collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Haven't Found G2's in Over a Year!  (Read 836 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
I Haven't Found G2's in Over a Year!
« on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »
We stopped by a farmer's market that I had found ponies at in the past. Last year's trip to it was sadly pony-less, but this trip got me a good handful of them!
Poor quality phone pics, so pics in spoilers.
G2s:
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Morning Glory, Sundance, and Dainty Dove!
As title says, the last addition to my G2 collection was a matted Ivy from around two years ago. It was such a treat to come across magic motion ponies in the wild!! I think Sundance's motion is so cute. Even when it's matted and tangled, I love to turn her head and watch her tail flip, flip, flip  :silly:
Also, both Morning Glory and Dainty Dove's eye gems are still both intact!!  :frolic: I tend to have bad luck with the gems.
All three only have some dirt that should clean off pretty easily. And it looks like this pose of Morning Glory is actually an international exclusive, which is pretty neat.

G3s:
Spoiler

Sno-Glo and Starbeam. Not much to say about these girls, except I hope Starbeam's tinsel will be in alright condition when I get to tackling it. Sno-Glo also has a pen mark on her face, but I'm hoping some magic eraser will clean that off.

My dad hinted to more old ponies coming on Christmas ("Careful what you buy, maybe some gifts will be some random lots with who-knows-what in it". Paraphrasing, of course.), so cleaning this lot should tide me over until the lots of cleaning that will need to be done on December 26th.   :awake:

Has anyone else had any luck with G2 ponies lately? I know overall they tend to be rare to come across in the states, but are they becoming even harder to find now?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: I Haven't Found G2's in Over a Year!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »
Congrats!! Finding G2s in the wild is so exciting!

Has anyone else had any luck with G2 ponies lately? I know overall they tend to be rare to come across in the states, but are they becoming even harder to find now?

The last time I found some in the wild was in October (the 5th, specifically) at my local Goodwill. I had found Bed Canopy Light Heart and Seabreeze. My previous G2 purchases before then weren't all that "wild", I had gone to a small secondhand toy store that sells a lot of ponies after seeing the birthday Light Heart on their site, and bought a few other G2s there as well, but I hadn't just happened upon them, I actively went to a store for a G2 I knew they had.

Having been collecting for over six years, five of my 11 normal G2s were from thrifting, the other six were from that toy store. Then I've found the McDonald's Ivy and Sundance, as well as a plush Sundance while thrifting as well, making the total of thrifted G2 items to eight.

Although, when I found that Light Heart and Seabreeze in October at Goodwill, they did also have Magic Motion Ivy, who I didn't buy because I already had her (from the toy store).

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 04:22:47 PM »
Congrats! Finding G2s in the wild is a lucky treat, especially if they have their gems!! :) For your question, I found some McDonalds ones a couple weeks ago. The only actual G2 I have was found early September of this year. They are kind of rare to find in the US, sadly.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 04:39:25 PM »
Congrats on your new ponies! :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 11:18:54 AM »
Congrats on the pony finds, I have not seen any gen two in the wild for two years now.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 11:50:24 AM »
Great new ponies!  Both G1 and G2 ponies are becoming more and more difficult to find in the wild in my country (New Zealand). I know this because my brother is an avid collector who is always going around the thrift stores - and he picks up any ponies he finds for me :)

Congrats on your new additions.  I hope you pony luck continues :happy:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »
Congrats on your mini-haul!  :frolic:

I have noticed that here in the UK I do find the odd G2 once in a blue moon - but I have not been actively hunting for them.
Many more G3s are found in the wild... and G1 is super-rare for me! Beginning to get the odd G4 appearing at the charity stores now, even EG dolls.

I think that, in the spring there may be more to finds as folks do their spring-cleaning and sell off their old toys - this is when boot sales and charity store shopping is so much more fruitful!  :lol:

KallenTheSylveon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 03:52:38 PM »
Awesome haul! To answer your question, only once and over two years ago now.

And what the perfect time of the year to get Sno-Glo!  :biggrin:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »
Congrats!! G2's are certainly rare to find in the wild. I found 4 last Spring or Summer but otherwise I've only found 1 here or there and not very often.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 12:26:11 AM »
Congrats on your new additions! Since I live in Europe I still find quite a lot G2 ponies. Mostly online (yet local) but also when I go to secondhand markets. I know they are a lot harder to find in the US, almost all of my buyers are from the US. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal