collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone remember Flight of Dragon, and Last Unicorn  (Read 2431 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone remember Flight of Dragon, and Last Unicorn
« on: December 14, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »
I wonder if any of you lot remembers the movies Flight of Dragons or Last Unicorn?

Which parts of those movies scare you?

The Orge scene, and the sand murks in Flight of Dragons still scare me to this day.

And in the Last Unicorn, it was the Harpy scene, along with the Red Bull.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone remember Flight of Dragon, and Last Unicorn
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 02:41:31 PM »
I remember almost everything about The Last Unicorn. I've been watching it several times a year for decades. Even my brothers remember that movie (one just recently re-watched and reported to me that it "held up very well").

I love the opening sequence, with the images taken from the Unicorn Tapestries. It's lovely.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »
The Last Unicorn is a real classic here. :) I didn't find any of it scary.

Haven't seen Flight of Dragons. :blush:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »
LOVE The Last Unicorn.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 03:25:47 PM »
I own copies of each and was watching them both this past month. :)
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »
I barely remember Flight of Dragons.  I was a child.  I have the Last Unicorn on DVD and watch all the time.  Also have Peter Beagle's books.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
TLU is my favorite movie ever. I wasn't especially scared of the harpy or Red Bull, but I remember how shocked/horrified I was when she was turned into a human.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
I love last unicorn, but have not seen the other one.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 08:22:59 PM »
Don’t throw fakies at me. I have never heard of FoD but watched tLU as a kid. I watched it for the first time as an adult a few months ago. I never found it scary. I realize that I never really understood the plot as a kid and still don’t really as an adult. I thought it was rather random and boring. They never explain why the Red Bull/master was collecting unicorns. Maybe I just remember it being better than it was.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
Never heard of FOD either, but TLU was and remains one of my favorite animations. Everything from the music, the animation, the backgrounds are beautifully done.

By the way, did anyone know that TLU is technically an anime? It was animated by Topcraft the same studio that animated Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, prior to the studio's purchase by Hiyao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki and Isao Takahata.

Don’t throw fakies at me. I have never heard of FoD but watched tLU as a kid. I watched it for the first time as an adult a few months ago. I never found it scary. I realize that I never really understood the plot as a kid and still don’t really as an adult. I thought it was rather random and boring. They never explain why the Red Bull/master was collecting unicorns. Maybe I just remember it being better than it was.

If I remember correctly, the book stated that King Haggard collected Unicorns because they were the only thing that brought him happiness; the only beautiful thing in his world.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:53:43 PM by Sundown »
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 10:29:40 PM »

They never explain why the Red Bull/master was collecting unicorns. Maybe I just remember it being better than it was.

If I remember correctly, the book stated that King Haggard collected Unicorns because they were the only thing that brought him happiness; the only beautiful thing in his world.

true :)

I LOOOOOVE TLU, its one of my favourite books ever and the movie is so beautiful!
I though remember, the red bull causes me nightmares as a kid!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2017, 07:21:27 AM »
Never heard of FOD either, but TLU was and remains one of my favorite animations. Everything from the music, the animation, the backgrounds are beautifully done.

By the way, did anyone know that TLU is technically an anime? It was animated by Topcraft the same studio that animated Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, prior to the studio's purchase by Hiyao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki and Isao Takahata.

That makes sense I guess, just was never clear to me with the movie.  I have never read the book.  I just found out that it was a book a couple years ago.  Watching it again, just made me wonder why I watched it as a kid because it just seemed random and odd to me.  It seemed like there was little rhyme or reason for its events.  It also seems rather dark (and deep) for a children's movie. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 07:29:03 AM »
I had seen the Dragon movie first, I believe. I had a VHS tape back in the day that I wore out. I never thought it'd come out on DVD but a few years it finally did. I prefer it to the Unicorn movie although I like both. TLU felt a bit anti-climatic to me. When she started pushing back at the bull and he backed off, that was pretty much the turning point of the story. I remember thinking, "that's it?" Maybe the book feels a bit more dramatic so perhaps I'll get it someday.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »
I only saw Last Unicorn a few years ago. I'd imagine the scene where we see all of the trapped magical creatures would be scary to kids, but kids are a mystery.
It's a very artsy film, though. I adore the visuals.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »
 :throw:

They never explain why the Red Bull/master was collecting unicorns. Maybe I just remember it being better than it was.

true :)

I LOOOOOVE TLU, its one of my favourite books ever and the movie is so beautiful!
I though remember, the red bull causes me nightmares as a kid!

I was waiting for someone else to say it first. I was forced to watch The Last Unicorn when I was very young and I must have been too little because the Red Bull scared me so much l refused to watch the movie again and even now as an adult I remember being scared of the Red Bull. Don’t throw fakes at me.  :throw:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal