collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about G4 Feathermay  (Read 1569 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Question about G4 Feathermay
« on: December 16, 2017, 08:43:30 AM »
G4 Feathermay's on my "would like to buy eventually" list, but just a question.. was she sold with head/body mismatch, or is she just incredibly prone to it? :p All the ones I've ever seen seem to have it, which makes me wonder..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question about G4 Feathermay
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »
Unfortunately, many of the G4 non mane 6 brushables seem to be prone to this.
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »
Really good question. I wish I could answer it. The only place I ever saw her here was in Hamleys (!!!???!!!) and they were there for about 2 weeks and that was it. I don't remember mine having it then. I don't actually know if she has it now, as she's on my shelf and basically she has such a lot of hair that I can't really see her head without getting her down ;) but I will check her when I get home if it helps your survey of information.

It might be that it's something that is unavoidable as I've also seen a lot of images online of this. I am not super bothered by this as a flaw but if it is unavoidable, it might hit the amount you want to pay for her. Especially if my suspicions about her having a more limited UK distribution are right and you will have to import one and pay extra shipping.

Question - do the MIB ones you see online also have mismatch? I'm wondering because obviously sometimes environmental conditions of loose ponies affect stuff that doesn't affect packaged ponies, but those most prone to mismatch in G1 generally exhibit it in mip examples as well...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:24:38 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
A lot of G4 ponies were sold with head-body mismatch from the very beginning, but I'm not sure if Feathermay is one of them.  Regardless, she is VERY pretty!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
I remember when I got my Feathermay when she just got to stores and she had head-body mismatch.  I ended up getting rid of her later because her head was such a drastically warmer lighter purple then her body.
Now, I can't say for sure because it has been a while, but I never saw a Feathermay who didn't have some kind of mismatch.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »
When I bought my girl I'm pretty sure she had a sight mismatch, though looking at her now I really can't tell but I know it's there. Mine is always in shadows so that is why I can't tell XD

I will say this though, most of the early G4s came already in various degrees of mismatch so it's likely you won't find one that is 100% non-mismatch but you can get close.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 10:01:57 AM »
I have a Feathermay. I don’t remember noticing a mismatch when I bought her. She does now, but it’s not as severe as some I’ve seen. She does seem to be prone to it.

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 10:27:05 AM »
I saw Feathermay when she was in stores, although I didn't buy one.  I didn't see a noticeable head/body mismatch in the ones I saw at that point, but it is possible that the dye looked okay for a few months while they were being sold but faded/degraded over time.  Unfortunately because G4 heads and bodies are made of different plastics we will likely see more and more of this over time.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »
I never really notice head/body mismatches unless they're extremely obvious. I checked my Feathermay, and she doesn't seem to have the problem.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 11:44:31 AM »
Feathermay had one of the worst mismatch problems when she came out. I think they all had it to some extent. I remember many people complaining and not being able to find one without a mismatch myself. I don't feel like mine has gotten any worse with time though and how bad it looks kinda depends on the lighting.

Feathermay by Flitter337, on Flickr

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
Feathermay had one of the worst mismatch problems when she came out. I think they all had it to some extent. I remember many people complaining and not being able to find one without a mismatch myself. I don't feel like mine has gotten any worse with time though and how bad it looks kinda depends on the lighting.

Feathermay by Flitter337, on Flickr

That is a really stunning picture of her. Mine would be really cross if she saw that, because I swear she hasn't had her hair brushed in about four years ;)

The only G4 pony I have that I know has bad issues with mismatch is the one in my avatar, and I knew that when I got her. But I will check Feathermay when I go home. I can't think it was too big a deal if I have never really thought about it...so I suspect this is a question as to how much that bothers the OP as an issue in a pony, rather than the severity of the problem itself...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
She's also on my want list. I always lump her and Flitterheart together. I don't really know why.  :huh:
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »
Play pony mad scientist and buy two and swap out their heads and bodies to get a more accurate match?  :silly:
Don't have a Feathermay, but my Honeybuzz doesn't seem to have a problem. Maybe her color was hard to nail down so we have slightly off batches?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 03:13:34 PM »
She's also on my want list. I always lump her and Flitterheart together. I don't really know why.  :huh:

I do the same  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 03:47:26 PM »
Probably should've clarified; I'm bothered by head/body mismatch, but if it's literally impossible to find Feathermay without it then I'm willing to settle :p I wanted to check if that was the case or not (that is, if she was sold with it or not) before I bought one, is all..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal