collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have had $300 stolen just before Christmas!  (Read 1448 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Have had $300 stolen just before Christmas!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 12:13:08 AM »
I'm so sorry. The headaches and stress those situations cause really suck.

I've been a victim of identity theft twice. In Christmas of 2009 I logged into my bank account to check my balance for post-holiday shopping, and found ~$1,800 worth of fraudulent transactions. It included the purchase of two laptops, and money sent to some obviously fraudulent charitable fund in Nigeria.

I was able to cancel the laptop orders, but had to open a dispute with the bank regarding the other charges. It was all resolved withing 7-10 days.

So the one good thing is usually these matters can be resolved pretty swiftly.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 01:00:14 PM »
I haven't been stolen from, but it's not for a lack of people trying. Someone tried to use my account to buy $1600 in guns in the states but my bank froze the transaction and made me get a new account because I live in Canada and my account had nowhere near that much in it. Definitely a wake up call! In my case the info was likely taken from having my cc info on a retail website since they sent a letter months later indicating they had been compromised shortly before the attempted theft happened. I am much more careful where I put my credit card info now.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Faeriefalls

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 07:06:45 PM »
I haven't been stolen from, but it's not for a lack of people trying. Someone tried to use my account to buy $1600 in guns in the states but my bank froze the transaction and made me get a new account because I live in Canada and my account had nowhere near that much in it. Definitely a wake up call! In my case the info was likely taken from having my cc info on a retail website since they sent a letter months later indicating they had been compromised shortly before the attempted theft happened. I am much more careful where I put my credit card info now.

That's so scary! Luckily my bank was very helpful and onto it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona Ref
Formerly Witch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal