collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I have been banned from transactions with arena members  (Read 3798 times)

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
I have been banned from transactions with arena members
« on: December 13, 2017, 12:13:35 PM »
Hi all, I hope somebody can help me. As the title says I have just found out that I have been banned from transactions at the arena. It made me very sad when I saw it’s really like this😢. It‘s true I have promised people more than I could pay sometimes and I ended up paying much slower than I intended. But I worked hard on everything I messed up and I can say by now that I have made things right with everybody. I would like to apologize to all involved persons. I also would you like to know that I never took money or ponies from anybody! What can I do to become an entire part of the community again? I think I can not live my most beloved hobby anymore if I am banished at the arena :yikes: Please give me one more chance I promise it won‘t happen again! I would be heartbroken if I stayed banished here forever. Please let me proof that I can do better. Regards to you all Angela
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: I have been banned from transactions with arena members
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:57:38 PM »
I'm sorry Aniko, but you were banned from transactions almost a year ago - and you only noticed (and brought attention to it) now?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
Hi loa, I didn’t collect ponies for like 9 months or so to recover my funds and pay people I owed money to.I haven‘t been online for a long time and started only recently coming online again. I really didn‘t see until yesterday that I am banned. I wish I could turn back time and make everything unhappen.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 01:54:41 PM »
I'm sorry but your behaviour and track record have proved you to be a risk to everyone else on the forums, especially as you are dealing in expensive ponies.

Thank you SquarePeg!

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 10:36:10 AM »
I can understand that there must be a punishment, but I don‘t understand that this must be forever? Since I didn’t betray people for ponies or money I think I deserve a second chance to show you all that this won‘t happen anymore. I have been slow in payment in the past and I regret it, but I never meant to harm anybody. I hope the person who has banned me can contact me and we can work something out. I would also agree in a banishment forever if I ever show the same behavior in the future what I certainly don‘t intend to do! I can take a punishment and I think it is fair if it is not forever. Thank you for reading.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »
Unfortunately, since starting this thread we have now had more people come forward with their stories of your actions.

Thank you SquarePeg!

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 12:50:47 AM »
So why didn‘t they come forward earlier, sorry this sounds fishy to me. Why don’t they contact me if they have a problem? If I have missed anything so please contact me directly I am here to work out problems with you! As far as I know I have cleared up everything with everybody here, but Please let me know if I have missed anything. Anyways I don‘t believe I have missed anything. So this means I‘m gonna be banned forever?

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »
So why didn‘t they come forward earlier, sorry this sounds fishy to me. Why don’t they contact me if they have a problem? If I have missed anything so please contact me directly I am here to work out problems with you! As far as I know I have cleared up everything with everybody here, but Please let me know if I have missed anything. Anyways I don‘t believe I have missed anything. So this means I‘m gonna be banned forever?

It's not fishy when you are calling attention to yourself. They have seen this post and gone "OMG I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE" and contacted the Mods.
You will not be able to buy, trade or sell on the Arena on a permanent basis.

Thank you SquarePeg!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 07:45:21 AM »
So why didn‘t they come forward earlier, sorry this sounds fishy to me. Why don’t they contact me if they have a problem?

Can't speak for everyone, but sometimes people are uncomfortable speaking up if they've had a bad experience with a seller (because they don't want to 'rock the boat' or what-have-you); once it's clear there's a problem, it tends to make people more confident in coming forward and saying 'I had a bad experience with them too'. Guessing that's what's going on here.

(I hope it's okay for me to post here, not trying to pass judgement on anyone just trying to add my opinion on that)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 05:08:33 PM »
I haven't had any transactions with anyone involved in this whole thing, so I won't weigh in on any of that. I have no idea if the transaction banning is justified or not, so I won't make any judgements about that.  I just wanted to say that people "coming out of the woodwork" in these situations is actually *extremely* common.  I've personally been involved in at least 5 separate instances of this - and at least three times my post was the one that triggered it.  People have a tendency to think "I'm just an anomaly - I don't want to ruin their reputation over one silly transaction".  Unfortunately, that's usually what allows bad traders and scammers to operate for so long.  This can be particularly true with popular or well known members.  They'll often have friends to defend them, and very few people want to face an angry clique of defenders. 

The first instance I posted about involved a long time, fairly well known person in the pony community(ferfener).  Once I posted about my particular transaction, *years* worth of bad transactions and shady behavior came to light.  The entire thing completely blew up, and ferfener basically left the community entirely.  Not until she lied to me about sending out a refund for a massive lot of "mint condition ponies" (really bait) she sold me unfortunately.  I never did get my $400 back:/  She even sent me fake pictures of a money order she supposedly "sent out that day", and then promptly dropped off the earth.  When I posted about my problems, *dozens* of people posted their stories of slow shipping, flaky behavior, items listed as "mint" but really had massive flaws that never quite made the photos, and all sorts of other terrible behavior.  It turned out almost everyone who had dealt with her in the last 5 years had problems of one sort or another, but since she had a good reputation, every single one of them thought they were the only one with issues, so they didn't post about it anywhere.  As I said, this is *very* common. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:11:02 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 02:31:40 PM »
Honestly I cannot blame the admins for perma banning transactions for you. You did some shady stuff on the arena, and it seems from an outside took advantage of people. You not have to deal with the outcome of being a bad seller/buyer. I dont feel sorry for you.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 03:26:45 AM »
Woah! Edited to remove nastiness!

Please make sure you know the rules -
Respect for fellow members/heated threads.
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Warnings on threads that get too heated or volatile may be given before the thread is automatically locked.  If a moderator's warning is ignored, the thread will be locked without further warning. Excessive involvement in heated topics may warrant a suspension from this site. Please treat other members with respect and decency. Topics that were locked may not be started again.

Furthermore, through your membership here at MLP Arena you agree to not only treat fellow members with kindness and respect but all Moderators of this site and the Arena itself in general. If you have a question or concern/problem with a Moderator it needs to be done via private message not on the forums.
Pony collectors come from all walks of life and various MLP-fandom cultures have emerged. Some of them converge here. Please treat all fellow members and collectors here with respect.

Loa
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:50:59 PM by Loa »

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »
Hi Loa, I didn’t consider my post as nasty at all. This person came forwards and insulted me although she does not know anything about me. I only defended myself, don‘t you see that? Wouldn’t you do the same if you were in my position? She made me angry and I flipped out. It‘s unfair that her post is still here.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »
I don't think you're understanding the whole point of you being banned from transactions. Google your username. There are YEARS of bad transactions associated with you. No one's calling names, no one is dragging your name through the mud. You're banned from transactions, and because you can't let this thread go and continue to bring it up with bad attitude on other boards on this site, I'm really surprised the mods haven't banned you from the Arena altogether.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal