cast? I still can't find the concept art!

The concept art uses designs based heavily on G4 Fluttershy, Rarity (not colored), Applejack, and Twilight Sparkle. Some of their pony species are different however. Fluttershy's a unicorn, and Twilight is an Earth Pony. Rarity and AJ are their G4 species. While the concept art uses designs based on G4 ponies, I don't think we know if these concept will actually be used in the final products. I do really love this AJ concept design though, she's got some neat markings!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2017, 08:15:42 AM »
Spoiler
I think I found the G5 concept art.. is there just the one pic, with unicorn!Fluttershy, appaloosa-ish Applejack, Twilight Sparkle and a sketch of Rarity? Or is there more concept art floating around?

Well, they look interesting, if they're legit. I like AJ's markings and the feathering on her and Twilight. Not sure about the big hair on AJ and Rarity, though. The eyebrows are pretty weird, too :p plus geez, not more main 6, please.. give us a break already...

The art style doesn't really look that different to me, honestly. It'll be interesting to see if these are real or not.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »
Finally found it! Wow! They sure are interesting. I actually like it a lot, but it does seem almost like fanart.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 08:32:29 AM »
Spoiler

According to the file in the "Content Planning" email, G4 will get a second movie in 2019 that will be the end of it, and then G5 will begin with a CGI movie in 2020, with its series beginning in 2021.

Spoiler
I think I found the G5 concept art.. is there just the one pic, with unicorn!Fluttershy, appaloosa-ish Applejack, Twilight Sparkle and a sketch of Rarity? Or is there more concept art floating around?

Well, they look interesting, if they're legit. I like AJ's markings and the feathering on her and Twilight. Not sure about the big hair on AJ and Rarity, though. The eyebrows are pretty weird, too :p plus geez, not more main 6, please.. give us a break already...

The art style doesn't really look that different to me, honestly. It'll be interesting to see if these are real or not.

Definitely real, given the same leak contains obvious real leaks pertaining to seasons 8 and 9 of FiM. But while these are certainly legit, I guess it'll be some time before we see how it'll look compared to the final thing.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2017, 08:43:20 AM »
Spoiler
Wow. I think I went to bed right as this happened, because I just woke up to chaos. I don't know why, but this hit me hard. I haven't seriously collected G4 for about four years now, just EQG, but I have watched the show. I stopped really being part of the FiM fandom years ago, but this really hit me! I guess it's because G4 brought me into the wonderful world of ponies. Seeing the fandom implode hurts as well, as I was part of that once. I have only seen the G5 redesigns, no other leaks. They look great, I think. The style does look like fan art, but I love it. It's so whimsical, I hope they use it. I love AJ's markings! Though, flowers in her hair don't seem to be quite her. Fluttershy looks so elegant too. I think I will like the style of G5. I think I'm starting to accept that this is happening. Well, whatever happens, I have high hopes for G5 :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »
Could someone link me to the new concept art? I *think* I found it, but want to be sure I'm looking at the right thing before I go nuts over it. XD
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline TJgamer

• Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2017, 08:52:34 AM »
Is it safe to post some of the content right here in the thread? Because I have a lot of the files downloaded from "some other site" (and seriously, almost everyone there is in full panic mode).
Some of it can already been seen on the "Horse-News" site.
http://www.horse-news.net/2017/12/the-ride-just-hit-bump-but-it-never.html
Again, massive spoiler alert!
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »
Psssst, I'd like to see the G5 designs

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2017, 08:57:31 AM »
Is it safe to post some of the content right here in the thread? Because I have a lot of the files downloaded from "some other site" (and seriously, almost everyone there is in full panic mode).
Some of it can already been seen on the "Horse-News" site.
http://www.horse-news.net/2017/12/the-ride-just-hit-bump-but-it-never.html
Again, massive spoiler alert!

8 month window to clean out? Does that mean no new merch for 8 whole months?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »
My weird sense of humour finds this thread amusing because of all the spoiler tags.

Spoiler
The art for AJ is really pretty.

I feel like if this is the concept art for actual continuing the same mane 6 ponies, it's not really G5. It's probably 4.5 by our determination as a community. I mean, all the previous generations have had a core group of ponies at one point or another. G1 began it with the 7 Characters, albeit at the very end of the line and in Europe. But they dominated and some of them had multiple style releases as well before the end of the line (Melody, Sweetheart, Starlight.)

None of those ponies appeared in the core characters of G2. That was basically Ivy, Sundance (SunSparkle in Europe), Light Heart and a few others.

G3 also reinvented the core group, we had Pinkie Pie and Dash, true, but Minty, Sunny Daze, Sparkleworks etc as well.

G4 did keep Pinkie and Dash and some of the G3 names spilled over, but the bulk of the mane 6 wasn't from G3. Applejack is from G1, but her character is totally different. Twilight and Rarity, Fluttershy may have inspiration/name links from other generations but they are new characters to G4.

If it were to be a real G5, we should see not only a new style of pony, but new characters and setting. I guess we don't know about setting yet, but so far we've had Ponyland, Friendship Gardens, Ponyville and Equestria so that's important for a new generation of MLP in terms of the canon. In terms of the ponies, when G3 became G3.5, it was totally different in the style of pony, but it stayed 3.5 because the characters were basically from G3, just redesigned. Thus far this is what the concept art suggests for 'G5'. And for me that doesn't make a new generation.

If authentically Hasbro, this might just be them experimenting with the shape and also we don't know if it's just a sign of them keeping those three and none of the others. AJ would also connect right back to G1 again, so maybe more likely to stay than any of the others in a new generation. It's all speculation, but I feel like if you're doing a full scale reboot, it's only worth ending one franchise before it's actually died out and launching another if you're going to change it up in a big way. We saw that between G3 - G3.5 - G4. I would expect to see more different characters if it's a brand new generation. But we don't know yet. And maybe that's just my own personal hope. I am fed up with this mane 6. I would love to see different and new characters if we are getting a complete reboot. They don't have to be G1 throwbacks for me. I just like to see something original, not a new release piggybacking on the old one for its success.

I think the end of a generation of MLP for most of the people on here is something we've experienced at least once. I mean, G1 ended in 1992-5 depending on where in the world you are; some ponypeople weren't even born then O.o. but we're all still here. It's not the end of the world. The weird thing for me is the expectation of a new generation and MLP continuing beyond what's out now...because when G1 ended, that was the absolute end of MLP at the time, and we didn't have online communities really to share it with - it was still just growing. It really won't be hard for the fans of FIM and G4 to keep it alive if it does end.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »
Spoiler
CGI movie

Nooooo....

I think the G5 art is probably legit, especially since as you say it was leaked alongside obviously legit stuff (leaked episodes?), I'm just being cautious, you never know, after all XD I wouldn't want to get attached to anything and then have it turn out to be a fake, y'know?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:25 AM »
Could someone post the images here?  I want to see them, but I don't want to see any spoilers for the leaked MLP FIM episodes . . . which means I don't dare look under any of these spoiler tags.  ;)

I guess what I'm asking is if someone can post the images here and label the spoiler "images only, no TV spoilers" or something.

Edit:  I think I found the images on that Horseland site.  I am kind of dubious if they're 'real' because they look really fan-arty (nice, but fan-arty) and there's a suspicious amount of shading for a cartoon.  I'm looking at

Spoiler
all these highlights in Twilight Sparkle's mane and the shading on Fluttershy's body

and thinking "uh huh, I'll believe it when I see it."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:27:05 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2017, 09:31:22 AM »
Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art

These are 100% legit, otherwise they would not have been leaked alongside partially completed FiM episodes and other clearly legit things. But as I said before, while they are real, they are just concepts, so they may differ from what we end up getting.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2017, 09:38:00 AM »
My weird sense of humour finds this thread amusing because of all the spoiler tags.

Spoiler
The art for AJ is really pretty.

I feel like if this is the concept art for actual continuing the same mane 6 ponies, it's not really G5. It's probably 4.5 by our determination as a community. I mean, all the previous generations have had a core group of ponies at one point or another. G1 began it with the 7 Characters, albeit at the very end of the line and in Europe. But they dominated and some of them had multiple style releases as well before the end of the line (Melody, Sweetheart, Starlight.)

None of those ponies appeared in the core characters of G2. That was basically Ivy, Sundance (SunSparkle in Europe), Light Heart and a few others.

G3 also reinvented the core group, we had Pinkie Pie and Dash, true, but Minty, Sunny Daze, Sparkleworks etc as well.

G4 did keep Pinkie and Dash and some of the G3 names spilled over, but the bulk of the mane 6 wasn't from G3. Applejack is from G1, but her character is totally different. Twilight and Rarity, Fluttershy may have inspiration/name links from other generations but they are new characters to G4.

If it were to be a real G5, we should see not only a new style of pony, but new characters and setting. I guess we don't know about setting yet, but so far we've had Ponyland, Friendship Gardens, Ponyville and Equestria so that's important for a new generation of MLP in terms of the canon. In terms of the ponies, when G3 became G3.5, it was totally different in the style of pony, but it stayed 3.5 because the characters were basically from G3, just redesigned. Thus far this is what the concept art suggests for 'G5'. And for me that doesn't make a new generation.

If authentically Hasbro, this might just be them experimenting with the shape and also we don't know if it's just a sign of them keeping those three and none of the others. AJ would also connect right back to G1 again, so maybe more likely to stay than any of the others in a new generation. It's all speculation, but I feel like if you're doing a full scale reboot, it's only worth ending one franchise before it's actually died out and launching another if you're going to change it up in a big way. We saw that between G3 - G3.5 - G4. I would expect to see more different characters if it's a brand new generation. But we don't know yet. And maybe that's just my own personal hope. I am fed up with this mane 6. I would love to see different and new characters if we are getting a complete reboot. They don't have to be G1 throwbacks for me. I just like to see something original, not a new release piggybacking on the old one for its success.

I think the end of a generation of MLP for most of the people on here is something we've experienced at least once. I mean, G1 ended in 1992-5 depending on where in the world you are; some ponypeople weren't even born then O.o. but we're all still here. It's not the end of the world. The weird thing for me is the expectation of a new generation and MLP continuing beyond what's out now...because when G1 ended, that was the absolute end of MLP at the time, and we didn't have online communities really to share it with - it was still just growing. It really won't be hard for the fans of FIM and G4 to keep it alive if it does end.
Spoiler
This was a hack of DHX, not Hasbro.  Hasbro is probably in the planning stage in creating new characters and settings.  We still have two years as I said earlier, so probably nothing is set in stone.  So, this is likely pitch material for DHX to get the contract for any new media.  It's not what we will actually see, but something to show Hasbro what their work would be like.  Companies will do this all the time.

Let's wait until next year and especially 2019 to see what comes out.  That is when official material will be released to the public.  This was stuff never meant to be seen from us, so we should keep the speculation of the details limited.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »
Here's the concept art:

G5 concept art

These are 100% legit, otherwise they would not have been leaked alongside partially completed FiM episodes and other clearly legit things. But as I said before, while they are real, they are just concepts, so they may differ from what we end up getting.

Thanks for posting the pics, I appreciate it!

Well, leaked info is only as good as the person leaking, you know?  Like, leaking some legitimate info and then mixing something false in is a possibility (Wikileaks style).  Normally I would say no one would bother doing that with MLP, but to be honest I could definitely see someone doing it just to troll the bronies, who are not exactly the most well-loved group on the internet.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal